The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Original post by GR3456
Im feeling Keele, always said I'd go there and went to the visit day today and loved it

Yes I also loved keele when I went but I'm unsure as to whether that was cause I had an offer there only when I visited! Have you visited Liverpool medschool?
Hi guys I was just wondering whether there's actually going to be a visit day for offer holders or do we just arrange a day and go and visit once we have got our offer ? I want to see Liverpool ASAP and decide on accommodation!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SimpsP
You know i'm wondering the exact same thing and I have no idea

I e-mailed and if Liverpool's your insurance, it turns out you do :colondollar: not sure about other unis though. You'll have to check...hope this helps :smile:
Firmed. Do details about the DBS check/health assessment get sent to us soon? Or do we need to organise these ourselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aishaahmed96
Hi guys I was just wondering whether there's actually going to be a visit day for offer holders or do we just arrange a day and go and visit once we have got our offer ? I want to see Liverpool ASAP and decide on accommodation!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There isn't an offer holder day unfortunately :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blob30
Hey guys,

congratulations to all of you guys with offers! And I'm sorry to those without, I had 4 pre-interview rejections last year!

anyway I needed help as I have offers at both liverpool and keele but have noooo idea which to firm as I love them both!

any advice?!

Off the topic here, but could I know what you did in your gap year as a reapplication, as I got a rejection from Liverpool and that's 4 rejections in total.
Reply 1566
Is anyone still waiting on a response from Liverpool?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Student 1
There isn't an offer holder day unfortunately :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a shame would have been nice to meet some of the other offer holders but oh well I guess ill go and have a look around myself next week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1568
Original post by aishaahmed96
That's a shame would have been nice to meet some of the other offer holders but oh well I guess ill go and have a look around myself next week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rang up Liverpool med school inquiring about one, and apparantly in may there's something like that but you have to pay £35 or something.. If that helps? :smile:
Original post by Blob30
I rang up Liverpool med school inquiring about one, and apparantly in may there's something like that but you have to pay £35 or something.. If that helps? :smile:

Is that just to see the university? it seems a bit ridiculous to charge 35 pounds and Don't we have to get our accommodation sorted before then so all the places aren't taken up :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
im so confused on which accommodation to choose:confused:
Same! I am really torn between carnatic student village or crown place! where are you thinking of?
Reply 1572
Original post by GR3456
I'm in exactly the same position!

Me too!! I'm really unsure but I'm leaning towards Liverpool I think. Keele was very homely and I think would be easy to fit straight in, but Liverpool as a city is great so I think it is the sort of place I'd stay in for training after
Original post by zacmedic123
Same! I am really torn between carnatic student village or crown place! where are you thinking of?

Me too ! So many options.. though I am leaning towards Crown place/vine court as they're newer. But really, I'd just like to make sure I'm near other med students
Reply 1574
Original post by chuckynoriss
Off the topic here, but could I know what you did in your gap year as a reapplication, as I got a rejection from Liverpool and that's 4 rejections in total.

Hey sure,

first thing to say is definitely put all your effort in to getting your grades, and try not to let it get too much to you!

other than that on my gap year:
- i went to tanzania with gap medics
- worked as a healthcare assistant
- completed a phlebotomy course
- completed level 1 sign language course
- worked as a sales advisor
- done more work experience
- volunteered as a receptionist in my local hospice
- volunteered at my local hospital

i think thats most of it!
Original post by Student 1
Me too ! So many options.. though I am leaning towards Crown place/vine court as they're newer. But really, I'd just like to make sure I'm near other med students

Id go to crown place if I was you! I have a feeling its going to be medic central this year considering its 60 seconds walk away from the Harold Cohen and Cedar House.
Do details about the DBS check/health assessment get sent to us soon? Or do we need to organise these ourselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for Crown place singled bed as my first choice, Crown place double bed as my second choice and Rankin Hall in Carnatic for my third choice!:smile: I really want to get crown though!
Reply 1578
Anyone still waiting? ...
Original post by madgene
Anyone still waiting? ...

Here! :smile: I'm an international applicant btw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending