The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Victoria Halls Nottingham Trent Freshers

hi guys thought id make a thread for victoria hall freshers!
post the course youre doing
campus youre on
which phase you are
:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I might be booking, can't decide between vic halls and glasshouse :/
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jivory
I might be booking, can't decide between vic halls and glasshouse :/

Glasshouse is beautiful and Victoria Halls is practical! what is making you indecisive?
Reply 3
I like victoria halls (especially because it's so much cheaper than any others!) but I was worried it wont fill up and might be harder to meet people, but my friend's staying there at the moment and I talked to him and he said it's been great so think I'm definitely booking Vic halls :biggrin: have you booked already?
Reply 4
Original post by jivory
I like victoria halls (especially because it's so much cheaper than any others!) but I was worried it wont fill up and might be harder to meet people, but my friend's staying there at the moment and I talked to him and he said it's been great so think I'm definitely booking Vic halls :biggrin: have you booked already?

yeah the main reason i booked is because the people who i know that live there love it! make sure you book phase 1 in Victoria Halls because that is for the freshers (otherwise youll be booking with 2nd and 3rd years) victoria halls is much cheaper than anywhere else so we would have around £50 more than anyone living on campus which is handy! Also, dont worry about it not filling up, youre guranteed to be put with people in the same year as you and they have fresher reps that will make sure you settle in well! let me know if you book too :smile: x
Reply 5
Original post by politicschick
yeah the main reason i booked is because the people who i know that live there love it! make sure you book phase 1 in Victoria Halls because that is for the freshers (otherwise youll be booking with 2nd and 3rd years) victoria halls is much cheaper than anywhere else so we would have around £50 more than anyone living on campus which is handy! Also, dont worry about it not filling up, youre guranteed to be put with people in the same year as you and they have fresher reps that will make sure you settle in well! let me know if you book too :smile: x

I've booked! Just waiting for them to get back to me :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by jivory
I've booked! Just waiting for them to get back to me :smile:

yay which one? what course are you? make sure you booked phase 1!
Reply 7
hey
i have booked victoria halls for september and ill be a fresher?! anyone else booked? ive requested to be in a flat with other freshers and people on my course, ill be studying business management and accounting and finance... anyone else? dont want to be on my own!!
Reply 8
Original post by katietxx
hey
i have booked victoria halls for september and ill be a fresher?! anyone else booked? ive requested to be in a flat with other freshers and people on my course, ill be studying business management and accounting and finance... anyone else? dont want to be on my own!!

hi you will most definitely be with other freshers if you booked phase 1 when selecting your accommodation! im doing an education course so we will probably be in the same boat making friends!
Reply 9
I've just booked Victoria Halls for September too & im studying business management and economics so maybe we might be put together!
Reply 10
I'm undecided ATM but I think ill end up booking Victoria Halls based on its price but I'll be studying all the way over in Clifton! I also know one other who is booking this accommodation!
Ive chosen to study Computer Science.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Wouldn't up rather have to travel a little but to Uni every few days rather than everytime you wanted to go out in Nottingham get a taxi or something?? Book victoria halls! I feel like I am rounding people up lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I'm really sorry about my spelling there btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Wouldn't up rather have to travel a little but to Uni every few days rather than everytime you wanted to go out in Nottingham get a taxi or something?? Book victoria halls! I feel like I am rounding people up lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure I'll book it soon, maybe over the weekend! Do you know how many room they have in the whole building?
Reply 14
Not sure really it should say on the website!

Posted from TSR Mobile
im doing the same by the way (course is at clifton!)
Reply 16
Hey, I want to apply for the Victoria halls, I assuming it will be mostly Nottingham Trent students, Phase one is for 1st year students? The price is far better than those own by the University for the accommodation. Are the flats sorted by year and course so new students are together?
Original post by tomhill.95
Hey, I want to apply for the Victoria halls, I assuming it will be mostly Nottingham Trent students, Phase one is for 1st year students? The price is far better than those own by the University for the accommodation. Are the flats sorted by year and course so new students are together?

phase 1 is generally freshers any way but even still the flats are organised into freshers again so dont worry
it looks like vic halls gives away sweets every week on facebook?
hey

I'll be studying Business Management and Human Resources - and will be living here too - booked in February!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending