The Student Room Group

Crushes on the wrong sexuality!

Okay, so if you've ever been a..
- Straight girl with a crush on a gay guy
- Straight guy with a crush on a gay girl
- Gay girl with a crush on a straight girl
Or
- Gay guy with a crush on a straight guy

What did you do? How did you deal with it? Did you distance yourself from this individual to stop the feelings intensifying or keep a friendship and wait for it to go away? Did you brave telling them? Did it ever go away?

OR And has anyone been at the other end of this? Ever had someone crush on you who's the opposite sex to whom you're attracted to? Did it flatter you or make you feel awkward around the person? Are you glad you found out or would you prefer just not to know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lesbians are HOT :biggrin: I normally tell them that I could give more pleasure, that she's missing out on something special, that I'm a girl on the inside or something like that :tongue:
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
Lesbians are HOT :biggrin: I normally tell them that I could give more pleasure, that she's missing out on something special, that I'm a girl on the inside or something like that :tongue:

I take it that doesn't usually work? :lol:
Reply 3
Chasing Amy \o/

BANKY
That's why I can't buy lesbians.
Everyone needs dick. See, I can buy
fags. Bunch of guys that need dick -
just plain need it? That I get.
Dykes? Bull**** posturing. But -
live and let live, I guess.

HOLDEN
I'm sure the gay community appreciates
your support.
Original post by shadowdweller
I take it that doesn't usually work? :lol:
Yeah. The success rate is about one in 5.... I like to pickup lesbians and throw them in the bisexual bin for the rest of their lives XD
I was a straight guy with a crush on a gay guy. We hooked up and then I became a bi guy.

Trying to generalise my experiences wouldn't be particularly illustrative of anything except my own biography. And, for the record, I've pursued straight women who might have well have been an incompatible sexuality for all the good it did me.
Original post by Lotus_Eater
I was a straight guy with a crush on a gay guy. We hooked up and then I became a bi guy.

hey! I'm in the same position as you! :tongue: And I'm an Aquarius too :biggrin: I have a few questions to ask you if you dont mind. Can I PM you?
Original post by Anonymous
hey! I'm in the same position as you! :tongue: And I'm an Aquarius too :biggrin: I have a few questions to ask you if you dont mind. Can I PM you?

Sure, please do. As long as you don't ask me anything that requires a knowledge of astrology!!
Reply 8
Original post by lanadelgay
What did you do? How did you deal with it? Did you distance yourself from this individual to stop the feelings intensifying or keep a friendship and wait for it to go away? Did you brave telling them? Did it ever go away?

OR And has anyone been at the other end of this? Ever had someone crush on you who's the opposite sex to whom you're attracted to? Did it flatter you or make you feel awkward around the person? Are you glad you found out or would you prefer just not to know?

I'm a gay guy and have only fancied one straight guy. Though he is a bit ambiguous - lots of people think he's gay when they meet him, and although I did know he was straight, I didn't really know him well at the time so wasn't sure; plus he had said some things that could suggest he isn't straight. He's now one of my best friends, and I realised that's just how he talks and behaves, and that he isn't gay.
How did I deal with it though? I dunno, I just sort of gave up on it, I figured it would ruin our friendship if I developed feelings for him, so I stopped myself. I don't remember how, haha.

I now like a straight guy, and have done so for a while, but I have known all the while that he is actually closeted, so it doesn't really count.

As for vice versa - yes, girls have had crushes on me. I'm glad I found out, as I felt nothing but flattery.
Reply 9

Your not a SuperDuperNoob at all
In all honesty, I think it's fairly inevitable that most people will fall for someone of the wrong sexuality, at some point in their lives.
I had a crush on a gay guy once and I had no idea he was gay for about two months! He was really flirty with me and I was confused about why it never went anywhere and then one day my friend told me that he was seeing one of our guy friends. After that the crush just disappeared because I knew there was no point anymore. I was 17 and quite resilient at that stage so I think I just found someone else to have a crush on instead.
Reply 12
After going through school being thrown at walls, kicked down stairs by even the most disgusting looking straight guys, whom claimed I 'fancied them' - I guess it helped them gain some form of self esteem to make up bull ****. It's majorly turned me off trusting straight guys and I genuinely refuse to even find straight guys attractive - although I secretly do if they're some kind of Adonis :P. But no, never really crushed on a straight guy. I've had a few straight guys (that I ended up trusting) tell me if they were gay they'd "do me" so I guess they crushed on me? hahah :s-smilie:.

Although its also ****ed me over with gay guys too because if there too masculine for me to realise their gay then I just give them no time of day and then ruin any chances of even getting out of the friend zone due to my attitude hahah - ohh the joys of childhood experiences..
I'm a straight guy, who had a crush on a girl who was a lesbian.

Personally I found that the crush just sort of evaporated as soon as I found out about her sexuality.
It was really fine because, I didn't take a hit to my confidence knowing that it wasn't just that I was too unattractive for her to like me, it was nothing personal. And also, it put a complete end to all thoughts about getting with her. It's not as though I could hope "well maybe one day I'll get her to like me". That was the end of that.
I recently came to accept that I'm gay, I'm male by the way. (There are people from my college on this forum, people who I wouldn't appreciate knowing at the moment, so that's why I'm posting anonymous). Despite this, I do have a crush on a red headed girl who gets the same bus as me in the morning, and the girl who I sit next to in mathematics. I'm not sexually attracted to them, I can't put my finger on what it is about them that I like, but there is something intrinsically attractive about them. The girl who I sit next to in maths has a boyfriend, oh man, he's just beautiful. I find myself momentarily falling in love with heterosexual guys, and girls, a lot of the time, I try not to stare though.
i've been pretty much in love with my best friend for years who is gay. He only came out recently so I didn't know when i first liked him. I told him, mostly because he told me there was a point when he had been questioning his sexuality that he'd thought he liked me. I don't want to risk telling him i still like him incase it makes the friendship awkward though :s-smilie:
Original post by Ebony19
Your not a SuperDuperNoob at all
lol, thanks! I normally get "living up to your name" from the other users XD
Yeah. The success rate is about one in 5.... I like to pickup lesbians and throw them in the bisexual bin for the rest of their lives XD

Such utter rubbish, gay girls wouldn't touch a douche like you

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest, it's not all that different to having a crush of someone with the same sexuality who just doesn't feel the same for you. You just have to move on, because you can't force people to change the way they feel.
Original post by lanadelgay
Okay, so if you've ever been a..
- Straight girl with a crush on a gay guy
- Straight guy with a crush on a gay girl
- Gay girl with a crush on a straight girl
Or
- Gay guy with a crush on a straight guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

i just deal with quietly hoping it goes away. i'm in pain :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending