The Student Room Group

A2 Psychology B'ers

Hey everyone!
How are we all getting on with revision? any predictions?
Starting to feel stressed now :eek: time is moving too fast!! x
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Hello.

Im a Psyb3/4er!

Im starting revision next week - last time I just re-wrote shorter version of notes but don't think that is an effective way to revise.

Any tips welcome. Also, what were your applied options - mine are Cognition and Law; Schizophrenia; Depression :smile:
Reply 3
You got any notes on the approaches and debates for unit 4
Woohoo finally psychology B'ers
I'm doing psy3 - Cog and law ,Cognitive development and forensic.
Which unit do you find easier ?3 or 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by livealittle

Posted from TSR Mobile

Found both extremely difficult :-(
Have you started revision? Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hey all,

Sorry I have only just replied, I haven't had internet access.
I have chosen Moral Development, Substance Abuse and Cognition and Law for unit 3. Finding the Methods in unit 4 difficult :confused: Are you all doing past papers?
Reply 7
For revision, I am writing shorter notes in different coloured pens, past papers, and also found some activity sheets online - I am home studying :mad:
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am finding the approaches ok, but the debates and methods more difficult. What about you?
Original post by figuresk8rstudent
Found both extremely difficult :-(
Have you started revision? Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find 3 easier because it's just learning the facts ,but 4 is all about exam technique and clarity and my exam technique is not the greatest .sometimes I can't tell what the question is asking.I just need to phrase things right.
I'm planning to go through everything bit by bit once I've finished revising for ISAs.they're priority right now.
Revising for psychology is not easy 😐 ,i still haven't found a method that works for psychology.For my other 2 Alevels I make my own notes then re-write them and that's going ok I think .

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find 3 easier because it's just learning the facts ,but 4 is all about exam technique and clarity and my exam technique is not the greatest .sometimes I can't tell what the question is asking.I just need to phrase things right.
I'm planning to go through everything bit by bit once I've finished revising for ISAs.they're priority right now.
Revising for psychology is not easy ������ ,i still haven't found a method that works for psychology.For my other 2 Alevels I make my own notes then re-write them and that's going ok I think .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yessss I agree with you, 4 is definitely more difficult. Do you underline the key words in the question? that helps me to understand what they are asking.
Original post by sarahcheryl_
Yessss I agree with you, 4 is definitely more difficult. Do you underline the key words in the question? that helps me to understand what they are asking.

I take highlighters to the exam to highlight important parts of the question and end up highlighting the whole thing :|
How do you revise for psychology? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
hi everyone
i am studying AQA A A2 psychology and doing schizophrenia, research methods, media, aggression, intelligence and learning and relationships.
the way i revise might not suit a lot of people but it works for me. i rewrite all my notes in bullet points by hand, highlight the key words, then type them up. that way i have to actively read through them several times. i also do lots of practice questions (my teacher sets us a lot but i do some myself)
Hi I'm doing psyb3 and psyb4 topics for psyb3 are Moral Development, Mood disorders and Schizophrenia and Forensics, I'm finding psyb4 a lot more difficult. Is anyone else finding it hard to get 8 A02s on essay overall?
As for my revision technique last year, I parrot fashioned it, re wrote re wrote and re wrote until it was all in my head. That's what gets stuff really in my head, it also makes me fully understand it. I hope to do that this year and go through all the past exam booklets my teacher has given me :smile:
Anyone started revising yet???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone started revising yet???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trying to .
Have you started?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trying to .
Have you started?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thinking next week.
Are you putting it off?
We got a mountain to climb!
Thinking next week.
Are you putting it off?
We got a mountain to climb!

Nahh not at all,just my other Alevels are priority ,I need A's in both and a B in psychology for university.
I'm going through it bit by bit Condensing the material down on to posters.The goal is to have done all of them by Friday:biggrin: .
I know :frown: fingers crossed we make it to the top:smile:.Do you have any tips on the essays.Apparently I write tooo much ,end up running out of time :frown: and not finishing the exam:'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Greetings fellow B students! I'm doing all 4 units this time round :frown: Any of you resitting?
Original post by Spansishwef
Greetings fellow B students! I'm doing all 4 units this time round :frown: Any of you resitting?

I did that last year! I chose Social Psychology and Phobias on unit 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest