Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Original post by Student 1
Try the stalking page :smile:
Hi, there are only two people on the Stalking thread with offers for Liverpool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there are only two people on the Stalking thread with offers for Liverpool
I got an offer on Tuesday!! I'm a Northern Irish applicant!
Reply 1542
How much longer do we have to wait??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sm2014
How much longer do we have to wait??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you an international or home student?
Reply 1544
Original post by mubashir9995
Are you an international or home student?

International

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just be patient. They said by the 31st and the last time I checked, it's still before that. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bagelthins
Just be patient. They said by the 31st and the last time I checked, it's still before that. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So we should wait until 31st then we only know our fate?
cannot wait any longer. :frown:
Reply 1547
Is there an accomodation thread anywhere? I have no idea where to choose.
Original post by Alwalid189
So we should wait until 31st then we only know our fate?
cannot wait any longer. :frown:

You know there's a possibility of receiving an offer on the 31st too, right? There's literally no need to stress. The decisions have already been made and they're just going through the update process. Worrying won't change anything at this point. :smile: If you really think you can't wait anymore then the option to withdraw is always there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1549
Original post by hopeful doc
How come you don't like the large intake? if you're worried about the attention that you'll be given individually I'm sure theyll have a high ratio of students:tutors. :smile:

IM just hesitate about feedback and not becoming another face in the crowd if not i love the environment and the medical school has a great atmosphere
Reply 1550
Original post by deed1224
IM just hesitate about feedback and not becoming another face in the crowd if not i love the environment and the medical school has a great atmosphere

Liverpool has a large intake because it has the ability to cope with the increased numbers; the presence of 4 relatively large hospitals in and around Liverpool plus Blackpool and Chester allows for the accommodation of all students.

As such, the ratio of students:tutors is not indifferent to most other medical schools. And if anything, you have more choice between hospitals and get to experience different clinical environments. I've not even started talking about Alder Hey and the Walton Centre which speak for themselves as renowned institutions.

Now I am by no means trying to sell Liverpool. There are unknowns and negatives; namely the structure of the new course and the lack of dissection. The key is that every individual looks at something from the university they firm.

For some this will be cost where as for other it may be location or the size and vibrancy of the city. Others will only want to learn medicine in a traditional university or go where they have family/friends. You need to make a list of factors you consider important and then decide which of your offers best suits most of those.
Reply 1551
Is it a possibility that those who are still waiting will receive a response after March 31st?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sm2014
Is it a possibility that those who are still waiting will receive a response after March 31st?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha no idea what they promised but I wouldn't say it's impossible. Sometimes schools get swamped and there's nothing you can do. :frown: Either way, it'll only be a few days after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1553
Hey guys,

congratulations to all of you guys with offers! And I'm sorry to those without, I had 4 pre-interview rejections last year!

anyway I needed help as I have offers at both liverpool and keele but have noooo idea which to firm as I love them both!

any advice?!
Reply 1554
Original post by Blob30
Hey guys,

congratulations to all of you guys with offers! And I'm sorry to those without, I had 4 pre-interview rejections last year!

anyway I needed help as I have offers at both liverpool and keele but have noooo idea which to firm as I love them both!

any advice?!

IM in exactly the same position
Reply 1555
Original post by deed1224
IM in exactly the same position

the facilities at keele are really good that's the thing! i am glad somebody else is in a similar predicament!
Reply 1556
Original post by Blob30
Hey guys,

any advice?!

I would suggest making a list of pros and cons for both universities, and thinking about which of these pros/cons are more significant to you.
Reply 1557
Original post by Blob30
Hey guys,

any advice?!

I'm in exactly the same position!
Reply 1558
Original post by GR3456
I'm in exactly the same position!

What's your gut feeling?
Reply 1559
Original post by Blob30
What's your gut feeling?

Im feeling Keele, always said I'd go there and went to the visit day today and loved it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending