The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cubanqueen
U too lazylizzo x

Thank you :smile:
I'm waiting to hear back from canterbury too :frown: hate this waiting game it's my first choice so I'm really nervous :frown: good luck to everyone :smile:x
Original post by Hollielikestea
I'm waiting to hear back from canterbury too :frown: hate this waiting game it's my first choice so I'm really nervous :frown: good luck to everyone :smile:x

Aww your be fine. Its my first choice too. This is my third year of trying so I hope I get in. Got everything crossed :smile: x
Original post by lazylizzo
Aww your be fine. Its my first choice too. This is my third year of trying so I hope I get in. Got everything crossed :smile: x

Best of luck to you :smile: I'm sure youl do well :smile:have you applied to canterbury before? X
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sarahm92
No worries :smile: hope you hear soon! I've heard Cardiff are very competitive too, the head of my college course said it's a big achievement just to get an interview! Where is your first choice?

Congrats on the uea offer :smile: I've got no offers yet, was rejected from Plymouth, Bournemouth and Southampton without an interview and rejected from Cardiff after interview... Just got UWE interview left in a few weeks! I've already accepted I may be going through extra and clearing and Coventry is one I'm considering :smile:

Did you only apply to 4 uni's?

Thank you:smile: My first choice is actually Cardiff but I also loved it in UEA so I'd love to go there if I didn't get an offer at Cardiff!
Sorry to hear that your other uni's didn't work out, I'm sure you'll do really well in ur next interview. Best of luck with it anyway!

I applied to five-UEA, Cardiff,Southampton,Coventry and the Queen Margaret Uni. I didn't get called for an interview at QMU!

Good luck with your interview, let me know how it goes:-)x
Has anyone interviewed for Bristol UWE or Bournemouth? i have an interview for both, the first one being this Wednesday!..... any advice would be amazing :biggrin: JENNA x
Original post by sarahm92
Oh I knew it was going to be competitive! My first choice was Plymouth, followed by Cardiff, then UWE (which is where my interview is next month) then Bournemouth and Southampton.

I found the group discussion really hard to contribute to as there was 10 of us all trying to say something. I must have contributed 10 words maybe?! And my feedback following rejection was that I didn't show good enough communication skills so assuming that's due to my lack of contribution to this group discussion. I'm worried my UWE group discussion will go in a similar way!

Where have you applied to?

Have you had your UWE interview yet?
I received an unconditional offer for Cardiff, and thank you for saying that's it competitive and quite hard to get into that's made me feel a lot better! Group discussion, honestly think outside the box think and research different ways in which the woman can live independently ( if it is the same scenario I had ) demonstrate your communication skills such as: body language and don't talk over somebody else. And ask loads of questions in your 1-2-1. I can't wait to start in September. Good luck cx
Original post by Courtneybrown
I received an unconditional offer for Cardiff, and thank you for saying that's it competitive and quite hard to get into that's made me feel a lot better! Group discussion, honestly think outside the box think and research different ways in which the woman can live independently ( if it is the same scenario I had ) demonstrate your communication skills such as: body language and don't talk over somebody else. And ask loads of questions in your 1-2-1. I can't wait to start in September. Good luck cx

When was your interview and when did they offer you a place?
I'm still impatiently waiting since feb 5:frown: loosing hope!!
Original post by 110Dotdotdot1234
When was your interview and when did they offer you a place?
I'm still impatiently waiting since feb 5:frown: loosing hope!!

I know they only offer 47 places. I received an unconditional offer on 21st March and my interview was on the 5th March. You can always ring and chase them up?
I know they only offer 47 places. I received an unconditional offer on 21st March and my interview was on the 5th March. You can always ring and chase them up?

Right, I have no chance then!:frown: I have and they said that the person in charge was sick for 2 weeks but I should hear back soon but I think they are just waiting till may to decline me which is just very inconsiderate!-.-

Why is it unconditional btw? Are you on a gap year?
yeah unfortunately, i was forced to take one. But, i 100% glad that i did really has helped me. If you are forced spend that year doing amazing things that will help you to get in next year :smile:.
yeah unfortunately, i was forced to take one. But, i 100% glad that i did really has helped me. If you are forced spend that year doing amazing things that will help you to get in next year :smile:.

Sorry, I think I've already asked you the same question. Whoops. Haha

How did you spend your GAp year? You travelling?:smile:
I received an unsuccessful e-mail from CCCU today - extremely disappointed! :frown: Not sure where to go from here, does anyone have any advice for how to improve/better myself to apply next year? Thanks, hope you've all had better luck! :smile: x
Has anyone heard from CCCU yet. Im running out of nails to bite :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Everyonesmiiile
I received an unsuccessful e-mail from CCCU today - extremely disappointed! :frown: Not sure where to go from here, does anyone have any advice for how to improve/better myself to apply next year? Thanks, hope you've all had better luck! :smile: x

Hey im sorry to hear that. Im still waiting to find out. All I can recommend is experience and keeping up to date with current news and just waffle through the interview. Or you never know there maybe places in clearing. Chin up, the only way is up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I recieved an unsuccessful too absolutly devastated. Did you find out why I didn't :frown:?
Original post by lazylizzo
Hey im sorry to hear that. Im still waiting to find out. All I can recommend is experience and keeping up to date with current news and just waffle through the interview. Or you never know there maybe places in clearing. Chin up, the only way is up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. I just can't quite put my finger on where I went wrong. Perhaps nerves just got the better of me. Such a shame. I'm not sure I could apply through clearing, if I've been rejected, can I?!
I would imagine that your successful if you've still not heard anything!! I hope so. And you can start growing those nails back, hehe :smile: x
Original post by Hollielikestea
I recieved an unsuccessful too absolutly devastated. Did you find out why I didn't :frown:?

So sorry to hear that. You're feeling like me today then! :frown: I also didn't receive any feedback. What background do you come from, if you don't mind me asking? At the interview they said that 1 in 5 people get in, and I thought I was prepared for failure…but I'm definitely not! Gutted.

Quick Reply

Latest