The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Should I pick Cardiff?

Hey all,

having a tough time deciding between picking Cardiff or Southampton for my insurance choices. I like both places, so was wondering if anyone could say something that might just help sway it for me? What's nightlife like in Cardiff, is there plenty to do in the city? How is it for getting around etc, any other things that will make me choose Cardiff other southampton? :wink: Also I'm going to be studying music so if you have any info from that perspective, then that would help too!

If you could help, please either quote me in here, or my other thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2624554

cheers
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by GreenNinja
Hey all,

having a tough time deciding between picking Cardiff or Southampton for my insurance choices. I like both places, so was wondering if anyone could say something that might just help sway it for me? What's nightlife like in Cardiff, is there plenty to do in the city? How is it for getting around etc, any other things that will make me choose Cardiff other southampton? :wink: Also I'm going to be studying music so if you have any info from that perspective, then that would help too!

If you could help, please either quote me in here, or my other thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2624554

cheers

Hey this is really weird because I'm in exactly the same position.. I can't decided between Cardiff or Southampton for music? Have you had any thoughts?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Bron14
Hey this is really weird because I'm in exactly the same position.. I can't decided between Cardiff or Southampton for music? Have you had any thoughts?

Such a difficult choice isn't it! I've still nto got much further but I've been exploring course opportunities as I'm quite into performance and they both seem good on this front, but I think Cardiff has links with the local conservatoire which I don't think Southampton has anything like that!
Reply 3
I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I'm in my first year at Cardiff University and I really love it here. It's kind of a cliche, but I find Cardiff to be a nice city and one that I'm proud to be studying in. :smile:
Reply 4
Such a difficult choice isn't it! I've still nto got much further but I've been exploring course opportunities as I'm quite into performance and they both seem good on this front, but I think Cardiff has links with the local conservatoire which I don't think Southampton has anything like that!

It really is! same here, trying to research it all as best I can. That is a very good point.. If ever I speak to anyone about the two uni's that's what they always say about Cardiff. The performance opportunities there are fab! hmm, don't know how I'm ever going to decide haha
Reply 5
Original post by Bron14
It really is! same here, trying to research it all as best I can. That is a very good point.. If ever I speak to anyone about the two uni's that's what they always say about Cardiff. The performance opportunities there are fab! hmm, don't know how I'm ever going to decide haha

It's really difficult because I think performance at southampton is great too! it doesn't have links to the conservatoires but it does have high standard orchestras things which tour abroad!
Reply 6
It's really difficult because I think performance at southampton is great too! it doesn't have links to the conservatoires but it does have high standard orchestras things which tour abroad!

yeah that's true! the orchestra sounded really really good. It's such a tough decision.. I think I've decided on Cardiff though! feels like the right decision for me :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Bron14
yeah that's true! the orchestra sounded really really good. It's such a tough decision.. I think I've decided on Cardiff though! feels like the right decision for me :smile:

What do you think swayed you toward Cardiff?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending