The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA3/PSYA4 Psychology Revision Thread 10th/17th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by mightyfrog2_10
sorry i thought u said A* but for an A overall in A2 you need 139 to get an A so an average of 69.5 ums in both papers = 320 ums overall.

AS ums is out of 200 same with A2 = 400 ums overall.

so at A2 for an a I need 139 UMS
how much ums for an A at As?
Original post by tree123
so at A2 for an a I need 139 UMS
how much ums for an A at As?

yes, 160 for an A at AS. Basically you need an average of 80ums to get an A so far you have 90.5 which is good so you need to get 68.5 ums (let's round it up to 70 ums) - you need a B in both unit 3 and unit 4. But if you want an A* you need to get 90+ums in both papers. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 782
yes, 160 for an A at AS. Basically you needed an average of 80ums to get an A* so far you have 90.5 which is good so you need to get 68.5 ums (let's round it up to 70 ums) - you need a B in both unit 3 and unit 4. :smile:

oh so theres no principle to get an A at A2, I have to achieve 160 out of 200 Ums?

For example, in order to achieve an A* you have to get 180+ ums at AS AND a2?
Original post by tree123
oh so theres no principle to get an A at A2, I have to achieve 160 out of 200 Ums?

For example, in order to achieve an A* you have to get 180+ ums at AS AND a2?

noooooo your post is a bit confusing.
for an A you need an average of 80 ums overall, you have 90.5 average across AS so you need to get 69.5 in both unit 3 and 4 - basically you need to get B's (70 ums each) but for an A* you need to get 90+ums in unit 3 and 4.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 784
noooooo your post is a bit confusing.
for an A you need an average of 80 ums overall, you have 90.5 average across AS so you need to get 69.5 in both unit 3 and 4 - basically you need to get B's (70 ums each) but for an A* you need to get 90+ums in unit 3 and 4.

OK thanks!!!!
Original post by tree123
OK thanks!!!!

No problem so just to make sure you understand, how many marks do you need in both papers to get an A or an A*?
Reply 786
No problem so just to make sure you understand, how many marks do you need in both papers to get an A or an A*?

to get an A overall, at A2 I need 70 UMS in each exam so need to achieve a B
Original post by tree123
to get an A overall, at A2 I need 70 UMS in each exam so need to achieve a B

:yep: Good Luck! :smile:
Am I the only one who is really enjoying research methods? :colondollar:
Original post by OrlaCarmel
Am I the only one who is really enjoying research methods? :colondollar:

I don't like designing a study, qualitative analysis and features of science but the rest of the topic is nice.
I don't like designing a study, qualitative analysis and features of science but the rest of the topic is nice.

I find designing studies hard too, but I think it takes a while to get confident with actually doing it which is why it's best to just practice it. It's just a matter of getting comfortable with it ^.^
Reply 791
does anyone know if we can get asked about neural and hormonal explanations of aggression individually? E.g. a 24 on just neural explanations?
I find designing studies hard too, but I think it takes a while to get confident with actually doing it which is why it's best to just practice it. It's just a matter of getting comfortable with it ^.^

:yep: need loads of practice. I really don't like section B its boring.

Original post by tree123
does anyone know if we can get asked about neural and hormonal explanations of aggression individually? E.g. a 24 on just neural explanations?

According to the exam companion yes but some people here are saying that teachers have said there's not enough material on it, but there is :/
I think its best to prepare for a 24 marker on neural and a 24 marker on hormonal because they could come up.
(edited 10 years ago)
:yep: need loads of practice. I really don't like section B its boring.

I really enjoy research methods, it's weird
How am I able to work out what I nerd in my Unit 3 and 4 to work myself up from a high C to the low A or high B boundary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really enjoy research methods, it's weird

not really :h:

Original post by dooobie_
How am I able to work out what I nerd in my Unit 3 and 4 to work myself up from a high C to the low A or high B boundary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

work out the total ums you got for unit 1 and unit 2, to get a B you need 280 ums overall and to get an A you need 320 overall. So minus 280 by the amount of ums you've got to see how many marks you need for a B (and divide it by 2 to see how many ums you need for each paper - to have a rough idea of how many raw marks you need google 'AQA raw to ums conversion') and minus 320 by the number of marks you got to see how many you need for an A.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 796
Everything you need to know on schizophrenia
:smile:
Original post by katiekarnif

thank you so much :smile:
Reply 798
everything you need to know on relationships :smile:
Original post by katiekarnif

Just wanted to let you know that when you start talking about ECT you must write "ECT was largely abandoned as a treatment for Sz after the discovery of the antipsychotic drugs in the 1950s. In the UK, the use of ECT is not recommended by NICE except in very particular cases (mainly for catatonic Sz)." otherwise examiners will mark you down.
This is mentioned on this report: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PSYA4-WRE-JUN12.PDF (Question 1)

by the way here's the new psychology thread (most people are here): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2483666&page=48
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest