The Student Room Group

Pakistan sentences Christian couple to death in blasphemy case

Just days after a Christian man was sentenced to death for alleged blasphemy in Lahore, a trial court in Toba Tek Singh on Friday handed death sentence to an uneducated poor Christian couple accused of texting blasphemous messages to local Muslims in Gojra, Pakistan Today has learnt.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2014/04/04/national/christian-couple-get-death-sentence-in-blasphemy-case/

Scroll to see replies

Countries like that with their backwards Islamic views really are still in the dark ages.
Reply 2
Sickeningly unjust, backward and corrupt. Welcome to Pakistan.
Brutal, but unsurprising from a country like that.
Stay classy, Pakistan.
Reply 5
Brap brap let the bashing begin

The same old bashing that won't change a thing in the world
Reply 6
Yet we seem to let loads of people from this backwards, barbaric country into ours.
Pakistan.
For the bnp it is the gift that just goes on giving.
Original post by Shabalala
Yet we seem to let loads of people from this backwards, barbaric country into ours.

The laws are barbaric, that doesn't necessarily mean the people are.
The country has a corrupt government with backward culture and justice system. It's unfortunate and embarrassing to the reasonable people who originate from there.
(edited 10 years ago)
Some people consider me pakistani. But my home land is kashmir. Azad Kashmir which is fighting to be independent from Pakistan or India. The corruption in both countries is why we want to be independent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by So Instinct

The laws are made by the people

Tell that to Egypt.
Makes me feel sick just to think the Pakistani government want to put me to death for writing that thread about Muhammad :frown: I'm so glad I live in the U.K. People should have freedom of beliefs, as long as they aren't hurting anybody. Executing people for not believing in a religion is silly it's 2014 not 1014.
Original post by junk17
Brap brap let the bashing begin

The same old bashing that won't change a thing in the world

No you're right muslims will still claim they are the victims despite the massive pile of dead bodies

and supported by the people

what do you think this persons life expectancy would be if they were released?
Reply 16

Nonsense. See Scandinavian laws and see their people, see a country with barbaric laws and see their people. Laws are made by people and supported by people. Try making a pro-homosexuality law in a country with majority being followers of a Abrahamic religion.
Original post by Juichiro
Nonsense. See Scandinavian laws and see their people, see a country with barbaric laws and see their people. Laws are made by people and supported by people. Try making a pro-homosexuality law in a country with majority being followers of a Abrahamic religion.

Is that why many in Pakistan are calling for a revolution due to a corrupt government? Yeah, so much support.
Reply 18
The country has a corrupt government with backward culture and justice system. It's unfortunate and embarrassing to the people who originate from there.

Nope, not unfortunate or embarrassed.
Original post by AlligatorSky
Nope, not unfortunate or embarrassed.

Says a lot about you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending