The Student Room Group

UCL postgrad applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by dawgnut
Where's everyone going to live next academic year?

I posted a similar question on the accommodation part of this site...I wanted to live in Goodenough College but I didn't get in so now I am kind of lost...
Reply 341
Original post by 92DL
I see thanks! I heard some people heard back after a week that's why :wink:

I mean it definitely could have been a week but like I said they didn't email me so one day kind of on a whim I went to the portal and it said that they had given me an offer! I'm sure you've applied during a hugely busy time that's why it may take longer. When did you apply?
Reply 342
Original post by dawgnut
Where's everyone going to live next academic year?

Original post by mcstone12
I posted a similar question on the accommodation part of this site...I wanted to live in Goodenough College but I didn't get in so now I am kind of lost...

Is there any group on Facebook or similar to find flatmates?
Reply 343
Original post by fvf
Is there any group on Facebook or similar to find flatmates?

hmm there is an UCL postgrad group on fb lol
Reply 344

They've started releasing decisions already?! :O
Reply 345
Is there anyone else yet for MSc Medical Anthropology? Portico changed for me after midnight to conditional offer! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Time to stress about where to live now :s-smilie:
Reply 346
Just got an offer for Msc Economics!
Original post by amyyy24
Is there anyone else yet for MSc Medical Anthropology? Portico changed for me after midnight to conditional offer! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Time to stress about where to live now :s-smilie:

Congrats! My referee FINALLY uploaded last Friday, but I'm anticipating a wait because it's easter time. Does that mean they took about 4 weeks to get back to you? Well done!!
Reply 348
Original post by Always.Inbetween
Congrats! My referee FINALLY uploaded last Friday, but I'm anticipating a wait because it's easter time. Does that mean they took about 4 weeks to get back to you? Well done!!

Thanks :smile: Yeah, I sent my application on about the 7th of March I think, then it took a week for both my references. Portico changed to 'currently being processed by admissions' last friday 28th, and the offer came through last night.

So it did go through a lot quicker than expected, like you said about 4 weeks altogether.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 349
Original post by rtyu
Just got an offer for Msc Economics!

Congrats! When did you apply?
Reply 350
I mean it definitely could have been a week but like I said they didn't email me so one day kind of on a whim I went to the portal and it said that they had given me an offer! I'm sure you've applied during a hugely busy time that's why it may take longer. When did you apply?

Oh I only applied recently, but thought if you also applied recently I could estimate when I would hear back. Such a shame you did not get an email, if you would not have checked the deadline to accept might have passed without you knowing :wink:
I have a phd offer in the department of infection and population health - very excited! no idea where im going to live yet..
Original post by goodtogallop
I have a phd offer in the department of infection and population health - very excited! no idea where im going to live yet..

I'm in the same boat as you - have a PhD and no idea where to live!!
Original post by redferry
I'm in the same boat as you - have a PhD and no idea where to live!!

It's a bit overwhelming isn't it! I'm contemplating commuting from where I live at the moment (good hours trip on the train) but living closer would have lots of perks. I have lots of London friends but they all live either very centrally (££!!), really far out, or in Clapham areas, which isn't really that convenient for UCL especially as I'll also be spending time at Public Health England which is way out at the top of the Northern line. Camden seems pretty cool when I've visited friends there and is certainly convenient but I don't know if it'll be too expensive.

Whats your PhD in? How far away are you moving from?
Reply 354
Original post by oli92
Congrats! When did you apply?

Thank you :smile: i applied on 29 Dec and all my documents were received by the university in the first week of jan
Original post by goodtogallop
It's a bit overwhelming isn't it! I'm contemplating commuting from where I live at the moment (good hours trip on the train) but living closer would have lots of perks. I have lots of London friends but they all live either very centrally (££!!), really far out, or in Clapham areas, which isn't really that convenient for UCL especially as I'll also be spending time at Public Health England which is way out at the top of the Northern line. Camden seems pretty cool when I've visited friends there and is certainly convenient but I don't know if it'll be too expensive.

Whats your PhD in? How far away are you moving from?

I live in Leeds at the moment so commuting isn't really an option!

I'm having similar issues - my PhD is in Environmental science and is split between 9 institutions - all of which I have to be at in the first term! So choosing an area to live in is an absolute nightmare. My friends are all over the place as well.

I really want a home, not just a house as well but its so difficult. Wish there was an easy way of meeting housemates.
Original post by caetaneando
Hey!
I have applied for EPEE at UCL! And I was offered a place to start next September... I also got an offer for Imperial (Environmental Technology), so now I am hoping to get some scholarship to decide. :smile:

Which one are you going to choose?

Got an offer for EPEE as well.
Reply 357
Offer for MSc Clinical Neuroscience at the Institute of Neurology. Got an email but it didn't have any conditions in it and portico hasn't updated yet.

Also no idea where to live!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 358
With all these comments about not knowing where to live, does anyone think it's worth making a postgraduate accommodation/housing thread in the UCL forum?
Reply 359
Original post by amyyy24
With all these comments about not knowing where to live, does anyone think it's worth making a postgraduate accommodation/housing thread in the UCL forum?

I agree, I think that is a very good idea!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending