The Student Room Group

More Islamic extremism in schools- time for a ban?

Poll

Should Islamic schools be banned

This time an assembly was held to praise an Al Qaeda terrorist with teachers endorsing the terrorists actions. It also says that non muslim staff are being driven out and female sutdents are being treated.

Several muslim schools in the area are under investigation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2595860/Children-secondary-school-infiltrated-Muslim-extremists-listened-assembly-praising-Al-Qaeda-leader-say-teachers.html

Is it time to ban Islamic schools?

Scroll to see replies

The link to the daily mail just screams 'not to be taken seriously' to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Daily Mail.....you serious? *sigh*
Original post by Ace123
This time an assembly was held to praise an Al Qaeda terrorist with teachers endorsing the terrorists actions. It also says that non muslim staff are being driven out and female sutdents are being treated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2595860/Children-secondary-school-infiltrated-Muslim-extremists-listened-assembly-praising-Al-Qaeda-leader-say-teachers.html

Did they praise his 16 or 17 year old son was killed for no reason also?
Reply 4
we just shouldn't have faith schools in general.
Reply 5
Original post by mujahideen4life
Lol

Anwar Al-Awlaki is not a leader of Al Qaeda

I praise him to the fullest also, he was a righteous martyr.

I praise Mr Drone.
Reply 6
Original post by Ace123

I think using the Daily Mail as your reference (in any part of life) kind of neutralizes any previous intellect. They also include articles on Michelle Keegan's latest bikini, and how Kim Kardashian was checking her bum out in a reflection...(yes, I checked)
Reply 7
Original post by Ace123
thanks for completing proving the argument another muslim nut supporting 'martyrs'

he is a troll look at his name i doubt he is a muslim just a nut
Reply 8
No. Parents have the right to send their children to a school that will instil their values.
Also you'd be surprised that many children who go to faith schools actually reject the faith at the end. Many children start to question and this is never a bad thing.

By the way I am an atheist who thinks religion is silly but I am tolerant of others beliefs.
wow, I'm surprised at you guys - what about freedom of religion? how can we allow a religion like islam to be banned and not religions like judaism? :lol:
Reply 10
Original post by Sunny_Smiles
wow, I'm surprised at you guys - what about freedom of religion? how can we allow a religion like islam to be banned and not religions like judaism? :lol:

Most people are saying that all religious schools should be banned, not just Islamic ones.
Original post by james22
Most people are saying that all religious schools should be banned, not just Islamic ones.

well, surely private schools that aren't forced upon people are all right, though? I'd know what you mean if you were talking about religious state schools :lol: those ones are a bit of a joke to be honest - religion shouldn't be institutionalised by a government like it still is to some extent today
Reply 12
well, surely private schools that aren't forced upon people are all right, though? I'd know what you mean if you were talking about religious state schools :lol: those ones are a bit of a joke to be honest - religion shouldn't be institutionalised by a government like it still is to some extent today

They are foced on people, they are forced on children by their parents.
Original post by james22
They are foced on people, they are forced on children by their parents.

yeah but surely they are legitimate in making those kinds of decisions, unlike the government? parents surely have some kind of right in terms of what their children learn, right? if not then there's basically a policy against parents teaching religion to their kids, and although I am an atheist and completely against religion when it is used to make people hate others for no good reason, I at least think that parents are the only people in a child's life that have any right in controlling what they learn (e.g. they control what they see on TV, what kind of kids they're allowed to play with, etc)
Reply 14
yeah but surely they are legitimate in making those kinds of decisions, unlike the government? parents surely have some kind of right in terms of what their children learn, right? if not then there's basically a policy against parents teaching religion to their kids, and although I am an atheist and completely against religion when it is used to make people hate others for no good reason, I at least think that parents are the only people in a child's life that have any right in controlling what they learn (e.g. they control what they see on TV, what kind of kids they're allowed to play with, etc)

I don't think parents should have full rights over what their child does and does not learn. They can teach them what they like at home (within reason) but I think that all schooling should conform to a certain standard, and that being one which does not push any particular religion on them.
Original post by james22
I don't think parents should have full rights over what their child does and does not learn. They can teach them what they like at home (within reason) but I think that all schooling should conform to a certain standard, and that being one which does not push any particular religion on them.

yeah but private schools and homes are both non-governmental - what's the significant difference?
Reply 16
yeah but private schools and homes are both non-governmental - what's the significant difference?

Private schools are fine, but they should still be forced to conform to a certain standard. Being non-governmental is not the problem, it's what they teach that is.
Original post by james22
Private schools are fine, but they should still be forced to conform to a certain standard. Being non-governmental is not the problem, it's what they teach that is.

if parents are allowed to teach kids what they want, why wouldn't they be allowed to send their kids to schools that teach religions as facts? again, I'm not saying that this would be good, in fact I'd say it would be cruel to do that to an unsuspecting kid, but I wouldn't be able to say that the government should claim to be a better parent than the parents themselves - surely that's not the job of the government? if they were physically abusing the kid then that's different but teaching kids things that are subjective surely is outside their area of power?
Reply 18
Daily mail not a reliable source

there is a coordinated attempt by michael gove and his buddies in the media to create a pretext to shut down muslim schools by spreading false information and create a atmosphere of fear
Reply 19
if parents are allowed to teach kids what they want, why wouldn't they be allowed to send their kids to schools that teach religions as facts? again, I'm not saying that this would be good, in fact I'd say it would be cruel to do that to an unsuspecting kid, but I wouldn't be able to say that the government should claim to be a better parent than the parents themselves - surely that's not the job of the government? if they were physically abusing the kid then that's different but teaching kids things that are subjective surely is outside their area of power?

Should we be allowed to send children to schools that teach white supremacy, communism and facism as good things? Schools should be places where children learn the facts only. Teaching religion as fact is completely wrong, we may as well teach the flat earth theory as fact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending