The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ihateusernames
hey i did biomed and doing med next yr if u have any questions then feel free to message me or even if its a biology topic il try n help (and mayb chem if i can remember which i doubt)

Awww thank you do much. Despite hours and hours of research for the past year I always seem to have questions. So I will definitely message you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by rosewater1
Oh i see, i'm sure you'll do brilliantly this time round! So much pressure :smile: but yeah insha'Allah we'll get the grades we want. I want to do something based on medical science/medicine/biomed etc, i thought about doing pharmacy but after going through a thread on here about how its a failing sector, i'm not so sure. And it sounds a bit too chemistry based :smile:

Are you going to medical school this year, or applying?

What, here in the UK?

Ah hope you're having fun :h:

Thanks a lot. Hope we both really do well. Pharmacy is too chemistry based for me. Idk it seems as though you would be interested in a career thats more "communication" based. No that definitely didn't make sense.

What I'm trying to say is you seem like a peoples person. Don't ask me how I came to that conclusion. 😝Biomed is a good degree to do. Its one of those idk-what-to-do-profession-wise-but-i-am-interested-in-science type degrees which you could practically do anything with. I swear I remember my teacher saying a BSC in a science could get me a job in the city. (London) You could do that and keep your options in terms of employment open or you could decide to apply for medicine as a postgrad. You could become a teacher. Lecturer. Researcher. Work in Human resources. Science journalist. Microbiologist. Immunologist. Lol you get the idea! Idk but something about biomed makes it seem so great to me. Maybe what I said is right about all science degrees. But do Biomed lol. Especially if you're not yet sure of what you want to do but are interested in science.

Sorry for the long message haha 😶

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JohnsHatun
Thanks a lot. Hope we both really do well. Pharmacy is too chemistry based for me. Idk it seems as though you would be interested in a career thats more "communication" based. No that definitely didn't make sense.

What I'm trying to say is you seem like a peoples person. Don't ask me how I came to that conclusion. 😝Biomed is a good degree to do. Its one of those idk-what-to-do-profession-wise-but-i-am-interested-in-science type degrees which you could practically do anything with. I swear I remember my teacher saying a BSC in a science could get me a job in the city. (London) You could do that and keep your options in terms of employment open or you could decide to apply for medicine as a postgrad. You could become a teacher. Lecturer. Researcher. Work in Human resources. Science journalist. Microbiologist. Immunologist. Lol you get the idea! Idk but something about biomed makes it seem so great to me. Maybe what I said is right about all science degrees. But do Biomed lol. Especially if you're not yet sure of what you want to do but are interested in science.

Sorry for the long message haha 😶

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right, I do want a communication based job :smile: I even thought about social work for a bit but I do want the scientific knowledge :biggrin: I think I'm more interested in clinical than lab, but I'm open to anything. Isn't it best to get a PhD if you want to go into research/lecturing/scientific journals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3723
anyone at/applying to a london uni?
Original post by cem101
anyone at/applying to a london uni?

I think HWB and GOS were discussing London unis a while back (maybe just unis in general), so I assume its at least one of them who is applying or has applied. But neither of them come on here anymore so :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3725
hey yo! i firmed KCL computer science! is there any of u going to KCL?
Reply 3726
hmmm aksam aksam canim kunefe cekti and i dont usually even like it
kunefe and then some baklava

of haci naptin ya ben zor unutturdum kendime of karakoy gulluoglundan fistikli kadayif olcakti simdi bi de cig kofte of of of :eek::eek::eek::eek::wink:
Original post by dudusi
of haci naptin ya ben zor unutturdum kendime of karakoy gulluoglundan fistikli kadayif olcakti simdi bi de cig kofte of of of :eek::eek::eek::eek::wink:

:eating::eating::eating:
You're right, I do want a communication based job :smile: I even thought about social work for a bit but I do want the scientific knowledge :biggrin: I think I'm more interested in clinical than lab, but I'm open to anything. Isn't it best to get a PhD if you want to go into research/lecturing/scientific journals?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wouldnt recommend doing biomed if u want to do med unless ur doing a levels over 3 yrs or didnt get the grades to take a gap year - its much more competitive as a graduate and u dont get student finance for a 2nd degree. I really regret not taking a gap yr because as much as i enjoyed my 3 yrs at uni ultimately i wasted 3 yrs of my life doing something i didnt want to do
after all the crap akp have done people are still voting for them unbelievable
i wouldnt recommend doing biomed if u want to do med unless ur doing a levels over 3 yrs or didnt get the grades to take a gap year - its much more competitive as a graduate and u dont get student finance for a 2nd degree. I really regret not taking a gap yr because as much as i enjoyed my 3 yrs at uni ultimately i wasted 3 yrs of my life doing something i didnt want to do

Yeah, I'm just thinking about possible options if I couldn't get into med. I would probably do biomed or something like that, like I said I don't really like the idea of pharmacy. I'm not sure what sort of degree would help me for postgrad?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My mums annoyed that her hometown has voted mhp instead of akp (dads Cypriot so doesn't affect him). They're both akp supporters... Well this is awkward :lol: I'm assuming you're rooting for chp?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A very "cahil" population. I'm sorry to say but AKP after this year should never be voted back again. I'm sorry for the people who support AKP in no way am I trying to degrade you or anything. I just hate the party.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't actively support any Turkish political parties but it bothers me that akp gets so much ****. Point is that they have helped the country progress and change has been seen. Of course the rich spoilt university students will vote chp because they're weren't around to see it.
Anyway the high percentage of bdp is worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't actively support any Turkish political parties but it bothers me that akp gets so much ****. Point is that they have helped the country progress and change has been seen. Of course the rich spoilt university students will vote chp because they're weren't around to see it.
Anyway the high percentage of bdp is worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im sorry what about erdogan banning twitter because its exposing him and his party as corrupt? what about after all the allegations everythings been swept under the carpet and the investigating police sacked? yes they may have 'helped the country progress' but im sure you can say the same for for stalin - doesnt mean he was a good fair leader

also lets not forget how akp buys votes from poor villagers who want wood to burn or money to feed their families
Reply 3735
Helooooooooooooooooooooooo

Weather is AweSomee, I have very good mood and I feel happy!!! Only few months left to finish the uni and I don't have any exams!! :biggrin:

I love everyone <3

HWB I missed you!!! Come back!
im sorry what about erdogan banning twitter because its exposing him and his party as corrupt? what about after all the allegations everythings been swept under the carpet and the investigating police sacked? yes they may have 'helped the country progress' but im sure you can say the same for for stalin - doesnt mean he was a good fair leader

also lets not forget how akp buys votes from poor villagers who want wood to burn or money to feed their families

Like i said, i don't follow turkish politics so i don't know. i doubt he would get away with something like that so its possible there's more to it. I don't think it's exactly fair to compare him to stalin though :smile: I would believe you if i didn't actually know some of those villagers myself, and that is not the case, maybe you mean the financial support they're given in the form of 'benefits'.

Also i hope you don't mind but what are your academic stats and work experience like? I'm assuming you have already done a degree in biomedical science? (but applied for undergrad medicine?)
Original post by lNurl
Helooooooooooooooooooooooo

Weather is AweSomee, I have very good mood and I feel happy!!! Only few months left to finish the uni and I don't have any exams!! :biggrin:

I love everyone <3

HWB I missed you!!! Come back!

the weather was actually so nice today :smile: and yeah where is everyone?
Like i said, i don't follow turkish politics so i don't know. i doubt he would get away with something like that so its possible there's more to it. I don't think it's exactly fair to compare him to stalin though :smile: I would believe you if i didn't actually know some of those villagers myself, and that is not the case, maybe you mean the financial support they're given in the form of 'benefits'.

Also i hope you don't mind but what are your academic stats and work experience like? I'm assuming you have already done a degree in biomedical science? (but applied for undergrad medicine?)

haha yes stalin was a bit of an exaggeration but rest is true here is one article:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/21/turkey-blocks-twitter-prime-minister?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

and ye gcse : 1A*, 6A 3B 1C (i went to special measures school)
A level Bio A*, Chem A, Media A, English lit B
degree 2.1 in biomed
exp carer, reseach with histopathologist, week at A & E and week at outpatient ward
film club leader, educational leader for refugee after school club
ECA: published twice, commissioned by council to make promo film, bellydancing show, cheerleading

i think thats about it
haha yes stalin was a bit of an exaggeration but rest is true here is one article:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/21/turkey-blocks-twitter-prime-minister?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

and ye gcse : 1A*, 6A 3B 1C (i went to special measures school)
A level Bio A*, Chem A, Media A, English lit B
degree 2.1 in biomed
exp carer, reseach with histopathologist, week at A & E and week at outpatient ward
film club leader, educational leader for refugee after school club
ECA: published twice, commissioned by council to make promo film, bellydancing show, cheerleading

i think thats about it

That's some really good stuff there, did you want to do medicine after completing your a levels? i am so confused with everything i really do need some career guidance

Quick Reply

Latest