The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Sociology Beliefs in society, June 2014

I don't think there is a thread for this, well i cant find it anyway.

Does anyone have any revision tips for this unit as i'm kind of struggling and my teacher just wants to rush through it so we can complete it :frown: help please?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Umarahh
I don't think there is a thread for this, well i cant find it anyway.

Does anyone have any revision tips for this unit as i'm kind of struggling and my teacher just wants to rush through it so we can complete it :frown: help please?

I'm alright with this unit but the theory and methods unit scares me :eek:
Reply 2
Original post by Jerry
I'm alright with this unit but the theory and methods unit scares me :eek:

My teacher hasnt properly gone over beliefs.. Do you have any idea what might come up? :/
Reply 3
Original post by Umarahh
My teacher hasnt properly gone over beliefs.. Do you have any idea what might come up? :/

i know teachers are so bad nowadays mines no good either you just have to try and teach yourself have you been on the get revising website? it has good resources on there.... i don't have an idea as of yet but i'll have to go through the past papers and then maybe predict what could come up
Reply 4
Original post by Jerry
i know teachers are so bad nowadays mines no good either you just have to try and teach yourself have you been on the get revising website? it has good resources on there.... i don't have an idea as of yet but i'll have to go through the past papers and then maybe predict what could come up

Nope never been on there, but i'll check it out, thanks :smile: i'm just hoping the exam is on something straightforward because some of the topics are confusing as fudge :/
Reply 5
Original post by Umarahh
Nope never been on there, but i'll check it out, thanks :smile: i'm just hoping the exam is on something straightforward because some of the topics are confusing as fudge :/

yuk hate this unit

hows revision....have you started revising?!?
Reply 6
Original post by xxvine
yuk hate this unit

hows revision....have you started revising?!?

I dont even know half of the topics so i cant :/ my teacher hasnt finished the last two topics. :|
Reply 7
Original post by Umarahh
I dont even know half of the topics so i cant :/ my teacher hasnt finished the last two topics. :|

i hate this topic sooo much:frown:

to much to learn and less than 2 months 2 go:frown:
Reply 8
Original post by xxvine
i hate this topic sooo much:frown:

to much to learn and less than 2 months 2 go:frown:

Samee :frown: its stressing me out, the more i try to learn it, the more i find it hard to understand :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Original post by Umarahh

NP. i know sociology is damn stressful !! :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by Umarahh
Samee :frown: its stressing me out, the more i try to learn it, the more i find it hard to understand :s-smilie:

Hi, how is your sociology revision going...? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Jerry
Hi, how is your sociology revision going...? :smile:

I've been revising just a little bit for the exam since I have other exams before it.. But looking at the past papers, some of the questions don't even make sense. My teacher is still behind with all the topics, meaning we're not gonna have much time to revise! -.- how about you?
Reply 12
Ugh what do you think will come up?
Reply 13
Original post by SanyaJb

Reaaaally hoping it isn't Ideology and Science, i know absolutely nothing! Sects has came up twice, so has New Age.. I dont see a pattern, its all mixed :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by Umarahh
Reaaaally hoping it isn't Ideology and Science, i know absolutely nothing! Sects has came up twice, so has New Age.. I dont see a pattern, its all mixed :frown:

i think that came up in jan 13
Reply 15
Original post by xxvine
i think that came up in jan 13

They seem to be repeating some questions though
Reply 16
Original post by Umarahh
I've been revising just a little bit for the exam since I have other exams before it.. But looking at the past papers, some of the questions don't even make sense. My teacher is still behind with all the topics, meaning we're not gonna have much time to revise! -.- how about you?

Same we're still studying the Theory and Methods exams are coming up and we haven't even finished covering all the topics... :eek: I just hope i get a good grade to get into uni!!!! :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by SanyaJb

I'm not quite sure a question came up in 2010 or 11 i think about Religion and science and i don't think it came up again in the other years so maybe this will come up...? I haven't a clue as to how i would answer this ! :eek: :confused: :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Original post by Umarahh

Oh dear, I was trying to do ideology and science question today, I really don't know how to answer it :frown:

I also hate Post Modernism :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by Jerry
I'm not quite sure a question came up in 2010 or 11 i think about Religion and science and i don't think it came up again in the other years so maybe this will come up...? I haven't a clue as to how i would answer this ! :eek: :confused: :s-smilie:

No I absolutely hate science and religion :frown:
But I have a feeling that will come up or social action theories
My sociology teacher is awful our notes are like so simplistic and she spends a whole lesson wasting time :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending