The Student Room Group

I'm a murderer.

Today I ran over a flock? of pigeons and I feel sad.

I did see them, they were eating something in the road, I was going quite fast and someone was driving right up my arse, so I thought I'm not going to kill myself over some pigeons and I just ran them over :eek: To be fair part of me expected them to move out the way.

There were feathers everywhere, it felt like I had ran over a horse or something and I could hear them hitting/bouncing off the bottom of my car.

I don't feel best pleased with myself.

I'm sorry pigeons, R.I.P..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Randy Johnson (baseball pitcher) killed a bird was a 97 mph fastball.
Reply 2
lol good

you stopped people getting rabees inih
Reply 3
Original post by matt_g96
Randy Johnson (baseball pitcher) killed a bird was a 97 mph fastball.

But that's just 1 bird, there was definitely about 9 of them lol.
Shame. I thought this was going to be...

Spoiler

Reply 5
Original post by Reeeeyah
Today I ran over a flock? of pigeons and I feel sad.

I did see them, they were eating something in the road, I was going quite fast and someone was driving right up my arse, so I thought I'm not going to kill myself over some pigeons and I just ran them over :eek: To be fair part of me expected them to move out the way.

There were feathers everywhere, it felt like I had ran over a horse or something and I could hear them hitting/bouncing off the bottom of my car.

I don't feel best pleased with myself.

I'm sorry pigeons, R.I.P..

Aww!

Happened to my dad. He was driving, I was in the car. He wasn't going very fast but there was a 'suicide' pigeon who decided to jump right in front of the car. Several feathers have exploded up in the air, but we didn't actually kill it - just bumped it. :L
I had to swerve for a duck last week. Little ****er was just walking across the road.
Sounded like they were suicidal anyway :lol: usually birds move quite quickly. Poor pigeons. Never mind, at least it wasn't a dog or a cat. That would of been much worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 8
Original post by Softy31
Aww!

Happened to my dad. He was driving, I was in the car. He wasn't going very fast but there was a 'suicide' pigeon who decided to jump right in front of the car. Several feathers have exploded up in the air, but we didn't actually kill it - just bumped it. :L

The amount of feathers that appear when you run over a pigeon is unbelievable :eek:

Original post by Silver Arrows
I had to swerve for a duck last week. Little ****er was just walking across the road.

See if it had been a duck I would've felt much much worse about the situation.
Reply 9
That's a tad sociopatheic
Reply 10
the pigeons will haunt your dreams

be in the corner of your eye for the rest of your life

what have you done?
Reply 11

See if it had been a duck I would've felt much much worse about the situation.

That's birdist. :pierre:
Reply 12
Original post by Robbie242
the pigeons will haunt your dreams

be in the corner of your eye for the rest of your life

what have you done?

Don't PLEASE :cry:
Reply 13
Don't PLEASE :cry:

The little pigeons were frolicking together, enjoying this pleasant spring day. There was a mummy pigeon and baby pigeons too. The mummy pigeon was showing the baby pigeons the danger of roads and teaching them how to be a strong pigeon like her. The mummy pigeon's wisdom was shattered when the rapidity at which your car threw itself down the road, was too much for little mummy pigeon to bare. She was the first to go under your tyre and her babies cried only to follow her fate. The mummy pigeon lies bleeding with her head resting on one of her babies wings. She sees her babies lying in pieces around her for what seems like an eternity of time. She cries and one of her little pigeon tears fall down her wing and onto her babies face. One of her babies is alive and stands up only to be crushed underneath your rear car tyres

The end.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Gondur
The little pigeons were frolicking together, enjoying this pleasant spring day. There was a mummy pigeon and baby pigeons too. The mummy pigeon was showing the baby pigeons the danger of roads and teaching them how to be a strong pigeon like her. The mummy pigeon's wisdom was shattered when the rapidity at which your car threw itself down the road, was too much for little mummy pigeon to bare. She was the first to go under your tyre and her babies cried only to follow her fate. The mummy pigeon lies bleeding with her head resting on one of her babies wings. She sees her babies lying in pieces around her for what seems like an eternity of time. She cries and one of her little pigeon tears fall down her wing and onto her babies face. One of her babies is alive and stands up only to be crushed underneath another car.

The end.

Lmaoo

The guilt is unbearable now, you horrible horrible person!
Pigeons are a pest for a reason. However if they were wood pigeons you have just ruined a perfectly decent pie.
Reply 16
They have eyes positioned on the side of their heads for a reason. If they are evolutionarily malfuntional then you've simply put them out of their misery.
Reply 17
Lmaoo

The guilt is unbearable now, you horrible horrible person!

Well I hope you've learnt a lesson. You're a naughty girl and I hope a pigeon drops a little gift onto your face for committing such an atrocity.
That's quite sad. Was this round a corner? I would assume you'd have time to simply slow down your car if it wasn't.

Btw Pigeons aren't really gifted with much in the way in cognitive ability and is not as good as ours is, so when the car is coming towards them, they can’t process the information fast enough. So it takes a bit of time for them to process the info before they move. That's one of the reasons you often see they don't move until the last minute, often when this is combined with deafness or blindness they don't move at all if something is coming at pace.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Staceyc1990
Never mind, at least it wasn't a dog or a cat. That would of been much worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And why is that?

Quick Reply

Latest