The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zahra244
Unconditional!!! Can't believe it, looks like this gap year was actually worth it :smile: good luck to those still to hear back!

Well done! That's great news I'm glad your gap year paid off. I've firmed Sheffield too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seems like the unconditional offers are coming through first for people already holding the required grades? Hopefully the rest of us will hear soon!
Reply 182
Original post by zahra244
Unconditional!!! Can't believe it, looks like this gap year was actually worth it :smile: good luck to those still to hear back!

congrats zahra24!!! I am planning to take a gap year and reapply to dentistry next year, so i was just wondering what kind of things you done in terms of work experience and volunteering etc to add to your personal statement.Is there any advice you can give me in terms of reapplying again to dentistry. also what were your stats like if you don't mind me asking. Thanks
Reply 183
Original post by professorsully
Well done! That's great news I'm glad your gap year paid off. I've firmed Sheffield too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yaaaay!! I'll see you in September then I guess hehe :biggrin:
Anyone else hear anything..no rejections or offers seems to have been given out past 2 days..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 185
Original post by shahab2000
Anyone else hear anything..no rejections or offers seems to have been given out past 2 days..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope nothing:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shahab2000

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I've seen I think they've only given out a few unconditional offers so far. I think the majority of offers are yet to be given (the conditional offers).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Come on guys hope your offers come soon! Waiting for you to join the team :wink:
I've not heard anything from Sheffield yet. I'm so so worried :/ Does anyone know when we will definitely know by? This wait is literally killing me, I can't focus on my studies.
Well done! I'm ever so happy for you! :biggrin:
Original post by professorsully
Unconditional offer from Sheffield about twenty minutes ago. Can't believe I've finally got in. Really happy especially with this being my first choice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 190
Original post by Greg Robertson
Seems like the unconditional offers are coming through first for people already holding the required grades? Hopefully the rest of us will hear soon!

Yeah hopefully! Really want to know now! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heens
Yeah hopefully! Really want to know now! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me too! I've had my other 3 decisions so its a bit annoying waiting, seems to be taking forever!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
Yeah me too! I've had my other 3 decisions so its a bit annoying waiting, seems to be taking forever!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still waiting on two post interview.. other two were pre-interview rejections.. but I only need one so it's okay! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193
Hi guys, I'm new to the student room! Just wanted to suggest you all checked your track. My offer for Sheffield (conditional - I'm doing A2) came through on Friday about 6pm but I never got an e-mail! Good luck :smile:
Reply 194
I'm still waiting to hear from Sheffield, but I presume that they will today/tomorrow or they won't be following ucas deadlines :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tillsy
I'm still waiting to hear from Sheffield, but I presume that they will today/tomorrow or they won't be following ucas deadlines :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought they have until the 8th of may to reply at the latest? Would be nice to hear tomorrow though. I know they mentioned in the interview they were aiming to let people know by the end of march.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196
See below :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 197
Original post by Tillsy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought they have until the 8th of may to reply at the latest? Would be nice to hear tomorrow though. I know they mentioned in the interview they were aiming to let people know by the end of march.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah UCAS deadline is 8th May, end of March/beginning of April is just what the individual uni's have said :smile: but tbh I really don't want to be waiting until 8th May, that'd put so much more pressure on, being so close to exams! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 198

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unis have to reply by 31st if march so that we will reply to them by 8th of May. If we hear after the 31st we have until June to reply so I thought it seemed logical they'd want us to reply sooner rather than later

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 199
Original post by Tillsy
Unis have to reply by 31st if march so that we will reply to them by 8th of May. If we hear after the 31st we have until June to reply so I thought it seemed logical they'd want us to reply sooner rather than later

Posted from TSR Mobile

As shown in the screenshot from my ucas track below; they have until 8th May to respond to us mate, sorry to burst your bubble...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest