The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawn_o1
Oh dear, West Brom are becoming a laughing stock. Anelka banned, then sacked. Berahino now probably getting the boot too. Won't be surprised if they join you guys next year.

Are you a West Brom fan by any chance?
Original post by Scott129
Are you a West Brom fan by any chance?

No, but even Newcastle's joke 2008-09 season didn't spare them from the drop
Original post by dhlody20

League Two: Promoted: Rochdale, Chesterfied, Scunthorpe & Fleetwood
Relegated: Torquay & Northampton

Original post by Jangrafess
Seems fairly accurate.

I'll go with:

League Two: Scunny, Rochdale, Chesterfield, Fleetwood and Relegated: Torquay & Cobblers

neither of you going for southend in the playoffs... heartbreaking :'(
Northampton getting relegated would be delicious karma for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joe Mattock making a mistake leading to a Leicester goal is one of the most enjoyable sights ever, for a supposed Leicester born and bred player, a city fan he treated us with incredible disrespect...
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Joe Mattock making a mistake leading to a Leicester goal is one of the most enjoyable sights ever, for a supposed Leicester born and bred player, a city fan he treated us with incredible disrespect...

I forgot we were playing you :frown: we're gunna get a spanking :wink:

Joe Fattock has decided to become a footballer in these last months somewhat. Still a tail though.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I forgot we were playing you :frown: we're gunna get a spanking :wink:

Joe Fattock has decided to become a footballer in these last months somewhat. Still a tail though.

He was a decent player in the L1 season, but you won't find a city fan with a good thing to say about him - went off on international duty preseason 2009/10, handed in a transfer request while away and refused to return until he got his move away. Pretty despicable move, particularly for a supposed fan (fan in the sense of those on this thread, not the Robbie Keane definition)
He was a decent player in the L1 season, but you won't find a city fan with a good thing to say about him - went off on international duty preseason 2009/10, handed in a transfer request while away and refused to return until he got his move away. Pretty despicable move, particularly for a supposed fan (fan in the sense of those on this thread, not the Robbie Keane definition)

I think that may even beat Leon Clarke feigning injury so he could engineer a move to Wolves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
I think that may even beat Leon Clarke feigning injury so he could engineer a move to Wolves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eh, both are massive dick moves but what do you expect from a sport where the world governing body consider telling a player they're under contract and to honour that contract slavery?

Blatter can't leave the sport quickly enough.
Original post by Sam Jackson
neither of you going for southend in the playoffs... heartbreaking :'(

Sorry, Southend is a fairly sympathetic club. Would like to see them promoted next season. But with the automatic promotion places practically dealt out already, I can't see anyway up to Southend. Fleetwood and Burton are simply too good in the play-offs :biggrin:

Could be also wrong :eek:
Eh, both are massive dick moves but what do you expect from a sport where the world governing body consider telling a player they're under contract and to honour that contract slavery?

Blatter will leave and his right hand man Platini will probably come in, doubt we'll see much of a change.

There are many things wrong with football and he is one of them. Platini is another I want out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dhlody20
Sorry, Southend is a fairly sympathetic club. Would like to see them promoted next season. But with the automatic promotion places practically dealt out already, I can't see anyway up to Southend. Fleetwood and Burton are simply too good in the play-offs :biggrin:

Could be also wrong :eek:

i'm hoping that we can do it, we were doing so well up until the start of january and then the awful 13 game winless run came knocking and we were knocked out of automatics and have only just managed to cling on to a playoff place... let's hope we'll be like crewe 2 seasons ago and go on a late run giving us confidence going into the semi's.
Original post by Sam Jackson
i'm hoping that we can do it, we were doing so well up until the start of january and then the awful 13 game winless run came knocking and we were knocked out of automatics and have only just managed to cling on to a playoff place... let's hope we'll be like crewe 2 seasons ago and go on a late run giving us confidence going into the semi's.

How is big Freddie doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is big Freddie doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

not great to be honest, but it was never likely that he was going to be anywhere near s good as his former self. He scored 5 earlier in the season and we thought he was going to do really well this season but then didn't score again until last week. He can be a very useful impact sub though with his knowledge of the game, shame he doesn't have the legs for it anymore.
Reply 815
E I E I E I O
Up the football league we go!

Okay, so it may have been a foregone conclusion anyway, and still not mathematically certain (that'll be Tuesday, I reckon), but I'm very happy with that result tonight and in the mood for a bit of celebration :biggrin:
Northampton getting relegated would be delicious karma for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I reckon Northampton will stay up this year. I saw them at Fleetwood in February (when they seemed dead and buried) and played pretty well despite losing 2-0. They've pulled a few points back and I reckon they'll make it.

I'll brace myself for the wrath of the Midlander now...
Reply 817
We're all but promoted πŸŽ‰
Wednesday weren't a bad side but our individuals shone through a scrappy game.

Can't wait for Tuesday.
Meh i'm not too worried with that result :smile: could have been a lot worse. I can't wait for this season to finish atm, feels like we have nothing to play for anymore. I hope we show a lot more ambition this summer in the transfer window.
Reply 819
york city for play-offs hopefully. Unbeaten in 11.

Quick Reply

Latest