The Student Room Group

Fine Art Applicants and Universities 2014!!

Scroll to see replies

Just phoned Slade and they said all the decisions have been made and sent to UCAS. So what's taking so long UCAS?!
Reply 421
Double post sorry
Reply 422
My ucl portico says my application is being processed, ugh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kasiapapi
My ucl portico says my application is being processed, ugh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine says the same. Useless!
Reply 424
Currently being processed by Admissions ...
Reply 425
Original post by sr211
i received an offer from the slade guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happpppppppy.... i honestly can't believe it :smile:
if u'r still unable to log onto ucas.track, try ucl's website...

goood luck for everyone :smile: xx

Congratulations! That's fantastic :smile: my advice will be of some use then!
Reply 426
I have just phoned up Slade and apparently UCAS doesn't have all the decisions yet. Though everyone should get them either today, or on the 31st. Sooo frustrating.
Reply 427
hi everyone, thanks a lot. yes i checked it on the ucl portal this morning. i'm applying for the BA course

fingers crossed for everyone who's still waiting- ucas was down for maintenance all yesterday so i'm assuming that's why the decisions have been delayed. GOOD LUCK xxx
Original post by Will01
I have just phoned up Slade and apparently UCAS doesn't have all the decisions yet. Though everyone should get them either today, or on the 31st. Sooo frustrating.

Great, now they're telling us different things. I still haven't heard today so Monday it is I guess. :frown:

Original post by sr211
hi everyone, thanks a lot. yes i checked it on the ucl portal this morning. i'm applying for the BA course

fingers crossed for everyone who's still waiting- ucas was down for maintenance all yesterday so i'm assuming that's why the decisions have been delayed. GOOD LUCK xxx

Did you get an e-mail notification from UCAS (but couldn't log on due to maintenance), so then checked the portal? Mine still says processing so I guess they haven't made a decision yet.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 429
Good luck everyone, must be very very frustrating! Everyone I know who has heard back applied for the BA course so don't worry too much if you applied for the BFA. Maybe they did it in several batches and the BFA ones somehow haven't processed yet due to UCAS being down. Fingers crossed!

Had the most gruelling, intense interview for goldsmiths today, was a very interesting experience though, especially given how ill I was.
Original post by Zoeah
Good luck everyone, must be very very frustrating! Everyone I know who has heard back applied for the BA course so don't worry too much if you applied for the BFA. Maybe they did it in several batches and the BFA ones somehow haven't processed yet due to UCAS being down. Fingers crossed!

Had the most gruelling, intense interview for goldsmiths today, was a very interesting experience though, especially given how ill I was.

Yeah, Goldsmiths was so weird! With me they were really quiet, at least at the beginning. They warmed up a bit by the end, haha.
All their questions did seem to revolve around how the work would be displayed.
Reply 431
Original post by HelveticaBold
Yeah, Goldsmiths was so weird! With me they were really quiet, at least at the beginning. They warmed up a bit by the end, haha.
All their questions did seem to revolve around how the work would be displayed.

That sounds so different to mine! They were really intensely focused how i work and how I felt it related to other artists etc. Lots of discussion regarding whether I was more interested in the process or the outcome of my artwork, and what I felt was more important to show. Very tough!
Original post by Zoeah
That sounds so different to mine! They were really intensely focused how i work and how I felt it related to other artists etc. Lots of discussion regarding whether I was more interested in the process or the outcome of my artwork, and what I felt was more important to show. Very tough!

Oh wow, that's the complete opposite of mine. I guess we had different people. I wasn't asked about other artists at all.
I don't think it necessarily means it went badly, but I'm not at all confident I'll get in. I'm not sure if my work really fits in there.
How many people do you know who have heard from Slade? (I'm still panicking,haha - I stopped at a Costa on the way back just to use their Wi-Fi to check my e-mails)
Reply 433
Oh wow, that's the complete opposite of mine. I guess we had different people. I wasn't asked about other artists at all.
I don't think it necessarily means it went badly, but I'm not at all confident I'll get in. I'm not sure if my work really fits in there.
How many people do you know who have heard from Slade? (I'm still panicking,haha - I stopped at a Costa on the way back just to use their Wi-Fi to check my e-mails)

I don't think my work would fit in there either. It seemed they were pretty aggressively anti-traditional art. Not that my work is traditional as such, but I can certainly appreciate a physical or painting-based approach.

One friend and one acquaintance, but I've scoured social media for others and found another, all BA I think! Don't panic, I'm sure it'll be fine!
Reply 434
Great, now they're telling us different things. I still haven't heard today so Monday it is I guess. :frown:

Did you get an e-mail notification from UCAS (but couldn't log on due to maintenance), so then checked the portal? Mine still says processing so I guess they haven't made a decision yet.

yes that's what i did. have u applied for the BFA or BA?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zoeah
I don't think my work would fit in there either. It seemed they were pretty aggressively anti-traditional art. Not that my work is traditional as such, but I can certainly appreciate a physical or painting-based approach.

One friend and one acquaintance, but I've scoured social media for others and found another, all BA I think! Don't panic, I'm sure it'll be fine!

I've been doing the same thing. I found someone for the BA on twitter. I'm really hoping something comes though tonight/tomorrow morning, or I'll have to wait all weekend.
I feel like my work is quite traditional (at least my paintings are), and I've heard a lot about Goldsmiths being anti-traditional, but this didn't come across in my interview. :/
Original post by sr211
yes that's why i did. have u applied for the BFA or BA?

I'm for BFA.
Reply 437
I think I have been rejected as I applied for the BA and haven't heard anything yet
Original post by AlPalm
I think I have been rejected as I applied for the BA and haven't heard anything yet ������������������

I think if you haven't heard it means they actually haven't made the decision yet. That's why the portal says the application is still processing. Don'y give up hope!
Reply 439
I'm for BFA.

i'll keep my fingers crossed for u :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest