The Student Room Group

how can i develop my country?

as a 16 year old student ,i`ve been to so many countries around the world and see some amazing buildings and so on.if they weren't any civil war happening in Somalia,am sure it would've been better than this present Somalia.now the the war is ended(i think)and so far its improving.so i was thinking of becoming an architect or civil engineering to be evolved.do you you think its a good idea to be those following jobs or to do something else.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They are good careers to go into in general but don't kid yourself into thinking you will make any difference in Somalia, simply building things won't work it's the culture, the corruption, the violence, the extreme poverty that's the problem you won't get many people paying you to design buildings over there and you won't get anyone to pay for the construction costs.

You can't change things in Somalia on a big scale, you could do little things i.e become a doctor or a teacher and help that way helping individuals and small groups of people but not the country as a whole.
Reply 2
Only Somaliland has a glimer of hope, if it gets independence. The main area of Somalia has no chance of improving until Al Shabaab are exterminated and a proper government is created.
(edited 10 years ago)
Convince people to turn away from Islam would be instrumental
Reply 4
Original post by Green Marble
Convince people to turn away from Islam would be instrumental

Yeaaaahhhhno. Islam isn't the problem. Religious fanaticism is a part of the problem. But that religious fanaticism is a problem in whatever religion it espouses - including Christianity.
Reply 5
Islam is t to blame, it's religious nutters using the name of Islam that are trying to drag the country back to the Stone Age.
Original post by gladders
Yeaaaahhhhno. Islam isn't the problem. Religious fanaticism is a part of the problem. But that religious fanaticism is a problem in whatever religion it espouses - including Christianity.

No Islam IS the problem. Do not DARE try and tell me that Islam does not state that woman should be stoned, homosexuals etc

islam is the problem don't give me this "oh it just a minority of religious nutters" rubbish
Reply 7
No Islam IS the problem. Do not DARE try and tell me that Islam does not state that woman should be stoned, homosexuals etc

islam is the problem don't give me this "oh it just a minority of religious nutters" rubbish

You ever been to Dubai? Don't see many woman getting stoned in the street there, nor in Qatar, Kuwait, etc etc.

Even Saudi doesn't stone people as a form of punishment. the only places you see that happening are lawless broken countries such as Syria where Islamic militant nutters have moved in to try and create a stranglehold of a country.
Original post by Gillybop
You ever been to Dubai? Don't see many woman getting stoned in the street there, nor in Qatar, Kuwait, etc etc.

Even Saudi doesn't stone people as a form of punishment. the only places you see that happening are lawless broken countries such as Syria where Islamic militant nutters have moved in to try and create a stranglehold of a country.

Yes I have been to Dubai and it is a brutal Islamic hard line country what your point ?
Reply 9

And what does the Bible say, genius?

Yes it is. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Fill in the blanks: "Islamic extremist is to Islamic as __________ is to Christianity."
Reply 10
Yes I have been to Dubai and it is a brutal Islamic hard line country what your point ?

Why you visiting such brutal regimes?
And what does the Bible say, genius?

Yes it is. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Fill in the blanks: "Islamic extremist is to Islamic as __________ is to Christianity."

All religion is evil however your statement is completely one dimensional. All societies are better off without religion. The west became more advanced the less the church had a grip on our society. Irrespective of this muslims are simply not as progressive as Christians today so your statement is miserably flawed GENIUS
Why you visiting such brutal regimes?

I work in the oilfield. I have worked around the world and I did not visit Dubai out of choice
Reply 13
I work in the oilfield. I have worked around the world and I did not visit Dubai out of choice

Working in oil and gas really isn't a great trade for an islamaphobe lol. Jeez you could probably get stoned for your posts on here alone.

Just out of curiosity, in what capacity are you employed in the industry?
Working in oil and gas really isn't a great trade for an islamaphobe lol. Jeez you could probably get stoned for your posts on here alone.

Just out of curiosity, in what capacity are you employed in the industry?

I work on snubbing units across the world. And islamaphobe is a moronic word I do not recognise, there is nothing irrational about fearing Islam
Reply 15
All religion is evil however your statement is completely one dimensional. All societies are better off without religion. The west became more advanced the less the church had a grip on our society. Irrespective of this muslims are simply not as progressive as Christians today so your statement is miserably flawed GENIUS

You need to read some history. The fact that we even know of people like Herodotus, Socrates and Pythagoras is because church scholars read, adopted and retained their ideas and works. All, or nearly all as to make little difference, of medieval science was achieved under the sponsorship of the Church. The Middle East was a golden land of knowledge and discovery and humanist science in the Middle Ages while being quite fervently Islamic.

This notion that science and religion are incompatible is very much something that's been produced in the last thirty years or so. Its basis on historical truth is very tenuous at best.

And I speak as an atheist.
You need to read some history. The fact that we even know of people like Herodotus, Socrates and Pythagoras is because church scholars read, adopted and retained their ideas and works. All, or nearly all as to make little difference, of medieval science was achieved under the sponsorship of the Church. The Middle East was a golden land of knowledge and discovery and humanist science in the Middle Ages while being quite fervently Islamic.

This notion that science and religion are incompatible is very much something that's been produced in the last thirty years or so. Its basis on historical truth is very tenuous at best.

And I speak as an atheist.

Thank you for you irreverent and patronising post
Reply 17
Thank you for you irreverent and patronising post

Mine was patronising? Considerably less so than yours, mate! Either back up your bizarre assertions or give up.
Reply 18
I work on snubbing units across the world. And islamaphobe is a moronic word I do not recognise, there is nothing irrational about fearing Islam

Excellent, I'm aiming for wellsite Geologist myself after uni. Yeah, I must admit, I wouldn't fancy working in many places where oil is abundant......especially Nigeria.
Excellent, I'm aiming for wellsite Geologist myself after uni. Yeah, I must admit, I wouldn't fancy working in many places where oil is abundant......especially Nigeria.

Geologists are found everywhere in the oilfield and they earn good money. Nigeria is an exceptionally dangerous country to work in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending