The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robcfunnell
So what halls/accommodation have people here put as their choices? Interesting to see what places are more popular!

Haven't applied yet since we Londoners get replies last anyway so I got plenty of time. I'm planning on Roseberry or Passfield for 1 & 2 and Carr-Saunders 3.

How about you?

Original post by m0hd_J
This is a bit of a weird question, but why do you guys actually want to study economics
Is it cos you have a burning passion for it or is it for a good job? Please explain..

The reason I'm doing a degree is for a better job. So I guess I'm doing Economics for a better job. Although the choice of Economics over other degrees is a balance of interest and job prospects.

What's your reason?
(edited 10 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by NedStark
Haven't applied yet since we Londoners get replies last anyway so I got plenty of time. I'm planning on Roseberry or Passfield for 1 & 2 and Carr-Saunders 3.

How about you?

Yeah I was looking at similar ones, heard that those three are the most social and I didn't really like the feel of High Holborn and Bankside seems too big and too far away. Northumberland House looks very nice however, so really choosing between Rosebery, Passfield, Carr-Saunders and that.
Hey guys, what's the likelihood of me still getting my place if I marginally miss my offer A*AA for maths with eco?
Original post by #Unknown
Hey guys, what's the likelihood of me still getting my place if I marginally miss my offer A*AA for maths with eco?

"If you marginally fail to meet the conditions of your offer, your application is automatically referred back to the Admissions Tutor in mid-August for reconsideration. Your application is then assessed in competition with all other applicants who have marginally failed to meet the conditions of their offer" - source: undergraduate offer pack.

Quantifying likelihood of securing a place is difficult; it goes on to say that there is no guarantee that your place will be confirmed at the School. Therefore, it's best you work hard & don't marginally fail your offer or you'll be heading to your insurance choice Uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5904
This thread is gradually dying...
It is time to say it,
Congrats to all those who got offers and to those rejected id say that it is just a university, I am sure you will have a great time wherever you will go next and enjoy a much better social life. Don't let a university define you.
Reply 5905
I got an offer from LSE and Bristol for econ and although I have firmed LSE and set Bristol as my insurance I am still not sure of what I really want. Academics are important for me and so is a healthy social life and I somehow feel that Bristol is an apt choice when it comes to maintaining a fine balance between the two. I know, if you go to LSE, the brand name and the connections you make have the ability to set you for life. But I have heard some things about LSE which have made me a little doubtful of it's ability to offer a decent university experience. I just wanted opinions on which place is better when it comes to the overall development of a person sans the prestige or the brand.
Reply 5906
Original post by Doc5
I got an offer from LSE and Bristol for econ and although I have firmed LSE and set Bristol as my insurance I am still not sure of what I really want. Academics are important for me and so is a healthy social life and I somehow feel that Bristol is an apt choice when it comes to maintaining a fine balance between the two. I know, if you go to LSE, the brand name and the connections you make have the ability to set you for life. But I have heard some things about LSE which have made me a little doubtful of it's ability to offer a decent university experience. I just wanted opinions on which place is better when it comes to the overall development of a person sans the prestige or the brand.

This is a very difficult question. But I suppose the rankings are based on something and LSE is ranked 3 in the world for economics. The social life should be better in Bristol though.
Original post by Doc5

guess you want to consider which you'd prefer...superficial business relationships throughout your working life or 'more' friendships throughout your life..

Maybe take a look at the societies and accommodation etc ?
Original post by Doc5

I'd say go for LSE and apply with preference for inter-collegiate halls. It's a win-win situation if you want the 'academics' and the 'univeristy life'. That way you can make the connections and have fun on the side.
Is LSE better or King's for LLB law?Thank you in advance.
LSE is better for Law.
Reply 5911
Original post by Dilloneranger
LSE is better for Law.

you need to quote him
LSE is better for Law.

Fellow offer holder for law (m100)?
Original post by dulwichltyu
Fellow offer holder for law (m100)?

Current 1st year Law student at LSE
Current 1st year Law student at LSE

respect :smile:

well, see you in september :smile:
Do you need to have firmed LSE to get an offer for accommodation? Because I haven't firmed it yet but I applied for accommodation yesterday and I'm worried that I should have waited until I had firmed the university
Reply 5916
Original post by Doc5

I stuck in the same place as you. But deffo firming LSE. Now it is between Exeter and Bristol for insurance tough choice.
Any other one direction fans doing economics next year?
Reply 5918
Original post by rohan11
I stuck in the same place as you. But deffo firming LSE. Now it is between Exeter and Bristol for insurance tough choice.

Bristol, no contest.
Original post by sophiekate1
Do you need to have firmed LSE to get an offer for accommodation? Because I haven't firmed it yet but I applied for accommodation yesterday and I'm worried that I should have waited until I had firmed the university

I've not firmed yet either, it doesn't matter :>

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending