The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by muf_mur
it will get you in the mood to study..the rest will just fall in place
i was in the same situation as you...kept on procrastinating and had no idea how to go about revision..after i watched this videos i became serious..you'll get plenty of good revision techniques if you google it

Ok, Thank you very much i will look at them. Should i do it everytime before I study?
Reply 941
Original post by Dylank
Ok, Thank you very much i will look at them. Should i do it everytime before I study?

not necessarily
i just watch them whenever i lose motivation
Reply 942
i have 10 exams but 4 of them are economics as and a2 which i will get U's in which doenst matter for my offer. so only 6. fp2 fp3 s2 m3 and 2 physics exams. tbh i say i revise i just put on music and read. nothing goes in. i think though that soon i'll hit panic mode. its more that i do as much as i can without my brain overheating. but i'd say thats roughly 5-6 hours a day. for anyone doing c1-c4, you shouldnt panic. look for patterns. i did them last year and got 100's. a* in single maths. theres always one question from eachc chapter. so try to recognise which chapter. also learn integration a lot for c4. :smile:
Reply 943
Original post by muf_mur
not necessarily
i just watch them whenever i lose motivation

Thank you so much! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by cem101
i have 10 exams but 4 of them are economics as and a2 which i will get U's in which doenst matter for my offer. so only 6. fp2 fp3 s2 m3 and 2 physics exams. tbh i say i revise i just put on music and read. nothing goes in. i think though that soon i'll hit panic mode. its more that i do as much as i can without my brain overheating. but i'd say thats roughly 5-6 hours a day. for anyone doing c1-c4, you shouldnt panic. look for patterns. i did them last year and got 100's. a* in single maths. theres always one question from eachc chapter. so try to recognise which chapter. also learn integration a lot for c4. :smile:

How do you revise cores? Im doing c2 c3 and c4. Help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 945
2/3 hours a night would be PERFECT!
Reply 946
Original post by prettyugly
How do you revise cores? Im doing c2 c3 and c4. Help

Posted from TSR Mobile

tbh maths is a stragne subject. if it doesnt click, you're gonna have to work hard to get an A*. I believe im good so it wasnt that hard (compared to physics :smile: ). but you should just look at past papers. so for c4 you knwo that partial fractions will come up, you know certain things have to. if you just look through all sections in the chapter and see what they can throw at you, the only thing that changes is the numbers. so instead of x+1 it might be x+2 but you just adapt. as long as you can do the x+1 one then the x+2 should be a piece of cake. good luck.
How do you guys find the time/motivation/energy/willpower to do 6+ hours a day?! I get home from sixth form at 4, then do homework till 6, eat, start homework again at 7 then by the time I'm done it's half 8 and I can't bring myself to revise!
Original post by k_slatch
How do you guys find the time/motivation/energy/willpower to do 6+ hours a day?! I get home from sixth form at 4, then do homework till 6, eat, start homework again at 7 then by the time I'm done it's half 8 and I can't bring myself to revise!

I do as much homework as I can in school. So when I get home I can revise. I also stick to a timetable with breaks. Going for a walk really helps and talking to those who are also going to the same uni as you. It motivates me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kendellex
I do as much homework as I can in school. So when I get home I can revise. I also stick to a timetable with breaks. Going for a walk really helps and talking to those who are also going to the same uni as you. It motivates me

Posted from TSR Mobile

can't do homework at sixth form since I have no frees :frown: really struggling to fit in past papers etc, especially with the recent ISA prep
Got bio ISA test tomorrow and I'm in TSR procrastinating
:facepalm2:
Original post by k_slatch
can't do homework at sixth form since I have no frees :frown: really struggling to fit in past papers etc, especially with the recent ISA prep

Awh :frown: I usually work over lunch aha! Good luck in your ISA! I don't actually know what that is aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've downloaded MySQA app for iPhone which builds a sort of study plan for you! Have a look at the pic
I'm not sure how useful it is as I only started today but it sort of gave me a push and I did 4 hours and no sleeping like I normally would lol ImageUploadedByStudent Room1396303041.774186.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AliceCaroline
I've downloaded MySQA app for iPhone which builds a sort of study plan for you! Have a look at the pic
I'm not sure how useful it is as I only started today but it sort of gave me a push and I did 4 hours and no sleeping like I normally would lol ImageUploadedByStudent Room1396303041.774186.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got one. How should i stick to it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Around 8-10.
Original post by prettyugly
I've got one. How should i stick to it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just STICK TO IT!
Lol get a few snacks , make sure you're comfortable (tv OFF!) and set an alarm on your phone for half an hour ! It's not that long a period for study ! So go over a topic you struggle with then when your alarm goes off take a break. Then come back to it and do another half hour maybe write out some model answers from a mark scheme (very useful)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AliceCaroline
Just STICK TO IT!
Lol get a few snacks , make sure you're comfortable (tv OFF!) and set an alarm on your phone for half an hour ! It's not that long a period for study ! So go over a topic you struggle with then when your alarm goes off take a break. Then come back to it and do another half hour maybe write out some model answers from a mark scheme (very useful)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I SHALL DO THIS :smile: I CAN DO IT . Thanks lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 957
Anyone who says they revise for over 8 hours a day is lying. I revise for around 3-4 a day, taking short breaks in between, then testing myself on the stuff I've been going over :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloxorus
6 hours a day for me. I have 10 exams.

what subject do you study ?
Original post by El121
Anyone who says they revise for over 8 hours a day is lying. I revise for around 3-4 a day, taking short breaks in between, then testing myself on the stuff I've been going over :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not necessarily. This weekend I'm hoping to do 8-3 then 6-10 hours of revision, so thats 11 hours. Just depends on the person, the amount of exams and how much importance (exams) they hold.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending