The Student Room Group

Help required in selecting a university

Hello everyone I am from Pakistan. I need guidance in selecting a university for my Msc. I am interested in courses like marketing, Management, International Business management, HRM.

I am in my last semester of Bachelors and my current CGPA is 3.73 on a 4 point scale. IELTS expected score is plus 7. I cannot afford universities above 18000 pounds.

Please guide in terms of job prospects in UK or international, value, reputation worldwide and cost

Regards
Reply 1
nottingham trent university
Reply 2
Original post by gideon123
nottingham trent university

Dont you think University of Manchester, Lancaster, strathclyde, aston , leeds and cardiff are better options?
Reply 3
Original post by ali1992
Dont you think University of Manchester, Lancaster, strathclyde, aston , leeds and cardiff are better options?

Yes.

Astons a good one for that sort of thing.
Reply 4
Brunel and Royal Holloway are also very good options for Business related courses.
Reply 5
Original post by ali1992

I'd throw in Birmingham too.

I've done the MSc International Marketing at Strathclyde and can only recommend it though they've changed the structure slightly from when I did it.

Cardiff got a great Business School too, Marketing & Strategy's big there as well.

For Marketing, what you want to learn about is Customer Relationship Management (from developing a Customer Relationship Strategy to hands-on experience of Sales Force / other CRM systems) and analysing big data - neither of which was properly taught at Strathclyde at the time, not sure whether any marketing degree actually teaches this but this is what I'm now doing in my marketing job. There were a few other shortcomings at Strathclyde but none of the other marketing degrees I looked at would cover those either.

What was good at Strathclyde were the many team projects and the team building experience (I trust they still do those things).
Reply 6
Original post by c2uk
I'd throw in Birmingham too.

I've done the MSc International Marketing at Strathclyde and can only recommend it though they've changed the structure slightly from when I did it.

Cardiff got a great Business School too, Marketing & Strategy's big there as well.

For Marketing, what you want to learn about is Customer Relationship Management (from developing a Customer Relationship Strategy to hands-on experience of Sales Force / other CRM systems) and analysing big data - neither of which was properly taught at Strathclyde at the time, not sure whether any marketing degree actually teaches this but this is what I'm now doing in my marketing job. There were a few other shortcomings at Strathclyde but none of the other marketing degrees I looked at would cover those either.

What was good at Strathclyde were the many team projects and the team building experience (I trust they still do those things).

Thanku for the detailed reply..I have shotlisted Manchester, Lancaster, Aston, Strathclyde and Cardiff..Will be applying in the next week
Reply 7
how about leeds and newcastle? check it out! and update us with your application :smile:
Reply 8
Hogwart's University
Reply 9
Hi
i have finished my grad in bachelors in Management studies and want to persue masters in uk. i have offers from Manchester for Msc Marketing and MSC International Marketing Management from leeds having a difficult choice among these. could you help out for the same

Thanks in advance.
Reply 10
Congrats Bro... I will go for Manchester University as compared to leeds. Manchester's marketing program is top notch.

I am also applying for my masters in UK. can u share some tips regarding the application and the personal statement etc?

Original post by Kush016
Hi
i have finished my grad in bachelors in Management studies and want to persue masters in uk. i have offers from Manchester for Msc Marketing and MSC International Marketing Management from leeds having a difficult choice among these. could you help out for the same

Thanks in advance.
Reply 11
Original post by ali1992
Congrats Bro... I will go for Manchester University as compared to leeds. Manchester's marketing program is top notch.

I am also applying for my masters in UK. can u share some tips regarding the application and the personal statement etc?

Thanks for the help ali 1992. i went through some councillors for the application. let me know the specifics of the details you require will try and help :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Kush016
Thanks for the help ali 1992. i went through some councillors for the application. let me know the specifics of the details you require will try and help :smile:

Bro I am confused about my personal statement. I am so afraid from it that each day I write some bits but then I delete it. So could you guide me through this about how to deal with it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending