The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Nursing Sept 2014 - anyone heard anything?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raducan
I must have been in the first batch; I've had my interview and accepted my offer for Children's Nursing! If people want to know any specifics about how the interview day works I'm happy to share. They are absolutely LOVELY and that's what sold BCU to me.

my interview is on the 31st.. getting pretty nervous as I REALLY REALLY want BCU.. How long after the interview did you get an offer for a place? In the face to face panel interview do they just ask you questions about you and your character?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Dadeo
Hi guys! Well done on your interview offers! Massive tip, unless you want to be waiting around for HOURS you need to get there early. I got there at 12:20 and it was due to start 12:30, ended up last on the list, so last to get my documents checked and last to be interviewed. The day goes like this basically, you get there and they encourage you to talk amongst the group, the admissions tutor then does a little introductory talk and starts checking a few peoples documents. Its important you make sure you bring everything they ask, birth certificate, photo ID (make sure its in date as one girl turned up with only an out of date passport) and a passport sized photo for them to attach to your forms. You might have the chance to talk to a student ambassador, we had this guy who had not long finished and was waiting to start an RMN job. Got to ask him questions etc. Then they take you to an ICT suite where they talk you through the log in process on the computer, and through the tests too. As you do the tests you get your scores straight away and they ask you to write them down on a sheet too. If you don't pass the tests then you don't get to interview. You get given plenty of time so don't rush, I made two stupid mistakes in the maths tests because I was going too fast. Anyway, then as you finish you can go back to the first room to wait for document checks and interviews. The whole day is really relaxed. Not going to tell you the questions, as they ask everyone the same questions and it would be massively unfair to everyone who's already had their interviews. After your face to face interview, you then go for the next part, the iPad thing. You basically get 3 questions from 'service users' and have to record your response. You are going to feel stupid doing it and what you say may not sound right but you just have to go with it. After that, you fill out a quick questionnaire then you're on your way. I know its hard but try not to be nervous, they are all lovely and have a chat with the admissions lady, if its Sue, she's really nice!
Good luck :]
By the way, they only have 51 places left for September everyone thats left has to wait to hear at the very latest by Easter and they will be offering places for the January start too. Don't let it put you off though, if you start in January, you're always guaranteed Christmas off!

how many were at your interview? I don't mind if I start in January, as long as I get into BCU, I will do anything!! How long did it take to hear back?
Reply 22
Original post by NancyHowell
how many were at your interview? I don't mind if I start in January, as long as I get into BCU, I will do anything!! How long did it take to hear back?

There are a maximum of 20 applicants at any interview. On my day apparently only 12 out of the invited 20 turned up and only 18 came in my session. I'm the same, I don't mind when I start as long as I get into BCU. I haven't heard back yet. They'll tell you on the day that you won't hear until shortly before Easter. As they only have 51 places left, they want to interview absolutely everyone left before they give out the last places and will also offer people January. They will also ask you to put your name down on a piece of paper if you would prefer the September start, I didn't bother. Its a really good day and everyone is really friendly, try and chat a bit to the admissions ladies, they're a good laugh!
Original post by Dadeo
There are a maximum of 20 applicants at any interview. On my day apparently only 12 out of the invited 20 turned up and only 18 came in my session. I'm the same, I don't mind when I start as long as I get into BCU. I haven't heard back yet. They'll tell you on the day that you won't hear until shortly before Easter. As they only have 51 places left, they want to interview absolutely everyone left before they give out the last places and will also offer people January. They will also ask you to put your name down on a piece of paper if you would prefer the September start, I didn't bother. Its a really good day and everyone is really friendly, try and chat a bit to the admissions ladies, they're a good laugh!

Ok,.. I'm so blummin nervous.. thinking of so many questions and answers. highlighting personal statement, 6 C's.. I soooooooo want BCU! Hope to see you there at the start of the course!- let me know if you got in!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending