The Student Room Group

LSE Postgrad Applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Is there a facebook group for Msc eco offerholders?
Reply 461
Original post by basicguyz
Congrat for your offer! when did you get 4th email from LSE? could you share your profile if you don't mind?

I also applied to MSc Accounting and Finance 6 weeks ago and still waiting for the result.

Sure, well, I got my 4th email from them around 8 weeks after applying.
I'm in my final year studying International Business and Modern Languages at Aston.

Predicted 1st
620 GMAT
12 months at KPMG in South America
2 Summer internships at PE/VC firms
Reply 462
Original post by goldmansachs2014
Why did you pick MSc Finance as your second choice if that is what you want to do? Is it because the Accounting department are more likely to give offers to people who put A+F as their first choice?

What's your profile?

The accounting dept are more likely to give you an offer if you put their course as your #1 choice.

It seems that at LSE the brand is more important than what you actually study.
Reply 463
Hey guys
I got an unconditional offer for Msc Development Management last week. Are there any others there who are going to pursue the same degree?
Original post by labzina25
Hey guys
I got an unconditional offer for Msc Development Management last week. Are there any others there who are going to pursue the same degree?

Hello all,

So any IR applicants around here who still didn't get an offer or a refusal yet?

I applied to the Msc in International Relations and its been eight weeks just today. Im tempted to just call them up and find out more maybe?
Reply 465
Original post by KhalilParis
Hello all,

So any IR applicants around here who still didn't get an offer or a refusal yet?

I applied to the Msc in International Relations and its been eight weeks just today. Im tempted to just call them up and find out more maybe?

Hey
You should definitely call them,in my case 8 weeks had passed and my tracker had not been updated but when i called them they told me that I had an offer which was given 5 days ago.so yeah call and check
Called this morning. It shows that the department has had my application since the 29th of January. Still nothing. Pretty crazy. But the graduate admissions department sent a message for them to speed up the decision process.. Ten weeks of being under consideration and counting...
Just out of curiosity does it always take eight weeks to determine whether an applicant is accepted or rejected? Obviously this depends on the department, but I'm wonder what the range is. I've seen a lot of people with 8 week waiting times. Has anyone heard back in a shorter amount of time?
Reply 468
Original post by thechairman66
Just out of curiosity does it always take eight weeks to determine whether an applicant is accepted or rejected? Obviously this depends on the department, but I'm wonder what the range is. I've seen a lot of people with 8 week waiting times. Has anyone heard back in a shorter amount of time?

My application became complete early December last year and I received an offer for my first choice the second week of January. So a little more than 4 weeks.
Reply 469
Original post by oli92
My application became complete early December last year and I received an offer for my first choice the second week of January. So a little more than 4 weeks.

What did you apply for if I may ask?
Reply 470
Original post by 92DL
What did you apply for if I may ask?

I applied for MSc Economics and Management.
Reply 471
Original post by oli92
I applied for MSc Economics and Management.

Thanks a lot! I applied to MSc regulation about a month ago. Hoping for an answer soon. :smile:
Reply 472
Original post by 92DL
Thanks a lot! I applied to MSc regulation about a month ago. Hoping for an answer soon. :smile:

Good luck to you! As always, no news is good news (well better than getting rejected).
Original post by labzina25
Hey guys

I applied to MSc Development Studies and its going on the 8th week but not a word yet. All the other Universities I applied to at the same time ( Kings, Edinburgh, UCL ) have all sent me my acceptance letters, but before i decide I want to see what LSE does.

I am hoping they accept me, but more so give me some sort of financial aid. 17,750 pounds plus living expenses is going to add up to more than I make in a year now.....maybe i should re-think this :confused:
Reply 474
Original post by mrmajestyk
I applied to MSc Development Studies and its going on the 8th week but not a word yet. All the other Universities I applied to at the same time ( Kings, Edinburgh, UCL ) have all sent me my acceptance letters, but before i decide I want to see what LSE does.

I am hoping they accept me, but more so give me some sort of financial aid. 17,750 pounds plus living expenses is going to add up to more than I make in a year now.....maybe i should re-think this :confused:

Development Studies at LSE receives a lot of applications so the process is likely to take a little while. Consider what you want to achieve with the degree because chances are you will be able to get to where you want to be with any of these courses.
Reply 475
I recieved my 4th email 8 weeks ago and still no response. I've applied for Ms Politics and Communication.

I called admissions today and they said that the selectors had dispatched the response to my application to admissions and that I should find out in under 2 weeks (2 weeks!!!?) Can anyone shed any light on this situation?

Also, how does one find out whether their course has a large or small intake?
Reply 476
I recived my 4th email for Ms Politics and Communication 8 weeks ago.

Still
Reply 477
Original post by mcaus
I recieved my 4th email 8 weeks ago and still no response. I've applied for Ms Politics and Communication.

I called admissions today and they said that the selectors had dispatched the response to my application to admissions and that I should find out in under 2 weeks (2 weeks!!!?) Can anyone shed any light on this situation?

Also, how does one find out whether their course has a large or small intake?

I am uncertain about the first part of your question, but with regards to the second part. The website states how many applicants apply and how many eventually will enrol in the course. These would be the numbers for your course 29/163. Hope that helps
Reply 478
Offer finally came yesterday. Anyone knows if we can negotiate the condition with LSE lol?
Reply 479
Original post by mrmajestyk

I got my offer at the end of the 8th week so i guess you still have time.as for financial aid,that is a little difficult as they hardly give any scholarships but if you get in you should definitely apply for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending