The Student Room Group

how to get hair this curly?!

how can i get my hair like this?? i have completely straight silky hair.

http://instagram.com/anniecurli
That's her natural texture and unless you're a whizz with a curling wand you will not be able to achieve this look.
Reply 2
Original post by Technetium
That's her natural texture and unless you're a whizz with a curling wand you will not be able to achieve this look.

thats sad to know :frown: it looks so nice! do you think a hairdresser would be able to do it?
Original post by candyloveee
thats sad to know :frown: it looks so nice! do you think a hairdresser would be able to do it?

If you show her the picture she will probably be able to, but it won't have the same volume and I doubt it would remain like that for long.
Reply 4
You could try a perm but they're quite high maintenance so keep that in mind! I had mine done when I was younger so excuse the embarrassing year 9 pics. :P
Before:
6774_1182915607539_1032473_n.jpg
After:
9024_1217296027028_8056088_n.jpg
Reply 5
Original post by Charlottelt
You could try a perm but they're quite high maintenance so keep that in mind! I had mine done when I was younger so excuse the embarrassing year 9 pics. :P
Before:
6774_1182915607539_1032473_n.jpg
After:
9024_1217296027028_8056088_n.jpg

how long did it last? aren't perms really damaging to your hair?
Reply 6
I'm afraid to say that is her natural hair texture. She has gorgeous curls, so I don't blame you! You could always go into a salon and show the hairdresser an image of Annie Khalid, find out if he/she can give you a similar perm. Perms are high maintenance, so you'll have to look after your hair a lot more than you are at the moment. If a perm isn't what you're looking for because it is damaging then there are hundreds of heatless curly hair tutorials on YouTube or otherwise just use the smallest wand size, section your hair into four and take small strands of your hair, curling them one at a time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
how can i get my hair like this?? i have completely straight silky hair.

http://instagram.com/anniecurli

You'd have to get a perm.

So it'd be permanent if you did do it.
Reply 8
how long did it last? aren't perms really damaging to your hair?

I couldn't afford to keep it up as you should really get it redone every month or so but I had mine for about 3 months. It never damaged my hair. When you get it out you should use a nice deep conditioning treatment and that got my hair back to normal. It had a wavy kink in for a while afterwards but my hair wasn't damaged.
Lee stafford chopstick styler.
Reply 10
Original post by brownbearxo
Lee stafford chopstick styler.

just googled it, think i may get it! thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest