The Student Room Group

A levels sociology

Hello friends !

I'm an A levels student giving attempt of A2 Economics and Sociology AS/A2 this may/June 2014 session.

I am taking classes from my Economics teacher but studying Sociology As/A2 both, individually and found it hard to prepare thought every day where to start and can't even started preparing and time is very short running out.

So any of friend here studying Sociology suggest me what to do or give me any use full notes or even guide me to use any use full source, any type of help will be appreciated from me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by bilal587
Hello friends !

I'm an A levels student giving attempt of A2 Economics attempt this may/June 2014 session.

I am taking classes from my Economics teacher but studying Sociology As/A2 both, individually and found it hard to prepare thought every day where to start and can't even started preparing and time is very short running out.

So any of friend here studying Sociology suggest me what to do or give me any use full notes or even guide me to use any use full source, any type of help will be appreciated from me.

Hey, I did AS sociology last year and dropped it this year :3

I'd advice you to make ample cue cards with all the sociologist's names and theories!!! Well, first read the book once or twice to get a general gist of things, then simply make 232498274 cue cards about the theories, their meaning/interpretation/criticism etc.

I agree time is running out, but don't panic, you can still do very well :biggrin:

Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by R Dragon
Hey, I did AS sociology last year and dropped it this year :3I'd advice you to make ample cue cards with all the sociologist's names and theories!!! Well, first read the book once or twice to get a general gist of things, then simply make 232498274 cue cards about the theories, their meaning/interpretation/criticism etc. I agree time is running out, but don't panic, you can still do very well :biggrin: Good luck
Why u dropped u find it hard to do or just lose interest ? I decided to go with this subject just because I thought it might be easy to do it but its quite lenthgy I'm studying book of Andy Barnard, Terry Burgess I'm looking for some easy solution to prepare and the problem is I can't find any solved past papers of Sociology in market
Why u dropped u find it hard to do or just lose interest ? I decided to go with this subject just because I thought it might be easy to do it but its quite lenthgy I'm studying book of Andy Barnard, Terry Burgess I'm looking for some easy solution to prepare and the problem is I can't find any solved past papers of Sociology in market

I took 5 AS subjects: Biology, sociology, chemistry, maths and Arabic... sociology was by far my worst subject xD I hated it so much, hated the content, my teacher's teaching methods etc.

Hmm... what exam board are you doing? I remember the Collins book was good but way too lengthy, but the harlambos book was much much better and much more concise with example essay answers.

The mark scheme provided for past papers was good enough though as an example answer, wasn't it? I mean it had the basic points and you just had to integrate them in your answer? Maybe it depends on the exam board idk
Reply 4
I took 5 AS subjects: Biology, sociology, chemistry, maths and Arabic... sociology was by far my worst subject xD I hated it so much, hated the content, my teacher's teaching methods etc. Hmm... what exam board are you doing? I remember the Collins book was good but way too lengthy, but the harlambos book was much much better and much more concise with example essay answers.The mark scheme provided for past papers was good enough though as an example answer, wasn't it? I mean it had the basic points and you just had to integrate them in your answer? Maybe it depends on the exam board idk
I found this subject boring material concept is just like fiction.Don't know board thing its just CIE examinationAnd yes I heard about Harlambos book from my friend and thinking to buy it.S-cool website notes will help did u try any of those ?
I found this subject boring material concept is just like fiction.Don't know board thing its just CIE examinationAnd yes I heard about Harlambos book from my friend and thinking to buy it.S-cool website notes will help did u try any of those ?

Haha, so true!!! Yeah, I did another board, but the content is still pretty much the same xD yes, definitely buy the Haralambos book, it's really worth the money :biggrin: I never actually knew about S-cool website until I started year 13 >.> but as long as you know the sociologists and their theories, I'm confident you can get atleast a C!
Reply 6
Haha, so true!!! Yeah, I did another board, but the content is still pretty much the same xD yes, definitely buy the Haralambos book, it's really worth the money :biggrin: I never actually knew about S-cool website until I started year 13 >.> but as long as you know the sociologists and their theories, I'm confident you can get atleast a C!

Bro got my Paper 1 my friend gives my Family notes thanks to him but now its mighty paper 2 coming

Quick Reply

Latest