The Student Room Group

English Literature AS (AQA SPEC B) LITB1: Aspects of Narrative May 2014 HELP!

Hi guys. Just wondering if I could get any help on revising for the Aspects of Narrative exam in May this year. I am studying Pride and Prejudice, The Kite Runner, poems by W.H. Auden and poems by Christina Rossetti. I feel ok on P&P and Auden if I have to do either for Section A (the "How is the story told in..." question and as my teacher calls it the "lively debate" question), however I am less confident on Rossetti and completely lost on Kite Runner! Anyone able to give me any tips for either on these two for both Section's A and B? Feel free if you have any tips on Auden and P&P, the more help the better! Thanks a lot guys :smile:
Which Rossetti poems are you studying? My teacher loves mindmap formats. Pick an aspect of narrative, find some quotes, then analyse. If it's analysis you're lacking then I could give you a wee summary of some of the poems :smile: We've not actually started the Kite Runner, so I can't help you there :/
Original post by thealrightgatsby
Which Rossetti poems are you studying? My teacher loves mindmap formats. Pick an aspect of narrative, find some quotes, then analyse. If it's analysis you're lacking then I could give you a wee summary of some of the poems :smile: We've not actually started the Kite Runner, so I can't help you there :/

The poems we are studying are...
The Convent Threshold (HELP)
Cousin Kate (HELP)
Goblin Market
Jessie Cameron
Maude Clare (HELP)
A Royal Princess
In the Round Tower at Jhansi, June 8, 1857
An Apple-Gathering
Sister Maude

The ones I've put (HELP) on are the ones I need most help with. Open to points on any of the other poems, but these ones in particular I struggle with :/ Thanks!
Original post by northwestsixth
The poems we are studying are...
The Convent Threshold (HELP)
Cousin Kate (HELP)
Goblin Market
Jessie Cameron
Maude Clare (HELP)
A Royal Princess
In the Round Tower at Jhansi, June 8, 1857
An Apple-Gathering
Sister Maude

The ones I've put (HELP) on are the ones I need most help with. Open to points on any of the other poems, but these ones in particular I struggle with :/ Thanks!

Hey! I'm uploading notes on the whole of the LITB1 exam over *here* currently I'm uploading Tennyson stuff but after that I'll be putting up notes and essays on the Rossetti poems you've mentioned!:colondollar:
Reply 4
What help do you need on The Kite Runner?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anything on Kite Runner that will get me to an A! :smile:
How is everyone doing with this subject. I honestly can't bring myself to revise it it's crazy. I just find it so difficult. Any tips? : )
I'm more worried about the last, big question because I'm not really sure what to include and draw on (I'm an external candidate).

Also, I don't feel like I'm the only person that's kind of already selected which text to do the in-depth questions on?

Original post by northwestsixth
Anything on Kite Runner that will get me to an A! :smile:

I got the York notes on The Kite Runner on a whim and looking through them recently, they're actually quite helpful for this exam (goes through all the criteria for the first question and highlights all the themes and stuff too).
Original post by elysiafarrow
Hey! I'm uploading notes on the whole of the LITB1 exam over *here* currently I'm uploading Tennyson stuff but after that I'll be putting up notes and essays on the Rossetti poems you've mentioned!:colondollar:

Wow, very useful blog! It's good to look for alternative interpretations to the text, so thank you! :smile:
I honestly haven't started revising for this subject because I honestly don't know how to unlike all my other subjects which i started rvising long ago. I am defiantly going to FAIL. Oh well. : (. How is everyone else finding this subject? : ) anyone else in the same position?
Original post by Emelia_2468
I honestly haven't started revising for this subject because I honestly don't know how to unlike all my other subjects which i started rvising long ago. I am defiantly going to FAIL. Oh well. : (. How is everyone else finding this subject? : ) anyone else in the same position?

As long as you know the texts and vaguely know what to include in the essays, you should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest