The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rosewater1
That's some really good stuff there, did you want to do medicine after completing your a levels? i am so confused with everything i really do need some career guidance

ye basically i shudve taken a gap yr because of my levels I wudve been in a very good position if i took a yr out and just got more work experience and worked on my personal statement. parents didnt want me to cos they thought if i took yr out i wudnt want to go back into education and i didnt argue because i thought i wud b doing boring stuff and not travelling like some ppl who take a gap yr do

what do u enjoy? what careers are u thinking about?
Original post by ihateusernames
ye basically i shudve taken a gap yr because of my levels I wudve been in a very good position if i took a yr out and just got more work experience and worked on my personal statement. parents didnt want me to cos they thought if i took yr out i wudnt want to go back into education and i didnt argue because i thought i wud b doing boring stuff and not travelling like some ppl who take a gap yr do

what do u enjoy? what careers are u thinking about?

Yes at least you've got in now, I'm not completely sure, I mean AS grades play a part in deciding and I don't have those yet. Recently been been thinking about medicine or nursing (biomed sounds interesting but it usually leads to research which doesn't appeal to me). We'll see anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes at least you've got in now, I'm not completely sure, I mean AS grades play a part in deciding and I don't have those yet. Recently been been thinking about medicine or nursing (biomed sounds interesting but it usually leads to research which doesn't appeal to me). We'll see anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you want to go into med go for it. for me it was daunting because i didnt have anyone in my family that could guide me with the whole process but once you look in depth into it its competitive yes but not that hard to get into

loads of people i know got in this yr because their ukcat was ridiculously high so one major advice would be do whatever it takes to get a high ukcat!! persnally i didnt even buy a book (hence y i didnt do very well in it) but my friend paid for some online thing and he got 780 which gave him 3 interviews from all the london unis

couple that with the fact that london unis do panel interviews if u know ur ps well enuf ul be fine and be sure to get in
if you want to go into med go for it. for me it was daunting because i didnt have anyone in my family that could guide me with the whole process but once you look in depth into it its competitive yes but not that hard to get into

loads of people i know got in this yr because their ukcat was ridiculously high so one major advice would be do whatever it takes to get a high ukcat!! persnally i didnt even buy a book (hence y i didnt do very well in it) but my friend paid for some online thing and he got 780 which gave him 3 interviews from all the london unis

couple that with the fact that london unis do panel interviews if u know ur ps well enuf ul be fine and be sure to get in

There are just so many things that need to get done, and done well (better than the 9 other applicants :smile:)
The ukcat doesn't look like the sort of thing i would be good at, but hopefully i'll be able to go to courses and use books like you have said.
Thank you for your advice :h:
There are just so many things that need to get done, and done well (better than the 9 other applicants :smile:)
The ukcat doesn't look like the sort of thing i would be good at, but hopefully i'll be able to go to courses and use books like you have said.
Thank you for your advice :h:

btw if youre thinking about med seriously i hope uve started ur work experience already!
btw if youre thinking about med seriously i hope uve started ur work experience already!

I'm not completely set on it, just trying to figure out what I like the most and what would be the best option to take (entry requirements, chance of getting in etc). I have a week at a gp (but only got a few hours clinical time with nurses) and a week in a dental surgery. I have some volunteering experience though! Work experience is so hard to get.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not completely set on it, just trying to figure out what I like the most and what would be the best option to take (entry requirements, chance of getting in etc). I have a week at a gp (but only got a few hours clinical time with nurses) and a week in a dental surgery. I have some volunteering experience though! Work experience is so hard to get.

Posted from TSR Mobile

as long as youve got one clinical one its fine u just need to apply how what u learnt at ur volunteering experience applies to medicine
:yawn:
But why is the Turkish hijab style so damn buff?
Reply 3749
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
:yawn:

:eek:
HWBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB Wlcome back!! I missed you!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Maryb_102
But why is the Turkish hijab style so damn buff?

:lolwut:
Reply 3751
oiiiiiiii.... who watches medcezir. why does Asim Sekip Kaya have mad genes. ender, sedef and ada are all spices!
Original post by cem101
oiiiiiiii.... who watches medcezir. why does Asim Sekip Kaya have mad genes. ender, sedef and ada are all spices!

i used to casually watch it and then my cousin told me it was turkish version of oc and suddenly ive gone off it
Reply 3753
i used to casually watch it and then my cousin told me it was turkish version of oc and suddenly ive gone off it

i dont know what oc is but... ozge gurel is <3
Original post by cem101
i dont know what oc is but... ozge gurel is <3

the OC is an american show. just googled her shes pretty
welll this thread died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by TheGameOfScience
welll this thread died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allah rahmet eylesin :biggrin:
Original post by lNurl
Allah rahmet eylesin :biggrin:

:lol: it wont let me rep for some reason
Original post by TheGameOfScience
:lol: it wont let me rep for some reason

even tsr is against me :frown:

*u just repped me recently i guess, Or dint rep too many people after repping me ages ago*
So where the hell is ramocito and HWB and rosewater they're all gone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending