The Student Room Group

I need "dem" A's

Morning all,

Well I'm in my third day of revision now for my AS Levels in June. It's a bitch. How's it going for you?

My Exams this summer:

Physics OCR A
Chemistry OCR A
Maths - c1,c2,c3,s1,s2
Economics AQA

In all honesty I kinda need AAAB and up. AABB at the worst.

I'd like to do engineering at a london uni and that is the only thing driving me this year. As well to make my family proud etc..

What's your situation currently?
Reply 1
Started this week-ish

AQA Physics
AQA Chemistry (Have the ISA tomorrow :/)
Edexcel Maths - C1, C2, S1 (C1 first exam on 19th May)
Edexcel Biology

Want AAAA, would need AABB however to potentially get offers for my course; Either Natural Sciences or chemistry

How exactly are you revising? I section mine into two categories; past papers and reviewing notes
Reply 2
Original post by TajwarC
Started this week-ish

AQA Physics
Edexcel Biology

Want AAAA, would need AABB however to potentially get offers for my course; Either Natural Sciences or chemistry

How exactly are you revising? I section mine into two categories; past papers and reviewing notes

Hi,

Maths I'm pretty much just doing past papers the whole way (part way through Solomon as of now).
Chemistry is mainly notes, I'm probably going to do some past papers towards the end of this holiday.
Physics, look at model answers and try and gain some understanding. I think you can get away as long as you just know the answers to the questions that have come up in previous years.
Economics, I have extensive revision notes and 20 past papers today this holiday. Was already on an A in mocks however.
Reply 3
Original post by Tom102
Hi,

Maths I'm pretty much just doing past papers the whole way (part way through Solomon as of now).
Chemistry is mainly notes, I'm probably going to do some past papers towards the end of this holiday.
Physics, look at model answers and try and gain some understanding. I think you can get away as long as you just know the answers to the questions that have come up in previous years.
Economics, I have extensive revision notes and 20 past papers today this holiday. Was already on an A in mocks however.

Yeah I'm pretty much doing the same thing. Want to get all the Solomons done for maths and use the Edexcel ones just before the exam. Spending the first week "gaining understanding" then the second on past papers
Reply 4
So cute you all stressing out over A-Levels.
I self taught mine and did well, just relax, bit of light revision, A's are easy to crack. A-Levels are just a numbers game anyway.
need help for aqa conical pendulum isa. have done the one on thermistor
Original post by TheBigJosh
So cute you all stressing out over A-Levels.
I self taught mine and did well, just relax, bit of light revision, A's are easy to crack. A-Levels are just a numbers game anyway.

Hahah well you're not lacking in confidence!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I want to do law at university and need AAA at A2 and a C at AS to do that, so I'm hoping to make my workload less next year by getting straight A's or at least AAAB.
I'm still corroborating all my notes but I've nearly finished. From there I'm going to try and break my notes down even further, and do some flashcards and timelines on information. I'll also do as many past papers as I possibly can :smile:
Original post by TajwarC
Started this week-ish

AQA Physics
Edexcel Biology

Which ISA did you do? The group 2 one or titrations? I did titrations

Which ISA did you do for physics? I did both...electricity was hard, harder than refraction.
Reply 9
Original post by Me123456789
Which ISA did you do? The group 2 one or titrations? I did titrations

Which ISA did you do for physics? I did both...electricity was hard, harder than refraction.

Titrations for chemistry and resistance for physics
Reply 10
Has anybody done the group 2 ISA for chemistry whos willing to help me out a bit?
Reply 11
Original post by A future Midwife

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's true though....
Original post by A future Midwife

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's all about your subject. OP wants to do engineering in a london uni (I'm guessing Imperial/UCL/wherever) and that Josh guy does languages at Leeds...no wonder josh thinks A level was easy, pfft. :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest