The Student Room Group

what did you get/ask for for your 18th?

Scroll to see replies

A trip to Australia and a trip to Patagonia plus Lorde's Pure Heroine album on the day :smile: The Aussie trip was as an assistant on my dad's business trip but I was working half of it so the present was the payment for an extra week after the business part with travelling and camping over the country :biggrin: The Patagonia trip was a volunteering thing I won through a competition but I had to raise £2500. I was added 6 months after they chose the winners because someone dropped out so I didn't manage to raise all the money in such a short time and they covered it for me.

I'm unbelievably grateful to my parents for this and it's definitely something I'll remember my whole life :smile: The album was just something I fancied and they wanted to give me something material as well.
Reply 41
Original post by flyyoufools
A trip to Australia and a trip to Patagonia plus Lorde's Pure Heroine album on the day :smile: The Aussie trip was as an assistant on my dad's business trip but I was working half of it so the present was the payment for an extra week after the business part with travelling and camping over the country :biggrin: The Patagonia trip was a volunteering thing I won through a competition but I had to raise £2500. I was added 6 months after they chose the winners because someone dropped out so I didn't manage to raise all the money in such a short time and they covered it for me.

I'm unbelievably grateful to my parents for this and it's definitely something I'll remember my whole life :smile: The album was just something I fancied and they wanted to give me something material as well.

thats fab, travelling is so fun and you get so many memories!
Original post by ukulele
going there in the summer!!

going clubbing as soon as exams are over when all my friends are 18, sooo excited!

:frown:

lucky!

I didn't get one though. Maybe OP should ask for one
Reply 43
Original post by Softy31
Pandas are better! :angry: :wink:

But actually I had nothing to do with this; when I was small my family member was washing them and somehow they drowned...I don't remember exactly how :frown:

Pandas are better, only a fool would disagree :pierre:
But that's sad about your rabbits, nonetheless :frown:
Reply 44
My mum took me and a few friends up to Edinburgh for a four day bender :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by ninuzu
Pandas are better, only a fool would disagree :pierre:
But that's sad about your rabbits, nonetheless :frown:

Agree - those miserable fools :wink:
And yeap... I had a hedgehog for a pet too... and we sold him away because he became too obese and would bite people's toes... :biggrin:
Reply 46
Mostly a meal out with my family and a laptop :smile: My friend got me a shirt saying 'I DON'T SHAVE FOR SHERLOCK' which i spazzed about for AGES and my other friend is taking me out next week. The only thing i'm annoyed is that my boyfriend didn't show much interest for my birthday. I'M SO ANNOYED.
Reply 47
Original post by Softy31
Agree - those miserable fools :wink:
And yeap... I had a hedgehog for a pet too... and we sold him away because he became too obese and would bite people's toes... :biggrin:

I had a hedgehog in my garden if that counts? :colondollar: :wink:
Also, my friend has tortoises, and when they hibernated one winter, he thought they'd ran away :rofl:
Reply 48
Original post by Anonymousgirll
I didn't get one though. Maybe OP should ask for one

I would but i haven't learned to drive yet and i don't feel ready to
Original post by Yasmin25
My mum took me and a few friends up to Edinburgh for a four day bender :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

nice :smile:
Original post by Annaphora
Mostly a meal out with my family and a laptop :smile: My friend got me a shirt saying 'I DON'T SHAVE FOR SHERLOCK' which i spazzed about for AGES and my other friend is taking me out next week. The only thing i'm annoyed is that my boyfriend didn't show much interest for my birthday. I'M SO ANNOYED.

that sounds really good, apart from your boyfriend not showing an interest, not very nice of him :s-smilie:
Reply 49
Original post by ukulele
I would but i haven't learned to drive yet and i don't feel ready to

nice :smile:

that sounds really good, apart from your boyfriend not showing an interest, not very nice of him :s-smilie:

It was awesome. I was like what!? seriously?? couldn't believe my parents got me a laptop. I'm so grateful right now and I've told them not to get me anything for the next couple of years because the laptop itself is pretty expensive.

And yeah, I'm so upset =/ Like, he doesn't even need to buy me anything but, maybe he could organise a movie date or something where we just watch a movie on TV as a present but nothing. He was just like oh, happy birthday. Anyway, I'm going to go for a nap, i'll talk to you later
Reply 50
It was awesome. I was like what!? seriously?? couldn't believe my parents got me a laptop. I'm so grateful right now and I've told them not to get me anything for the next couple of years because the laptop itself is pretty expensive.

And yeah, I'm so upset =/ Like, he doesn't even need to buy me anything but, maybe he could organise a movie date or something where we just watch a movie on TV as a present but nothing. He was just like oh, happy birthday. Anyway, I'm going to go for a nap, i'll talk to you later

thats such a great present!
bit unfair of him
Reply 51
Original post by ukulele
thats such a great present!
bit unfair of him

YEAHH <3 and i know right :c My birthday was like on tuesday as well. OH WELL, i'll stop whining now XD
How was your 18th
Reply 52
YEAHH <3 and i know right :c My birthday was like on tuesday as well. OH WELL, i'll stop whining now XD
How was your 18th

happy birthday for tuesday!
haven't had it yet, its in may :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by ukulele
happy birthday for tuesday!
haven't had it yet, its in may :smile:

Ah thank you!
And whoooaa okaay! :smile:
Reply 54
My sister rent a place for a weekend and threw me a big party, and from my family I got money as well, a digital camera from my parents, and other stuff like clothes / accessories/ jewelry/ make up from my friends.
Reply 55
I've not turned 18, but I got tickets for a music festival for one of my birthdays which was great. I think material presents aren't that great because you can just end up with stuff that you end up not using which just get lost or become clutter.
So if I were you, I would definitely ask for concert tickets or something similar. A trip to Dubai also sounds good but incredibly expensive.
Reply 56
I didn't get anything.

We had a family gathering/party with lots of nice food though.
lol I didn't want anything. Just asked my mum to bake a cake. My dad's getting me an epicly expensive computer this year though.
Mates threw me a surprise party, which was really nice.

Got a new laptop from mum and dad + the old family heirloom watch was handed down to me.
I got the Oxford Bible companion and some other stuff I can't remember.

Quick Reply

Latest