The Student Room Group

Nottingham A101 2014 ENTRY

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Suprnova
and from other years the letters didn't come on the same day either. I read the 2012 full thread on NMM (Ive got a lot of spare time) and almost everyone on tbe forum got an offer or waiting list)

I think everyone is guilty of reading past threads all over the place, don't worry :smile:

With that said, good luck to any 2015 Nottingham GEM hopefuls who are reading this in the future :P!
Reply 141
Original post by muppetmaster
I think everyone is guilty of reading past threads all over the place, don't worry :smile:

With that said, good luck to any 2015 Nottingham GEM hopefuls who are reading this in the future :P!

Don't you mean good luck and save yourselves while you still can ? (I joke of course it isn't as bad as what we all make it out to be it is just the waiting that is the difficult bit)
and from other years the letters didn't come on the same day either. I read the 2012 full thread on NMM (Ive got a lot of spare time) and almost everyone on tbe forum got an offer or waiting list)

My postman turns up as and when he likes. I'll prpbably not get the letter until this time next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 143
Original post by fleur_de_haine
My postman turns up as and when he likes. I'll prpbably not get the letter until this time next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

we have UCAS to rely on. Whether that is a good thing is debatable. they interview about 250 people and will probably give 100 offers. It would be unlikely 100 people would be in Band A out of 250? Does anyone agree?

If so, then band A should be almost certaintly a place
we have UCAS to rely on. Whether that is a good thing is debatable. they interview about 250 people and will probably give 100 offers. It would be unlikely 100 people would be in Band A out of 250? Does anyone agree?

If so, then band A should be almost certaintly a place

I'm not sure of the proportions of candidates assigned to each band, but I should think band a would hold one in good stead

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 145
I'm not sure of the proportions of candidates assigned to each band, but I should think band a would hold one in good stead

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully. I know I need to stop over analysing everything bit I cant help it :-(
Reply 146
Hopefully. I know I need to stop over analysing everything bit I cant help it :-(

I keep doing that as well...looking over my answers and thinking did I say enough? The correct stuff? Did I blabber on?

Hard to judge how it all went
Reply 147

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha mine is like that too
Hey thought I'd weigh in here, kind of late in the process I know!

at open day it was said that they ('don't think') they've ever rejected a Band A, so grading will most likely follow something of a bell curve through the three Grade, so given numbers your probably looking at something like 60% of offers going to Band As and the remaining 40% to the highest GAMSAT Band Bs, But interviews are so subjective year to year in both answer quality and panellist evaluation that it could go any direction.

Try not to worry too much about missed points in questions etc. Talking to the consultants at work its not all about sprouting encyclopaedic level responses to everything (that comes as you develop as a doctor), its just as important how you approached the question, was it thoughtful and balanced, did they communicate well, how did they deal with pressure or any mistakes- yes mistakes can count towards your score it you deal with them maturely and without panicking.
Reply 149
Original post by MercScientist
Hey thought I'd weigh in here, kind of late in the process I know!

at open day it was said that they ('don't think') they've ever rejected a Band A, so grading will most likely follow something of a bell curve through the three Grade, so given numbers your probably looking at something like 60% of offers going to Band As and the remaining 40% to the highest GAMSAT Band Bs, But interviews are so subjective year to year in both answer quality and panellist evaluation that it could go any direction.

Try not to worry too much about missed points in questions etc. Talking to the consultants at work its not all about sprouting encyclopaedic level responses to everything (that comes as you develop as a doctor), its just as important how you approached the question, was it thoughtful and balanced, did they communicate well, how did they deal with pressure or any mistakes- yes mistakes can count towards your score it you deal with them maturely and without panicking.

Thanks for that information. I just hope im in band A otherwise I don't have much chance will a low gamsat score. I thing Nottingham is the only one which places so much emphasis on gamsat, which is bad for me.
Reply 150
hey do you mind if I ask what everyone average (notts method) in the GAMSAT I only got 60
Original post by EBG92
hey do you mind if I ask what everyone average (notts method) in the GAMSAT I only got 60

Not sure what Nottingham's method is but I got: Section I 69 Section II 62 Section III 70, so the overalls is 68 with double weighting of S3, or 67 without.
Reply 152
Not sure what Nottingham's method is but I got: Section I 69 Section II 62 Section III 70, so the overalls is 68 with double weighting of S3, or 67 without.

Well that is very impressive congrats
Original post by EBG92
Well that is very impressive congrats

I should think that it was mostly luck for me. One of the wonders of multiple choice exams.:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I should think that it was mostly luck for me. One of the wonders of multiple choice exams.:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well with grades like that, I'm completely ******.

How can we possibly wait this long, jeeeeeez. Also, I resent it being a letter; letters get lost and can be opened by other people, and letters are also around for people go to 'OOOOH a REPLY!' and put more pressure on you to open a letter you're sure is a rejection.

Just email me my failure so I can start coping!
Reply 155
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
Well with grades like that, I'm completely ******.

How can we possibly wait this long, jeeeeeez. Also, I resent it being a letter; letters get lost and can be opened by other people, and letters are also around for people go to 'OOOOH a REPLY!' and put more pressure on you to open a letter you're sure is a rejection.

Just email me my failure so I can start coping!

Don't worry be happy because every little thing is gonna be alright :biggrin: They wouldn't interview people with a GAMSAT score of 59 and above if the people with 59 didn't have a chance of getting in so relax
Reply 156
Original post by EBG92
Don't worry be happy because every little thing is gonna be alright :biggrin: They wouldn't interview people with a GAMSAT score of 59 and above if the people with 59 didn't have a chance of getting in so relax

Yep chin up peeps! Within two weeks (accounting for snail mail mishaps), we will find out from Nottingham whether it's yay or nay.

Sounds like a few of the guys on here are Swansea wait listers also so perhaps well find out from them soon after.

Personally, this is my last year of application until I get bored of research or ever. Have put a lot on hold for medicine it's actually nice to know I can get on with things now and not have to fork out over £200 and revise for that bloody exam. Quite exciting going down path B and see where it leads...

Here's to either way :smile: good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jcp
Yep chin up peeps! Within two weeks (accounting for snail mail mishaps), we will find out from Nottingham whether it's yay or nay.

Sounds like a few of the guys on here are Swansea wait listers also so perhaps well find out from them soon after.

Personally, this is my last year of application until I get bored of research or ever. Have put a lot on hold for medicine it's actually nice to know I can get on with things now and not have to fork out over £200 and revise for that bloody exam. Quite exciting going down path B and see where it leads...

Here's to either way :smile: good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is my first year, I'm giving it another go if I don't get in this year, as I've worked too hard for it now, but I'm going to start developing other plans.

Can it please just be Friday now.
How long can it take to just put us in order of A/B/C and our GAMSATs? :confused: I don't want to have to wait till Friday! Did they say when they update track?
Reply 159
Original post by IsabelleMarie
How long can it take to just put us in order of A/B/C and our GAMSATs? :confused: I don't want to have to wait till Friday! Did they say when they update track?

I have a feeling they actually do it straight away as after my interview I saw all the interviews sat in a room together around a table so I assume they discuss it immediately as all the interviewers are in one place then rather than trying to get everyone together a second time. Also the letter said that the letter would come first and then track would be updated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending