The Student Room Group

What music festival for this summer?

Hellloo.
After my A Levels are finished this year i really want t go to a music festival with my friends in the summer. I went to two last year and i loved them so it would be great to go to some more. I live in the UK so preferably in england really, and not too expensive! Any ideas? thanks!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, It depends what music youre into but the lineup for Lovebox is frikin amazing. And its much cheaper compared to other festivals, so check it out :smile:
I'm planning to go myself if i can find someone but most people are away on holidays since it's the last year of school as well for us
Reply 2
I'm going to Secret Garden Party, it looks so cool. The music is pretty alternative but theres a massive lake and paint fights :biggrin:
Reply 3
I'm going to Kendal Calling, although the line-up isn't to everyone's taste.

Y Not Festival is pretty cheap, and the line-up seems alright.
Reply 4
Really depends on your music taste, if you give us some indication as to what you listen to we can probably answer your question better
Reply 5
Thank you everyone, i really like alternative music and folky stuff as well as more pop stuff (i'm not very good at genres) but i like most music so i'll look up all of those! :smile:)
Reply 6
I'm going to Latitude and Bestival.
Reply 7
Do Latitude tickets ever sell out?
Reply 8
Reading :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by CRW1996
Reading :biggrin:

Beat me to it :smile:

The lineup this year is amazing, too bad I'll have to settle with watching it on the TV.
Or hearing the faint sound of it outside. :frown:
Reply 10
Download festival.
Reply 11
If you can afford £100 each then Ultra is the best you can get. You get soo much for that amount but the muscis taste might not be what you want. Youtube Miami / Europe Ultra and you'll see what it's like.
Reply 12
Thank you. i'll look them all up! yayay
Reply 13
Reply 14
Original post by jeje198
Beat me to it :smile:

The lineup this year is amazing, too bad I'll have to settle with watching it on the TV.
Or hearing the faint sound of it outside. :frown:

I can't wait :P It's my first festival so I'm hoping it will live up to the hype. Have you ever been to Reading festival?
Reply 15
Original post by CRW1996
I can't wait :P It's my first festival so I'm hoping it will live up to the hype. Have you ever been to Reading festival?

Nope :ashamed2:
It's quite sad for me but I'm sure you'll enjoy it :^_^:
Reply 16
Original post by CRW1996

I went last year and all I can say is be prepared! The toilets in the beginning are atrocious, they scared me and during the night I would much prefer to pee in the bushes than step in one of them. Unfortunately some people had the idea of doing so during the day as well...

The camping is fun especially if you're in a large group and can steal people's food (I lost my wallet in the beginning and so had to ration myself to three alpen bars a day); but be careful not to forgot about the actual music. On the saturday I ended up seeing only two artists because we spent the rest of the time drinking and talking :frown:

And btw there are showers there, communal ones (same sex tho of course) which I really don't mind and only one or two girls got full on naked-I mean come on, it's not as if it's anything you haven't seen before.
Reply 17
Original post by MarianaK
I went last year and all I can say is be prepared! The toilets in the beginning are atrocious, they scared me and during the night I would much prefer to pee in the bushes than step in one of them. Unfortunately some people had the idea of doing so during the day as well...

The camping is fun especially if you're in a large group and can steal people's food (I lost my wallet in the beginning and so had to ration myself to three alpen bars a day); but be careful not to forgot about the actual music. On the saturday I ended up seeing only two artists because we spent the rest of the time drinking and talking :frown:

And btw there are showers there, communal ones (same sex tho of course) which I really don't mind and only one or two girls got full on naked-I mean come on, it's not as if it's anything you haven't seen before.

I'm going in a huge group so stealing peoples food won't be a problem :tongue:. I've heard about the toilets and will only go in one if I need a poo. Being a guy, peeing in the bushes won't bother me.

Thanks for the information :smile:.
Reading all the way! Isle of Wight looks absolutely insane, but its slap-bang in the middle of exams, so I'll have to give that a miss I'm afraid. If its your first festival, then my top tip for you is always to stay with someone, preferably someone who has a phone!
For Reading, make sure you get your butt to: Imagine Dragons, Arctic Monkeys, Drenge, DON BROCO, Blink-182 and YMAS.
Reply 19
Original post by CRW1996
I'm going in a huge group so stealing peoples food won't be a problem :tongue:. I've heard about the toilets and will only go in one if I need a poo. Being a guy, peeing in the bushes won't bother me.

Thanks for the information :smile:.

Let me know if you need any more information and I hope you have fun! I'm planning on going for the saturday I think; but I'm also heading to Croatia for a festival this year with camping but at least the weather will be nicer :smile: tans and beach parties rather than rain and mud

Quick Reply

Latest