The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by katie331
Hi, I'm applying for 2014 entry and am looking to go to Swansea, Bournemouth, Plymouth, Surrey and Northampton. How is everyone getting on with their personal statement?
Katie :smile:

Hey Katie,

Just wondering if you received any news from Bournemouth university?
Just wondering if you received any offers from any university and have turned them down for another?

I had offer in Swansea however not great job prospect after so chose Worcester instead :smile:
Original post by Drfabianway
Just wondering if you received any offers from any university and have turned them down for another?

I had offer in Swansea however not great job prospect after so chose Worcester instead :smile:

Hey, have two offers currently and still haven't decided! Both in London which is where I was hoping for! Were there any other ways which helped you decide?
I suppose it's where your happy to take employment once completed the training. The chances of gaining a place with the welsh ambulance service are not very good, nearly all who have qualified over the past few years only a handful have gained employment locally. It seems midlands London and Home Counties the best bet. Two students who have completed in Swansea, one is working in McDonald's the other in asda and that's a fact..! Best of luck with whatever you chose or any one else, it's a great career if you put the effort and desire in :-)
I received a letter from Coventry uni that i have been successful in the interview for paramedic science starting in September, but because of a lack of spaces Im on the reserve list. Does anyone know how long I'll be waiting for a definite answer/ what the chances are?!
Hey guys, I had my letter from Swansea last week while in holiday to say that I was unsuccessful, but was on a reserve list. This really knocked my confidence as I felt the interview went really well. I have an interview on Friday at Northampton and would appreciate any help you all have to offer. I want this more than anything, but as a result of the letter last week I'm really not feeling to good about it. Thanks Katie.
Original post by Chamberlayne05
I received a letter from Coventry uni that i have been successful in the interview for paramedic science starting in September, but because of a lack of spaces Im on the reserve list. Does anyone know how long I'll be waiting for a definite answer/ what the chances are?!

Chances are very good so think positive, almost all uni's will use their reserve list :-)
Original post by Drfabianway
Chances are very good so think positive, almost all uni's will use their reserve list :-)

Thats great to hear, I'm really excited about it, i just hate the uncertainty and the way i cant plan anything until i get a definite answer. Fingers crossed anyway :smile:
Has anyone had anything apart from rejections from Brighton uni? I had my interview nearly a month ago and heard nowt, but have heard from people being rejected within two weeks from interview date?
Cheers
Maverick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 329
Original post by Maverick2518
Has anyone had anything apart from rejections from Brighton uni? I had my interview nearly a month ago and heard nowt, but have heard from people being rejected within two weeks from interview date?
Cheers
Maverick

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a rejection and when I spoke to someone for feedback he made it sound as if they had sent offers out. Maybe your on a waiting list until people firm their choices?
I think that is wise, I studied at Swansea for the 2 year paramedic science course and, although the open day and interviews were amazing, as soon as I started the course I regretted it (it wasn't very well organised and certain lecturers seem to have more time off than they are there - which we still had to pay for!!). I worked through this and just kept thinking 'its ok, its only 2 years then I can move back to work for WMAS' but sadly this wasn't the case. I really struggled to get a job accept with WAS, so a year later and i'm still in WAS.
I really wish someone had let me know about this before I went to uni, as I had 3 offers but decided to choose Swansea as it was funded - my advice to you all would be speak to past students and find out what the course is really like, and don't just go for the cheapest.

If you have any questions you'd like me too answer then I will gladly.
I've just made a group for coventry students so anyone whos got a place or is on the reserves who wants to join heres the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/689091761154368/
I plan on getting private accommodation as I dont think halls is wise for the shifts we will be on, so if anyone else has the same idea and is planning on a house-share get in touch! (:
Reply 332
Original post by Mr_Chuck
Hey Katie,

Just wondering if you received any news from Bournemouth university?

Hi, I didnt end up applying there sorry. Changed my mind last minute. Good luck though
Reply 333
Hi. Are there any current students at Greenwich Medway campus on here? If you are, please could you message me as I have a couple if questions :smile: thanks
Hi, I going to be applying for paramedic science at Coventry next year 2015 and I wanted to know if you have to have your C1 entitlement on your driving license? or will you be doing it at uni? I hope someone can get back to me as soon as possible thanks.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by dottyboo123
Hi, I going to be applying for paramedic science at Coventry next year 2015 and I wanted to know if you have to have your C1 entitlement on your driving license? or will you be doing it at uni? I hope someone can get back to me as soon as possible thanks.

Neither, coventry don't even require a driving license.
Hey guys, I had my letter from Swansea last week while in holiday to say that I was unsuccessful, but was on a reserve list. This really knocked my confidence as I felt the interview went really well. I have an interview on Friday at Northampton and would appreciate any help you all have to offer. I want this more than anything, but as a result of the letter last week I'm really not feeling to good about it. Thanks Katie.
Well it's a month today since my interview at Brighton and still heard nothing... Hoping no news is good news as I have heard people have been rejected within two weeks 😳
Thoughts peeps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's the same for me at UWE. I phoned them and they said they are waiting until all interviews have been done before confirming to make it fair for everyone. There last lot of interviews are on the first week of April so could potentially know within the Easter break. I'm not sure if Brighton are doing the same, but fingers crossed. :-)
Has anybody heard anything from Birmingham University for 2014 entry?
I'm on the reserves for Cov, but still don't know if I have an interview for B'ham.
Is this normal & is anyone else in the same boat?
Starting to get a bit anxious about it now because it has been so long since I applied for a place!

Cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending