The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Study finds that vast majority of Muslims are homophobic

(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Islam?
I am soooo tired of these thread holy ****ing ****.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm not even a theist but there is NO debate, just thread after thread after threhass after thelhjkrjen after jkbgtkjhn;krsjnhs;f

Progress is none.

Fuuuuuuuuuu********************...

Uhgggggggggg
Ok so now what are you going to do? Change to world?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Study finds the Roman Empire has collapsed.
True story.
Reply 8
Is anyone surprised?
Reply 9
Who are those 3% that think sex outside of marriage is acceptable but not homosexuality? :confused:
Reply 10
im not :smile: i dont mind gay people
Reply 11

I don't think it was "homosexuality" per se, but homosexual acts. I remember coming across the same report in another paper (The Guardian) who actually seemed to present it in a rather balanced way.

So homosexual acts are not "morally acceptable" but it seems Muslims are fine with homosexuals...
I for one am shocked.
Reply 13
Original post by tsr1269
I don't think it was "homosexuality" per se, but homosexual acts. I remember coming across the same report in another paper (The Guardian) who actually seemed to present it in a rather balanced way.

So homosexual acts are not "morally acceptable" but it seems Muslims are fine with homosexuals...

Fair enough, but it doesn't really make it any better.
Reply 14
Original post by Padwas
im not :smile: i dont mind gay people

That's great :smile: Muslims seem to be to be in a similar place morally to where Christians were 200 years ago. If Muslims can progress in a similar way then I wouldn't have problem with them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by KingBradly
Fair enough, but it doesn't really make it any better.

Having said that, Islam or more accurately, the Shariah regulates public behaviour so any outward manifestation of heterosexuality or homosexuality in a public sphere is dealt with by the state.

What one does in the privacy of their own, heterosexual or homosexual, is between an individual and God.

Is that "better"?
Reply 16
Original post by KingBradly
That's great :smile: Muslims seem to be to be in a similar place morally to where Christians were 200 years ago. If Muslims can progress in a similar way then I would have problem with them.

tbh secretly ... im not religious in the slightest but i am a muslim ...
Reply 17
Original post by Padwas
tbh secretly ... im not religious in the slightest but i am a muslim ...

Surely you're not a Muslim then... Muslims aren't an ethnicity like the Jews are lol. If you ain't religious you ain't religious.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
True story.

Good to hear that you fear us. :tongue:

The feeling isn't mutual.
Reply 19
Original post by tsr1269
Having said that, Islam or more accurately, the Shariah regulates public behaviour so any outward manifestation of heterosexuality or homosexuality in a public sphere is dealt with by the state.

What one does in the privacy of their own, heterosexual or homosexual, is between an individual and God.

Is that "better"?

I don't care what Muslims think about homosexuals who they have no relation to. It just worries me how they must treat family if they come out as being gay. Must be pretty unpleasant for anyone who does.

Latest

Trending

Trending