The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7820
Original post by Boab
Get it up ye? Grow up son!

You more than clearly imply it in your whole post, especially the text I bolded for you.

The old anti-English bigotry card too. Pathetic.

As for your nationality, I couldn't care less. I welcome all races and creeds in Scotland, including the English!

The bit you bolded, if you actually bothered to read it properly, is the rUKs hypothetical reaction to an iScotland reneging on its debt. Do you think the rUK would be happy to help with a cross border pension agreement in such a case? There is no anti-Scottish agenda there so dry your tears.

I know I won't get any actual answers to the economic problems I've raised though because you don't have any. You know that this angle will lose Yes the referendum in the end don't you? People see through it eventually, you have to give answers to the basics instead of going on the attack all the time. Like I've said countless times on here, iScotland is perfectly viable but it's not going to happen as you are saying. No currency union, a proportionate share of the UK national debt. It really is that simple, the rUK is simply in far too strong a position on this for anything else to happen. If it went to tit-for-tat retaliation iScotland would get battered at exactly the point it needs stability the most.

And you assumed that I was English because I was disagreeing with the Yes economic position. Sounds bigoted to me Boaby lad, most English I know don't actually give a toss either way on independence, they just don't want to be stitched up (again) if it does happen.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 1tartanarmy
I can't believe how negative my fellow country man can be...Can't believe these people have such a 'no we cany' attitude and can vote for a kingdom which medels in war after war, gives 11 percent wage rises to MPs while people return food to food banks because they can't afford to cook it!

It beggars belief... a modern day rag mans roll...vote no and what? Wake up shrug your shoulders and carry on with this...vote yes and there is a chance for change...a chance to leave this sinking ship...how bad does it have to get? Disabled peolple having benefits stopped not enough? NHS being slowly destroyed not enough? Royal mail being given away not enough? Thatcherism? Blairism? Austerity? None of these has worked! Its time for change.

Interesting news article.

http://m.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/independence-snp-bullied-bosses-over-currency-1-3362675

I see where you get it from.
Reply 7822
Original post by euphful
Deluded. There's stacks of evidence to highlight the fact that it would be a massive risk to both parties; there's no will for it anywhere other than is Scotland. It won't happen. You're delusional.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Says the guy who attributes Alex Salmond's success to the stupidity of the Scottish electorate.

There's stacks of evidence on both sides. If you were even remotely impartial you could see that.
Reply 7823
Original post by CFL2013
The bit you bolded, if you actually bothered to read it properly, is the rUKs hypothetical reaction to an iScotland reneging on its debt. Do you think the rUK would be happy to help with a cross border pension agreement in such a case? There is no anti-Scottish agenda there so dry your tears.

I know I won't get any actual answers to the economic problems I've raised though because you don't have any. You know that this angle will lose Yes the referendum in the end don't you? People see through it eventually, you have to give answers to the basics instead of going on the attack all the time. Like I've said countless times on here, iScotland is perfectly viable but it's not going to happen as you are saying. No currency union, a proportionate share of the UK national debt. It really is that simple, the rUK is simply in far too strong a position on this for anything else to happen. If it went to tit-for-tat retaliation iScotland would get battered at exactly the point it needs stability the most.

And you assumed that I was English because I was disagreeing with the Yes economic position. Sounds bigoted to me Boaby lad, most English I know don't actually give a toss either way on independence, they just don't want to be stitched up (again) if it does happen.

I did read it properly. Was perfectly obvious what you were implying, both to me and anyone else who can read.

Dry your tears? Both childish and inane.

I don't know we will lose the referendum at all. Even the NO leaders are starting to worry.

Claiming I go on the attack all the time is possibly the most farcical comment read on here yet. All I ever seem to do on here is defend my own position against countless NO voters that lie through their teeth.

Lies such as this. Where did I presume you were English?

Boaby lad? Pathetic again, and bigoted? Nope. As above.
Reply 7824
Original post by euphful
Trident will play a part in any negotiations but I would bet my pension on the fact that there will be no currency union. You are labouring under the impression that the rest of the world is going to dance to the SNP's turn because you've got a bit of oil behind you. It won't happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am labouring under no such impression. I don't know why people on here continually try and warp my viewpoint.

Because Euphful says it won't happen, is that the argument over? Can we all go home now? Might as well tell all these thousands of people they are wasting their time!
Reply 7825
Original post by Boab
I did read it properly. Was perfectly obvious what you were implying, both to me and anyone else who can read.

I implied nothing, it was a clearly hypothetical situation which you're still trying to wiggle out of. Do you think the rUK would agree to cross border pensions if iScotland reneged on the debt? It's a fairly simple question, and it's clear why you won't answer it.

Original post by Boab

NO voters that lie through their teeth.

Original post by Boab
So as someone from down south

Have a lie dowm mate, you're all over the place. :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7826
Original post by Boab

There's stacks of evidence on both sides. If you were even remotely impartial you could see that.

Such as? Because I am impartial and I've never seen it. It would be disastrous for the rUK.
Original post by Boab
I am labouring under no such impression. I don't know why people on here continually try and warp my viewpoint.

e!

Because you warp it yourself.

I know have a nationalist leader telling me we'll have automatic entry to the EU, yet you've admitted we won't.

Seems like the SNP are starting to panic, they are scaring off the very people they need to stay.
'The attitude from Sturgeon that rUK voters don't need or deserve a say in whether there's a currency union, is simply jaw-dropping. What right does this contemptible woman have in telling the citizens of a foreign country (in the event of a Yes vote) what they should and shouldn't have the right to decide? For her to say that a currency union would mean no change to the status quo for rUK means that either she is utterly clueless, or she thinks that the voters are. Furthermore, her statements are the real bullying.

They (Fishies & Swine) are doing huge damage to cross-border relations that have taken generations to build up, stirring up anti-Scots feeling in some quarters that simply wasn't there before. All three come across as utterly dishonest, manipulative and shameless. Most of all, though, they just come across as incompetent. They repeat the same dross week after week, never moving the debate forward, never giving the Scots people the information they actually need to make an informed decision.

If you do vote for independence, make sure you replace these half-wits with politicians who aren't a laughing stock to the outside world. I'm embarrassed for you (and that is meant to be empathetic, not nasty).'
Original post by Cryptographic
Seems like the SNP are starting to panic, they are scaring off the very people they need to stay.

They've been speaking like that for some time.

I you disagree with them you're a traitor/quisling/talking Scotland down etc etc.
Original post by MatureStudent36
They've been speaking like that for some time.

I you disagree with them you're a traitor/quisling/talking Scotland down etc etc.

Lots of people are confusing reality with scaremongering. smh.

Just a suggestion, would anyone be interested in doing mock negotiations? We would need 2 RUK members, 2 Scottish members (pro and against) and the rest act EU countries.
Reply 7833
Original post by CFL2013

(Original post by Boab)
NO voters that lie through their teeth.

(Original post by Boab)
So as someone from down south

Have a lie dowm mate, you're all over the place. :colondollar:

Very clever!
Pray tell me how someone from down south means they are English? You said you were down south, which is what I also said.

Muppet.
Original post by Boab
Very clever!
Pray tell me how someone from down south means they are English? You said you were down south, which is what I also said.

Muppet.

You're not even in Scotland then Boab?

Are you one of these guys?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545901/Cybernats-unmasked-Meet-footsoldiers-pro-Scottish-independence-army-online-poison-shames-Nationalists.html
Reply 7835

No, the muppet is the one from down south. Though apparently by saying that, I have implicated him as English and therefore I am bigoted.

Weird.
Reply 7836

Good good if that keeps you happy, with the real polls only going in one direction.

The voting intentions of 12-17 year olds is always good to know!
Reply 7837
Original post by Boab
Very clever!

Muppet.

Oh god this is painful.

So what did you mean by 'down south' then Boaby boy? Because in a thread about Scottish independence within the UK, I would have thought it's fairly obvious.

Still not answering the economic questions either are we? Deary me. It's almost as if you don't actually have a clue beyond copy and pasting nonsense articles from Wings over Scotland, without actually understanding them.

I've asked about the CU several times but none of you can answer. I'll try the most basic one once again, what do you do for two different economies if they need two different interest rates?
Reply 7838
Original post by CFL2013
Oh god this is painful.

So what did you mean by 'down south' then Boaby boy? Because in a thread about Scottish independence within the UK, I would have thought it's fairly obvious.

It should be painful and embarrassing for you given you can't read and use smilies such as this :colondollar: when you are wrong!

I meant down south, as in thats where you were from, because you said you were from down south.

It is epically obvious. Just because you wish to label me something I am not, you have made a fool out of yourself.
Original post by Boab
Good good if that keeps you happy, with the real polls only going in one direction.

The voting intentions of 12-17 year olds is always good to know!

Slightly older.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/scottish-independence-blog/2013/feb/22/scottish-independence-mock-referendum

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/4940911/

I thought you said you'd got the youth vote seen up?

Latest

Trending

Trending