The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chloe_ccjy
Guys any advice here! Just got rejected by Ucl:frown: but have offers from lse and Warwick. Which shld I choose?

I would choose LSE any day but you should visit both and make your mind up.
Reply 3341
Guys any advice here! Just got rejected by Ucl:frown: but have offers from lse and Warwick. Which shld I choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I personally would choose Warwick over LSE, only because when I visited LSE for an open day I didn't like the whole vibe (and I've also heard social life isn't the best there :P). But it's up to personal preference :smile: they both have a well established rep, so either way you'll be in good hands.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zzaacc
Phew! I wonder if they'll reply by the 31st of March :frown:

I know, or at least give some indication of when we should hear by. LSE kept sending updates every few weeks...
Original post by _ashT
I think I personally would choose Warwick over LSE, only because when I visited LSE for an open day I didn't like the whole vibe (and I've also heard social life isn't the best there :P). But it's up to personal preference :smile: they both have a well established rep, so either way you'll be in good hands.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yup im kinda worried about the social life at lse too, cause to me its not something i'll give up just for prestige.Im an international applicant btw, so I cant go for any open days:frown: Any feedback is really useful thank you!(:
yup im kinda worried about the social life at lse too, cause to me its not something i'll give up just for prestige.Im an international applicant btw, so I cant go for any open days:frown: Any feedback is really useful thank you!(:

Warwick isn't exactly known for its massive social scene
Original post by Mike_123
Warwick isn't exactly known for its massive social scene

Well but it has a campus! A very different environment from lse
Well but it has a campus! A very different environment from lse

Are you firming Warwick ? Me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3347
Anyone else get a UCL offer without an open day invite? I haven't been yet and they won't answer the phone :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shopoholic
Has anyone firmed Lancaster for economics? :smile:

I firmed Lancaster on Friday! :smile:
Original post by bettymarge96
I firmed Lancaster on Friday! :smile:

Yay! Finally someone who has firmed lancaster for economics :smile: which college are you thinking applying for?
Yay! Finally someone who has firmed lancaster for economics :smile: which college are you thinking applying for?

I REALLY like Grizedale, but it's meant to be really hard to get in to because it is small and so many apply. For my second choice I'm thinking bowland/county. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I REALLY like Grizedale, but it's meant to be really hard to get in to because it is small and so many apply. For my second choice I'm thinking bowland/county. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also like the sound of grizedale. I am confused between bowland, county, cartmel, furness and of course grizedale. I would like a quiet atmosphere but also not too quiet so I don't know whether I should discard cartmel. This is so hard :frown:
Original post by SUNNYOX
Congrats. Can I ask what did you write to them?

I just said that I had read into the course as I hadn't heard from UCL yet with regards to my Economics application. I said that I found the course extremely interesting, explained why I did and why I would be a good candidate for the degree.

I applied to change my course on Monday the 10th of March and got rejected on the Friday. But I was able to still be considered by the Econ and Business with east european studies degree because I applied to change before I was rejected.

In hindsight I think I am better suited to this degree as my interests have changed from September
Original post by ellenabethx
I just said that I had read into the course as I hadn't heard from UCL yet with regards to my Economics application. I said that I found the course extremely interesting, explained why I did and why I would be a good candidate for the degree.

I applied to change my course on Monday the 10th of March and got rejected on the Friday. But I was able to still be considered by the Econ and Business with east european studies degree because I applied to change before I was rejected.

In hindsight I think I am better suited to this degree as my interests have changed from September

What a levels do you take?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also like the sound of grizedale. I am confused between bowland, county, cartmel, furness and of course grizedale. I would like a quiet atmosphere but also not too quiet so I don't know whether I should discard cartmel. This is so hard :frown:

When I went to the open day they said cartmel was 'sleepy', so I discounted it. Like you, I want to work but I also want a good social atmosphere..hence grizedale. Other than cartmel the only other college I discounted was Lonsdale, just a bit too much party (and sooo sporty ahah). I know somebody who went to bowland, she loves it! It's in such a good location :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally received a reply from Warwick. A rejection. Though they offered me to be considered for A&F even though I didn't write anything about finance in my PS :s-smilie:
When I went to the open day they said cartmel was 'sleepy', so I discounted it. Like you, I want to work but I also want a good social atmosphere..hence grizedale. Other than cartmel the only other college I discounted was Lonsdale, just a bit too much party (and sooo sporty ahah). I know somebody who went to bowland, she loves it! It's in such a good location :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly the same!:yep: I couldn't agree more with everything you just said. I think I'm going to put Grizedale and Bowland as my two options, they seem great! Do you know which subject you're going to choose for your minor? :smile:
Exactly the same!:yep: I couldn't agree more with everything you just said. I think I'm going to put Grizedale and Bowland as my two options, they seem great! Do you know which subject you're going to choose for your minor? :smile:

Good choice! Aha. I'll pm you so we don't take over the feed ahah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mike_123
I would choose LSE any day but you should visit both and make your mind up.

Hi mike,
What a levels do you take out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by m0hd_J
Hi mike,
What a levels do you take out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

m fm econ phys

Quick Reply

Latest