The Student Room Group

GCSE- How to revise for science in a month?

I stupidly did not take science seriously at all, I am doing AQA foundation science and I need to know nearly all B1, B2, C1, C2, P1 & P2 in a month or two. Is there any way I can do this? I don't really know how to revise for science :/
Reply 1
This is so possible. Start by condensing the information into notes then as a lot of years repeat or have similar questions, past papers past papers past papers!
Don't worry too much.

I forgot about my physics GCSE until the night before when I checked my timetable.

Use the my-sciencegcse man. He is a GOD.

Do lots of practice papers and make sure you learn the specification.

Good luck!
do a few practice papers and then note down all of the areas you really don't understand. then id suggest constructing mind maps for all of these topics... use the internet or revision books. stick them on your wall or something so you see them every day. if your school uses GCSEPod, thats really useful too!
From experience, id say that the hardest modules out of those are C1 and P1. But i suppose thats down to preference. Seriously though, you defo have enough time to save yourself... keep plugging away and it'll be worth it when you get your results! hope it goes well!
Original post by ILovePancakes
Don't worry too much.

I forgot about my physics GCSE until the night before when I checked my timetable.

Good luck!

The night before?! :rofl:
Original post by WanderingWorrier
The night before?! :rofl:

Yes :frown: At about seven that night.. Luckily it was for the separate science unit and so there were only four units. I did the first three that night and learnt the fourth one the next morning on the train to school....
Yes :frown: At about seven that night.. Luckily it was for the separate science unit and so there were only four units. I did the first three that night and learnt the fourth one the next morning on the train to school....

Impressive. P3 isn't an easy one to learn xD Out of curiosity, what did you get?
Impressive. P3 isn't an easy one to learn xD Out of curiosity, what did you get?

You're going to think I'm lying..

Somehow I managed 100 UMS :lolwut:
I think my examiner was high or something..
You're going to think I'm lying..

Somehow I managed 100 UMS :lolwut:
I think my examiner was high or something..

JEEZ. That's amazing :O
Perhaps that is a technique I should try out for my exams :tongue:
JEEZ. That's amazing :O
Perhaps that is a technique I should try out for my exams :tongue:

Haha, go for it :tongue: I always find that last minute revision under pressure wields higher results.
Haha, go for it :tongue: I always find that last minute revision under pressure wields higher results.

Yeah xD I've never understood how people can start months before an exam. Surely you get bored of going over the sane things again and again? And how do you remember it when you did it ages before the exam xD
Yeah xD I've never understood how people can start months before an exam. Surely you get bored of going over the sane things again and again? And how do you remember it when you did it ages before the exam xD

Exactly! Earliest I've ever started proper revision is a week before.

Yeah I find this to be true but it ISN'T FUN!
Reply 13
Simply? Pray.
Exactly! Earliest I've ever started proper revision is a week before.

Yeah :tongue: I always intend to start early, but never do xD
Reply 15
Don't worry too much.

Good luck!

I've tried with that guy but when I watched the videos it doesn't stay in my head, is there anything I should do while watching the video or something?
Original post by nathaniakyra
I've tried with that guy but when I watched the videos it doesn't stay in my head, is there anything I should do while watching the video or something?

Make notes? Do the exercises he does as he does them, so you can check how you're doing as he goes along.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending