The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone been put on the waiting list?

Does anyone know if people who have been rejected already will be sent waiting list emails or are there more rejections to come that will be accompanied by waiting list emails?
Original post by ImaReject
Has anyone been put on the waiting list?

Does anyone know if people who have been rejected already will be sent waiting list emails or are there more rejections to come that will be accompanied by waiting list emails?

Not that anyone has mentioned about being put on the waiting list but few days ago some people who were rejected got an email from Barts saying that they had been rejected and some of them didn't receive that email. It could be either that those who didn't receive the email are the ones going to be on waiting list or may be its that they are yet to reject the waiting list people !!
Reply 3382
Original post by Bibzilla
OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yr13
Can't believe it! I thought for sure by now that I'd get rejected since they left it so late. And now thinking back to my interview, my answers really weren't all that great. I honestly didn't think I'd get Bart's. I was crazy for it at the time of my interview but that was when I thought I had no chance anywhere else. Now I have UCL too and I don't know what to do :frown:
Good luck to EVERYONE! Hope you all get offers! :biggrin:

Congrats! Are you international or home student?
Reply 3383
Original post by mun_96
Congrats! Are you international or home student?

Home! Live half an hour away
So excited!!! But now I just really want to make the right decision and not sure whether to choose UCL over Bart's :/
So excited!!! But now I just really want to make the right decision and not sure whether to choose UCL over Bart's :/

If you want a traditional old fashioned course choose UCL. If you want a modern course with PBL mixed with traditional teaching as well as patient contact from the offset choose Barts. Also everyone at Barts seemed much friendlier and down to Earth than at UCL, but this all my opinions and it's your decision so make sure you choose what will make you most happy :biggrin:

To add on to Jack_smith969's point, its a five year vs a six year course, so the advantage for Barts is that you can start training as a FY1 earlier, and be ahead by about a year as compared to peers in UCL(you have the choice to intercalate in Barts, whereas, in UCL, they force you to do so). Also, you earn one extra year of income and pay one year less of school fees, if money is a concern.
(edited 10 years ago)
You have the option of taking an extra year at barts though. its just not compulsory

and you dont pay less school fees (only less maintenance loan)
Reply 3387

TEAM BL!!! :smile: Hmm well if you're unsure, how about you go to the post-offer holders day, talk to students, ask your personal questions, get a sense of the place and make your decision after that. You really have nothing to lose :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3388
I am an international graduate applying to A100 and just received an offer from Barts.
I think Barts still have some offers to give. Wish you all good luck =]
Original post by h0901032
I am an international graduate applying to A100 and just received an offer from Barts.
I think Barts still have some offers to give. Wish you all good luck =]

'Just' as in today? What time did you receive the offer? Did you get an email?
Reply 3390
Original post by 1drowssap
To add on to Jack_smith969's point, its a five year vs a six year course, so the advantage for Barts is that you can start training as a FY1 earlier, and be ahead by about a year as compared to peers in UCL(you have the choice to intercalate in Barts, whereas, in UCL, they force you to do so). Also, you earn one extra year of income and pay one year less of school fees, if money is a concern.

Lol. We already loss two years on the girls of our same batch. What is one extra year. If ucl offered me I'll go for it since the whoa factor is bigger. Then again I do hope barts does well so when we graduate people will go whoa too. Rankings do matter, esp to internationals since we need to land housemanship and residencies next time
Ps if u havent done a degree and applied to any 5 year programme u will most likely end up doing the intercalated degree so it will be 6 ; although its always nice to have the option open - but most people do intercalate ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3392
Original post by Cephalosporin
Thank you C :smile: :smile:. Have you decided which one you are going to firm? Barts or King's?

Still undecided! How about you?!
Reply 3393
Are there any year 13's still waiting to hear?
Original post by mun_96
Are there any year 13's still waiting to hear?

Yep, me and 5 others at my sixth form.
Reply 3395
Original post by MedicOllie
Yep, me and 5 others at my sixth form.

It seems not many year 13 A- level takers who are home students have heard back yet. 3 people in my school have been rejected from Barts. I hope Barts has offers to give next week. I dont want to be on the waiting list lol
Good luck to the rest of you yr13's
(edited 10 years ago)
What effects do rankings actually have after graduating? Do they play a part when applying for FY posts or during registrar years?
Reply 3398
Does anyone know if (applying next year btw) i can include an AS level taken a year early in my ucas tariff? and do all the qualifications listed on the ucas tariff site get included by barts or do they have exemptions?
Reply 3399
Original post by em.d_4
Does anyone know if (applying next year btw) i can include an AS level taken a year early in my ucas tariff? and do all the qualifications listed on the ucas tariff site get included by barts or do they have exemptions?

From what I can remember for the ucas tariff, there are no exemptions and it doesn't matter when you got the points either. I used my FSMQ as part of my points and I did that in y11 :smile: good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending