The Student Room Group

Fine Art Applicants and Universities 2014!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by ART1
Just got a place at the Slade for BA fine art!

Congratulations!
I did too - at least the wait ended well. So relieved and happy.
Original post by mmariann
Congratulations!

Congratulations! I'm glad the wait was worth it. :smile:
Reply 562
Congratulations!

Congratulations! See you there!
Reply 563
Original post by ART1

Congrats!
Reply 564
Congratulations!

Ah well done! X
Now its just Goldsmiths taking its sweet ass time :')
Reply 566
Original post by AndyHoccom
Now its just Goldsmiths taking its sweet ass time :')

I've heard that they're always the last to respond! 2 weeks sounds like a very long time!
Reply 567
Haven t they said that this week we ll know the results of art/art history interviews?
Reply 568
yaay congrats for those of u who got an offer from the Slade! I guess I'll see u there then! :smile:

good luck for everyone else!
Reply 569
Original post by aasdaf
Haven t they said that this week we ll know the results of art/art history interviews?

Yeah I think someone on here said that. Could always drop Clarre Thomas an email and check...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 570
Original post by ART1

Congratulations!

Original post by sr211
yaay congrats for those of u who got an offer from the Slade! I guess I'll see u there then! :smile:

good luck for everyone else!

CONGRATS guys!! :smile: must be a massive relief. it seemed they were staggering sending out their offers or something!

I can't wait till September, will (hopefully!) see you there, and I'm sure there will be something on facebook for new students beforehand
Original post by arty
Yeah I think someone on here said that. Could always drop Clarre Thomas an email and check...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah this is what I was told after my joint honours interview :') the tutor said we'd hear in a week. I guess it'll be some time before this weekend hopefully.
I just got offer from Chelsea for BA fine art and I decided to go there. Actually I have been rejected by Slade, though I like it very much. It is my first year to study Art, and I am 18-year-old. I think I am too young, too weak to fight for the places in Slade, Goldsmiths or other universities. But anyway I am satisfied with myself and I know I still have such a long way to go. Anyway best wishes to you all who are still srtuggling with applications to universities:smile: BTW Is here anyone planning to go for 2014 BA fine art course in Chelsea?
Reply 573
Original post by aasdaf

They might of done! I applied for the single honours so they may get back to the joint honours quicker
Congratulations to everyone on their offers! Is anyone going to do Fine Art at CSM?
Reply 575
Original post by chiffonshorts
Congratulations to everyone on their offers! Is anyone going to do Fine Art at CSM?

I'm probably gunna choose CSM :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 576
Original post by Zoeah
CONGRATS guys!! :smile: must be a massive relief. it seemed they were staggering sending out their offers or something!

I can't wait till September, will (hopefully!) see you there, and I'm sure there will be something on facebook for new students beforehand

i can't wait!! :smile:
good luck with sorting out your accommodations and finance stuff :/
Hi

Goldsmiths were fairly quick for requesting an online portfolio, and then it was over a month before they sent an invitation for an interview. The interview was by far my most difficult (I applied to Kingston, UWE, Manchester and BCU). They were conferentational and unafraid to search for flaws in aspects of work, asking blunt questions such as 'what's the point in your work?'

As a result I was defensive in my interview and felt angry. I feel that it went terribly and have accepted the fact I won't be getting a place at goldsmiths 😞 - did anyone else find this?

I do have a place at all of my other unis such as Kingston (😃) - but Goldsmiths is really the one I'm routing for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 578
I just got an offer from Goldsmiths to study Fine Art and History of Art!!!! :biggrin: so happy!! Best of luck to everyone else!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 579
Original post by Pykettlaura
Hi

Goldsmiths were fairly quick for requesting an online portfolio, and then it was over a month before they sent an invitation for an interview. The interview was by far my most difficult (I applied to Kingston, UWE, Manchester and BCU). They were conferentational and unafraid to search for flaws in aspects of work, asking blunt questions such as 'what's the point in your work?'

As a result I was defensive in my interview and felt angry. I feel that it went terribly and have accepted the fact I won't be getting a place at goldsmiths ������ - did anyone else find this?

I do have a place at all of my other unis such as Kingston (������) - but Goldsmiths is really the one I'm routing for

Posted from TSR Mobile

The guy in my interview asked me if a piece of my work was the kind of thing you would see in a hotel lobby, he also asked me if one of my installations was to be in a building site, if people would just walk over it thinking it was a pile of sh*t? and he also called more than one of my performances ridiculous! He was deliberately winding me up, and I think they did this to most applicants so don't worry. Despite this, I feel weirdly confident about getting a place, but I don't want to get my hopes up..
Good luck with your application, it's my first choice too

Quick Reply

Latest