The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Got put on the waiting list too !!
Reply 3541
offer :smile:
Original post by MedicOllie
It's frustrating really, it would help a lot to know if I stand a good chance of getting an offer. I don't understand why they wouldn't tell us to be honest.

Just had another conversation with them:

- Won't tell me rank on list because it's policy
- Policy is set by the Dean, told me I'm not allowed to speak to them.
- If I un-firm my other choice, that'll put me back on the list.
- It took 24 hours for them to mention waiting list because of 'policy and system'.
Offer. A100 school leaver AAA including bio and chem. Track updated at 16:33
Original post by Matthew150
Just had another conversation with them:

- Won't tell me rank on list because it's policy
- Policy is set by the Dean, told me I'm not allowed to speak to them.
- If I un-firm my other choice, that'll put me back on the list.
- It took 24 hours for them to mention waiting list because of 'policy and system'.

Ah OK. Don't we have to firm by the 8th of May though?
Offer :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
This offer is subject to you obtaining :
GCE A level Grades AA in Chemistry Biology
GCE A level Grades AC in any order in Mathematics Physics
Updated at 16:48
Good luck guys. I'll see you lot this September.
I'd lost hope...But I'm happy to say OFFERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Just need to get that AAA (in any subjects, I'm doing bio, chem, maths and history) now, hopefully see all you guys in september :smile: I've never wanted anything more... BTW track updated 16:33
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MedicOllie
Ah OK. Don't we have to firm by the 8th of May though?

Yeah, except I've already firmed a different university, so it effectively means I'm off the list.
If only they'd told me there and then...
Offer!
School leaver for A100; track updated at 16:34.

:smile: :smile: :smile: (I'm actually crying right now.) :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 3549
Original post by annieyellow
Offer!
School leaver for A100; track updated at 16:34.

:smile: :smile: :smile: (I'm actually crying right now.) :smile: :smile: :smile:

Congrats! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer! :smile: Reapplicant. Track updated at 5pm
Original post by General Maximus
Got an email this morning stating that I am on the waiting list for the A100. Anyone else?

Also what are the chances, roughly how many on the waiting list go on to receive offers?

I'm sorry to bring you the news, but yesterday, I made a FOI request and for 2013 entry, no one from the waiting list got a place.
Remember to never give up faith. I honestly though I sort of flopped my interview because I stutterd and said the things I didn't mean to say.
You will make it if you don't give up! :biggrin::smile::biggrin:
Reply 3553
https://www.facebook.com/groups/223811154492380/ The official offer holders thread for Barts.
Reply 3554
Does anyone know if we need to get the vaccinations done by our GPs or is it the 'occupational health service' that do them? Thanks in advance!
Reply 3555
hey guys:smile:

I've been reading this page for loooooong lol just received the rejection ytd, tbh Bart's was my 3rd and last interview and I feel it was the best that I could perform (at least at this moment) Cambridge was nice but I guess I wasn't gd enough n I trolled the UEA one cuz I didn't reli wanna go there. (no offense, I'm just superficial :tongue:)

following 3 rejections Bart's was my last hope, but I was kinda used to the idea of doing biomed at imperial (the offer was basically unconditional) so the rejection from Bart's wasn't too harsh really, it just disappointed my teachers/friends more than myself, but still I know I really want this medicine offer from Bart's as I'm totally sure that I want to be a doctor other than scientist/teacher/lecturer etc which biomed students might go into. I was kinda expecting the waiting list but they took so long (24 hours) to get that email to me lol well, I received the waiting list email a few hrs ago. I'm glad that I hvnt firmed imperial yet, so I can still make a choice, but I really can't understand why they would eliminate any offer holders from the waiting list !! so it's like if I don't firm anywhere they 'might' take me, if they don't then I can only take a gap year? lol can we not at least have an insurance or sth, my imperial offer isn't even medicine... but it's still hard to give up just like this.

what would u guys choose really :frown: and if they eliminate all offer holders then I suspect ppl left on the waiting list would be quite few? cuz I think originally they only put ~100 ppl on the list?

thank you guys :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my rejection on UCAS 9 days ago but I sill haven't got the email from barts themselves. I called them up yesterday but they just said that I would hear soon. Is anyone in a similar position?
Original post by sweeny-tom
I got an offer yesterday at around 16:30. Needless to say I'm absolutely over the moon. As a reapplicant with AAAB, my offer is pretty much unconditional, so I'll be seeing some of you in September no doubt :smile:

To those of you who missed out I am living testament that it is not the end of the world! I was devastated when I missed the terms of my UCL offer last year (serious heart surgery in January 2013 took a major chunk out of my revision time) and I hated the idea of a gap year. Now, I'm loving it. It's really nice to be able to go home after work knowing you've earnt your pay and that you don't have fret about homework or revision when you get home. With that in mind, I had much more time this year to read around medicine using the student BMJ and Newscientist.com as well as seeking out other people to talk to. (Oh and a work connection introduced me to a guy from Barts who took me to the Barts sim centre where I took part in a medical simulation course for 5th year medics: an opportunity I wouldn't have had if I hadn't taken a gap year)

This meant I had much more to talk about at interview and made me a much more well-rounded candidate. So cry it out, go get drunk, mope about the house for a few days. But once that's done, pick yourself up and go back out there with renewed vigour, knowing that you're even more determined to get in next year than you have been this year.

Just curious to know how you missed UCL offer last year as you got AAA (which Barts also needs)Did UCL ask for A* last year?
Original post by annieyellow
I'm sorry to bring you the news, but yesterday, I made a FOI request and for 2013 entry, no one from the waiting list got a place.

I was told there was no waiting list last year? :s-smilie:

How about the year before? Any statistics?
Reply 3559
Offer today at 16:48
AAAB

good luck to the last few waiting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending