The Student Room Group

Msc Occupational Therapy (pre-reg) applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Hi Eliza; I'm glad I'm not the only one who is getting worried about the deadline fast approaching! I need to email them about a couple of questions I've got about bits on the form. It asks for your school leaving qualifications but only leaves room for one establishment whereas I went to a school and then 6th form college. Not sure if I should put just my A levels or add the GCSEs too. It was all such a long time ago!
I don't have a huge amount of OT experience; it's mainly been through working in special schools with OTs and a family member having some OT treatment. I went to one of those open mornings too - you'll find it useful! Fingers crossed for us getting our applications in!
Reply 121
Original post by PrimaryT
Hi so you're doing postgraduate entry? which course may I ask? and how long does it take to complete? many thanks xx

Hi Primary T,
I'm applying for the MSc pre-reg Occupational therapy course. It's a two year accelerated course.
Reply 122
Original post by Fiona L
Hi Primary T,
I'm applying for the MSc pre-reg Occupational therapy course. It's a two year accelerated course.

Hi Fiona L

is the the MSc pre-reg Occupational therapy a post grad course? I've enquired with Salford Uni and they're telling me I would have to do 3 or 4 years!! but I'm already a graduate?! and have a family to support now so can't spend that long on further study. I think it might be a part time route though, so yours is full time? I'm not sure where else I can study it in the manchester area..xx
Reply 123
Yes this one is full time. It's a postgrad course but pre-reg so allows graduates to train in two years. They also do a 4 year part time BSc one too which some people do whilst working as it only involves two days a week attendance at uni when not on placement.
Reply 124
Has anyone had the Essex interview? Is it a generic debate about the NHS constitution or is a scenario given?
Original post by Purds88
Has anyone had the Essex interview? Is it a generic debate about the NHS constitution or is a scenario given?

Hey Purds :smile:
Have you heard back from Essex yet?
Reply 126
Original post by Clairey122
Hey Purds :smile:
Have you heard back from Essex yet?

Clairey have you heard back?x
Original post by Emily_1

I havent Emily! How about you? Do you know if they email us whether we get a place or not? For some strange reason I have it in my head that they said that they only email you if you have been offered a place, but maybe im only imagining that!! xo
Reply 128
Original post by Clairey122
I havent Emily! How about you? Do you know if they email us whether we get a place or not? For some strange reason I have it in my head that they said that they only email you if you have been offered a place, but maybe im only imagining that!! xo

I haven't heard - I convinced myself we'd hear by today as they said it would probably be three weeks but no
:frown: I remember they said they'd offer feedback if you were unsuccessful so I'm sure they will contact everyone.
Original post by Emily_1
I haven't heard - I convinced myself we'd hear by today as they said it would probably be three weeks but no
:frown: I remember they said they'd offer feedback if you were unsuccessful so I'm sure they will contact everyone.

Yeah i thought we'd have heard by today as well as one of the girls that greeted us in the morning said that we should hear back within a day or 2. Maybe they have a hard decision :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Reply 130
Original post by naomi.lauren1991
I have applied to Cardiff Uni and have got an interview on the 1st April. I don't know anyone else who has applied!

Hi Naomie

Me too - mine is at 9am! Best of luck! Ruth
Reply 131
HI ALL,

for those applying to Brunel pre-reg 2014 intake, I have spoken to them and the admissions officer has left me the following message.

Dear Zehra

Further to our telephone conversation today, I must advise that there has been a delay in processing all decisions for this course.
This is due to some issues concerning the allocation of NHS funding and is not related to your application specifically.

We will contact you as soon as a decision has been made and I apologise for the delay.

Kind regards

Glenn Parrington
Admissions Officer

I HOPE THIS HELPS THOSE WHO ARE ALSO WAITING!!!!
i would be very intereted if anyone else has heard any thing new since
Reply 132
Is anyone here going to LSBU on Friday or already been? I think there is no individual interview!?! But that seems very weird! Can anyone enlighten me! Thanks! x
Reply 133
Have people heard from Essex?
Reply 134
Original post by zehraemin
HI ALL,

for those applying to Brunel pre-reg 2014 intake, I have spoken to them and the admissions officer has left me the following message.

Dear Zehra

Further to our telephone conversation today, I must advise that there has been a delay in processing all decisions for this course.
This is due to some issues concerning the allocation of NHS funding and is not related to your application specifically.

We will contact you as soon as a decision has been made and I apologise for the delay.

Kind regards

Glenn Parrington
Admissions Officer

I HOPE THIS HELPS THOSE WHO ARE ALSO WAITING!!!!
i would be very intereted if anyone else has heard any thing new since

Thank you that is helpful. Damn! I can't wait much longer! How much longer do you reckon we will have to wait?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135
Original post by blondyx
Thank you that is helpful. Damn! I can't wait much longer! How much longer do you reckon we will have to wait?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I spoke to Brunel a couple of weeks ago, the last selection day was April 3rd and they said we should hear by mid april.

Hope this helps, its been such a long wait!
Reply 136
Original post by glen19
I spoke to Brunel a couple of weeks ago, the last selection day was April 3rd and they said we should hear by mid april.

Hope this helps, its been such a long wait!

I agree, I hope we hear from Brunel soon! I've heard back from LSBU :smile: but not from Brunel yet. I would have thought we'd hear in the next fortnight or so, I think they said by Easter?
Original post by Emily_1

Hey:smile: I heard from essex last Thursday and I got accepted , they emailed me x
Reply 138
O have people heard back from LSBU if they got a place?
has anyone applied for leeds met, sheffield hallam or northumbria for the new year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending