Nottingham A101 2014 ENTRY

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by IsabelleMarie
Has anyone had any post yet? I don't like this waiting...:frown:

No but I doubt it won't be until late this week god I need an offer
Original post by IsabelleMarie
Has anyone had any post yet? I don't like this waiting...:frown:

Oh dear, I saw someone had replied to thr thread and panicked that replies were out! I've heard nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EBG92
No but I doubt it won't be until late this week god I need an offer

As do I. The idea of another application cycle... :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
Original post by fleur_de_haine
As do I. The idea of another application cycle... :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well this is my third time applying and the idea of 12 rejections will absolutely demoralise me. Is anyone else suffering the curse of "I should have said that" and looking back and thinking why did I say that ??
Original post by EBG92
Well this is my third time applying and the idea of 12 rejections will absolutely demoralise me. Is anyone else suffering the curse of "I should have said that" and looking back and thinking why did I say that ??

That's all I've thoight since the day after the interview. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely feeling like that too. Don't beat yourself up. This is a very unforgiving process and unfortunately admissions departments need to find any excuse not to accept you.

Through most other application processes/grad schemes we would all be very much at the top of the pile. Unfortunately medicine is just so incredibly oversubscribed, that hundreds of people who would make perfectly competent doctors may never get to do so.
Original post by muppetmaster
Definitely feeling like that too. Don't beat yourself up. This is a very unforgiving process and unfortunately admissions departments need to find any excuse not to accept you.

Through most other application processes/grad schemes we would all be very much at the top of the pile. Unfortunately medicine is just so incredibly oversubscribed, that hundreds of people who would make perfectly competent doctors may never get to do so.

ive been going over and over the Interview in my headfor days. sometimes I wonder why im putting myself through this, but I couldn't imagine doing anything else.

Does anyone think its possible for lots of people to be in Grade A that it will be all down to gamsat. im worried that I might have done well but a gamsat of 60 will put me at the bottom of the pile so I still wont get an offer. All ive seen on forums are high 60's and 70's gamsat scores.
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

this is my third application cycle and first lot of Interviews and I was really hopeful at the beginning. Two rejections later and one waiting list and im really panicking. I know exactly how you feel. I am hoping the results come out this week as I cant bear the waiting

Aye, I suppose thats the frustrating part of it really. It just night not happen for.me and there's little more I can do to make it. Ah well, let's be positive eh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ive been going over and over the Interview in my headfor days. sometimes I wonder why im putting myself through this, but I couldn't imagine doing anything else.

Does anyone think its possible for lots of people to be in Grade A that it will be all down to gamsat. im worried that I might have done well but a gamsat of 60 will put me at the bottom of the pile so I still wont get an offer. All ive seen on forums are high 60's and 70's gamsat scores.

That's exactly what i was thinking! I have 61 so could well be rejected because of that :frown:
Original post by Suprnova
this is my third application cycle and first lot of Interviews and I was really hopeful at the beginning. Two rejections later and one waiting list and im really panicking. I know exactly how you feel. I am hoping the results come out this week as I cant bear the waiting

After being rejected by SGUL my confidence is all but non existent. I just wajt a result one way or other now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 131
I also don't want to know if it is a rejection as I thought I'd do better at interview than I did so I guess it is my fault really if I don't get in. The post thing is also not a comfort as we won't hear at the same time (as in a mass email etc)
After being rejected by SGUL my confidence is all but non existent. I just wajt a result one way or other now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely took the same massive confidence hit from SGUL.

I think given my terrible interview performance, my only hope is that my borderline okay 63 GAMSAT score might just push me through.

But I have learnt a good life lesson from this process that there is simply no use speculating, and being arrogant/cocky is dangerous to your self esteem. None of us have any real information until we get our decisions.

Nonetheless though, let's be positive about our achievements thus far!
We are the cream of the crop academically to get interviews :smile:
Reply 133

I think given my terrible interview performance, my only hope is that my borderline okay 63 GAMSAT score might just push me through.

But I have learnt a good life lesson from this process that there is simply no use speculating, and being arrogant/cocky is dangerous to your self esteem. None of us have any real information until we get our decisions.

here here :biggrin:

Let's hope for a GAMSAT heavy weighting eh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EBG92
I also don't want to know if it is a rejection as I thought I'd do better at interview than I did so I guess it is my fault really if I don't get in. The post thing is also not a comfort as we won't hear at the same time (as in a mass email etc)

Having a wabder through previous years threads there was talk of emails.Is it definitely snail mail this year? Will there be track updates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 136
Having a wabder through previous years threads there was talk of emails.Is it definitely snail mail this year? Will there be track updates?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The letter they handed out said it would be mail and then a track update a day later
Original post by EBG92
The letter they handed out said it would be mail and then a track update a day later

**bangs head on desk**

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 138
I'm with you on that! The fear of opening that letter!!
Original post by SN_
I'm with you on that! The fear of opening that letter!!

and from other years the letters didn't come on the same day either. I read the 2012 full thread on NMM (Ive got a lot of spare time) and almost everyone on tbe forum got an offer or waiting list)

Quick Reply

Latest