The Student Room Group

Nottingham A101 2014 ENTRY

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EBG92
I am in you position, I got rejected from Warwick yesterday and I thought the interview went quite well and felt Nottingham was harder and not holding much hope. If I get rejected I have no clue what I will do maybe look at PHD in a research field as I have a 1st in Biomed, I hope we find out soon but at the same time I'm not looking forward to a more than likely rejection email.

Do you remember if decisions come by email/ucas? I could have sworn we'd hear by post or something. Might have dreamt it.
Reply 101
Original post by muppetmaster
Do you remember if decisions come by email/ucas? I could have sworn we'd hear by post or something. Might have dreamt it.

I'll be honest I think its post ... :frown: worse thing is they only interview people twice, do you know if we can get feedback after we hear
Reply 102
Hey muppetmaster I looked up last years thread and last year the last interview was on the 29th March and Offers went out via post and were received on the 5th April. If today is the last day hopefully we shall hear soon (FINGERS CROSSED FOR AN OFFER!!!)
Here's hoping! Had my interview on Tuesday and definitely buggered up some stations; perhaps I'll get waitlisted if I'm lucky.
Reply 104
Original post by fleur_de_haine
Here's hoping! Had my interview on Tuesday and definitely buggered up some stations; perhaps I'll get waitlisted if I'm lucky.

Without giving anything away, confidentiality and that, which ones did you struggle on ?
Original post by EBG92
Without giving anything away, confidentiality and that, which ones did you struggle on ?

I'm not sure I could say without giving it away. Only one springs to mind as being truly disastrous, and strangely it was related to the theme I had expected to be able to respond to best. It's funny how it works eh, I'll just think of it as practice for next year.
Reply 106
So are all the interviews done now ??
Original post by EBG92

I believe there might be some today, as Sarb said that the 11th would be 'a week after the last interviews'.
Reply 108
I believe there might be some today, as Sarb said that the 11th would be 'a week after the last interviews'.
Thank you for the information :biggrin: I hope everyone on this thread gets an offer
Original post by EBG92
Thank you for the information :biggrin: I hope everyone on this thread gets an offer

Here's hoping. I find myself increasingly sure that I won't however. The moreni reflect on my interview the more I resign myself to another application cycle.
Reply 110
Here's hoping. I find myself increasingly sure that I won't however. The moreni reflect on my interview the more I resign myself to another application cycle.
Since my warwick rejection I have been doing this too I look back thinking I must have sounded so inexperienced even though I have plenty. I'm guessing if today is the last day then we'll find out late next week via post :frown: god I'm dreading opening a rejection.
Reply 111
Original post by EBG92

Yup today was the last day of round 2. Letter said well hear by 18 April but last year got a shock receiving a rejection it a week earlier than expected. They gave an approximate date in weeks not an exact one like this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EBG92
Since my warwick rejection I have been doing this too I look back thinking I must have sounded so inexperienced even though I have plenty. I'm guessing if today is the last day then we'll find out late next week via post :frown: god I'm dreading opening a rejection.

I'm expecting a rejection but hoping for a miracle. I left my interview feeling largely positive but it didn't last.
Reply 113
I hope you dont mind me posting here. I got a ucas track update and I thought it was nottingham but it was a swansea rejection. They said anyone who didnt hear last month was on the waiting list. has anyone else received this. I am really hoping its a mistake. They wouldn't reject waiting listers till the very end surely :-(
Reply 114
Original post by Suprnova
I hope you dont mind me posting here. I got a ucas track update and I thought it was nottingham but it was a swansea rejection. They said anyone who didnt hear last month was on the waiting list. has anyone else received this. I am really hoping its a mistake. They wouldn't reject waiting listers till the very end surely :-(

Oh god I'm on the waiting list too and haven't heard yet so I'm guessing I'll get that soon, man i'm sorry about your rejection check their fb page
Reply 115
I tried to ring but its constantly busy. that's why I thought it could be a mistake. The facebook page says they will be giving offers and rejections from the reserve list. I mis read that when I first read it last month. what is the point of a reserve list if you are giving offers and rejections from it? That isnt a reserve list :-(. Nottingham now for me is more important that ever as im on the waiting list for SGUL too. I think its because of my low Gamsat putting me at the bottom of the pile every time.
Reply 116
Original post by Suprnova
I tried to ring but its constantly busy. that's why I thought it could be a mistake. The facebook page says they will be giving offers and rejections from the reserve list. I mis read that when I first read it last month. what is the point of a reserve list if you are giving offers and rejections from it? That isnt a reserve list :-(. Nottingham now for me is more important that ever as im on the waiting list for SGUL too. I think its because of my low Gamsat putting me at the bottom of the pile every time.

What was your GAMSAT if you don't mind me asking mine was 61 and I've not heard from Swansea yet. But I saw that damnsaiyan got an offer. Like I get fill up the places from the reserve list top down and when they are full reject, in one clean sweep, the rest but why send out an offer/rejection of two different people at the same time that's madness
Reply 117
Original post by EBG92
What was your GAMSAT if you don't mind me asking mine was 61 and I've not heard from Swansea yet. But I saw that damnsaiyan got an offer. Like I get fill up the places from the reserve list top down and when they are full reject, in one clean sweep, the rest but why send out an offer/rejection of two different people at the same time that's madness

my gamsat is 57 officially or 60 the alternate way. swansea uses the official one they said so I just scraped the interview. I rang admissions this morning asking if they could give any more information which they couldnt, and then I got the ucas track update. They said they offer even weeks before the course starts. Why say there is a reserve when its just a list of people they still need to make a decision on. I was under the impression I had a shot, when in reality they probably hadn't even made a decision.

I think we are in a similar position. ive only got sgul for which im number 20 on the waiting list. ive read places have been massively cut, so in previous years I would have a chance; now im not so sure. It seems nottingham is my only chance now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 118
Wow this thread is nerve wracking! I am planning to apply to Notts for 2015 as my first choice, so I wish everyone who is still waiting to hear the best of luck.

Regarding the reserved/waiting list I can only imagine they are awaiting for some potential students to confirm whether their offer has been accepted/rejected before they can offer those places to people on the reserved/waiting list.
Has anyone had any post yet? I don't like this waiting...:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending