The Student Room Group

Why is it OK for a woman in her mid-late 20's to go out with a teenage boy...

But it isnt ok for a guy in his mid late- 20s to go out with a teenage girl?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Define "teenage" in this context.
18-18 yr olds are still teens
Reply 3
Erm, both are considered somewhat unusual.
Because girls are more vulnerable.
Original post by LazyBazooka

Really?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
i thought girls matured faster that boys... i think both are okay

lol.

Anyway I went out with a 23 year old when I was 18. Would do it again, it was hella fun :biggrin:

Unfortunately she was cheating on her boyfriend that I didn't know about. But I didn't care that much. Was just disappointing she was a sloot.
Because apparently a guy dating someone younger than him is "pervy", and of course, only men can be "pervs" according to many in society.

Yes. How often do you see a man get abused in a relationship?
Reply 10
What could an older woman possibly get out of dating an 18 year old boy? Unless it's some sort of fetish, I don't see anything else coming out of it.
Reply 11
Well, how old are we talking? I'd find it odd for a 29 year old woman/man to be dating a 16 year old boy/girl. 29 and 18 doesn't seem so bad though.
Reply 12
Original post by Helenia
Erm, both are considered somewhat unusual.

This. I'm 29 and if one of my friends started dating a teenage boy I would think it was a little odd...

You don't often see abuse, which is the point. Women also tend to be much more manipulative and emotionally abusive than men and men tend to be more physically abusive. I know it's a generalisation, but I think it's true.
because its legal :biggrin:
Reply 15
Don't see a problem, unless the teenager is under 18.
Reply 16

That's an incredibly narrow minded view. A man would never want to admit it based on perceptions of how a man should act. Men are abused, but they might not see it as such, specifically if they think abuse is just physical (which it certainly isn't). Emotional abuse is still classed as domestic violence. Equally, men are sexually assaulted by others (although in this case that may be more frequent by other men)...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by RwLovett
That's an incredibly narrow minded view. A man would never want to admit it based on perceptions of how a man should act. Men are abused, but they might not see it as such, specifically if they think abuse is just physical (which it certainly isn't). Emotional abuse is still classed as domestic violence. Equally, men are sexually assaulted by others (although in this case that may be more frequent by other men)...

Posted from TSR Mobile

When two men a week are killed by their female partners, as women are by their male partners, maybe we can start talking equality of abuse between the sexes.
Quite a few of my friends (at least over 16) have been out with mid 20s, even 30s year old guys and not get too much bad mouthing from it really .. The worst comment one got were more racist based as they were from different ethnic groups than age...

Also I've found the older guys were being the one manipulated not the younger girls >.<

So I'd tend to say it's the other way around from my experience anyways OP
Reply 19
I don't know if it's ok or not ok, but I'm sure most guys wouldn't be complaining. And if they do complain, they're almost certainly closet homosexuals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending