The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool University 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by farheen56
yeah i have applied but its still quite expensive on average 130 a week roughly, and based on my student loan im going to need the Liverpool bursary as a cash sum to be able to have proper money for food and travel etc. so hopefully i qualify for that. i suppose the unis own halls are only 39 week contracts as a posed to the usual 42 week or whatever it is soo... that can only work to our advantage

what course have you applied for at liverpool?

Ahh I know it is really expensive :/ yeah my loan doesn't even cover my accommodation but I won't get a bursary bc of my parents' income. You can use a calculator on student finance to see if you're eligible you know? Yeah I noticed that :smile: I'm doing veterinary medicine, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Radiohead_1
Ahh I know it is really expensive :/ yeah my loan doesn't even cover my accommodation but I won't get a bursary bc of my parents' income. You can use a calculator on student finance to see if you're eligible you know? Yeah I noticed that :smile: I'm doing veterinary medicine, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ooo clever clogs, congratulations! I'm doing psychology and ive already got my student finance paper work sent off and got the exact figures back for some reason the sent me two copies on different dates, for exactly the same figures .... god knows what they are playing at!?
Reply 1022
ooo clever clogs, congratulations! I'm doing psychology and ive already got my student finance paper work sent off and got the exact figures back for some reason the sent me two copies on different dates, for exactly the same figures .... god knows what they are playing at!?

Im also doing psychology, I also got 2 copies on different dates. First one around the time I applied. And the second one arrived a few days ago. Both with exact same payment figures.
Reply 1023
Student finance just keep sending you letters until you reply, it's their annoying way of getting things sorted quickly!

Haha well i took a gap year for it so not really :wink: ahh that's cool! Ohh that's a bit weird :s I still need to send the declaration form off... Have you chosen your top 3 halls yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha well i took a gap year for it so not really :wink: ahh that's cool! Ohh that's a bit weird :s I still need to send the declaration form off... Have you chosen your top 3 halls yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

youve got plenty of time to send it off yet ...
did you do ewt nice on your gap year or were you just working ?
yeah i put down crown place single crown place double and then vine court what about you?
Original post by Shokz
Im also doing psychology, I also got 2 copies on different dates. First one around the time I applied. And the second one arrived a few days ago. Both with exact same payment figures.

hmm are you gona bother contacting student finance about it or leave it ?:s-smilie:
Reply 1027
hmm are you gona bother contacting student finance about it or leave it ?:s-smilie:

It's nothing to worry about! Student finance just send you the same letter every few weeks until you reply! :-)
Reply 1028

Im going to leave it farheen, since I've already given the declaration form in upon recieving my original entitlement letter. This letter states exactly the same entitlement, with another letter asking if I've changed my bank details.

When I read on the SF site that I was receiving another entitlement letter - a few things crossed my mind - overypayments, will I get less money? what If they check income and I get more? It turns out neither of those, absolutely nothing happened lol.
I have an unconditional offer for Psychology and Biological sciences (I applied last year and went for deferred entry)
My accommodation preferences were Crown Place Double, Crown Place Single and Green Bank (Derby and Rathbone halls.)
Crown place absolutely looks like the place to be this year, it's not as exclusive to post grads / second years as most of the on campus accommodation was last year, and it's more of an affordable option, if I get it I absolutely cannot wait for freshers! :biggrin:
Original post by Shokz
Brydie, Crown place is my first choice- I applied mid February. A few days later, I sent an email asking about how long it will take to be offered a place- telling them that that I had accepted an unconditional offer from Liverpool for Psychology. I was told I can expect an offer of accommodation around March/April time.

I too am an unconditional for Psychology :smile: I remember last year unconditionals didn't get room offers til early August and me being a conditional then, got a room offer a few hours after my place was confirmed on results day (I deferred in the end) It's a little annoying when people with conditionals from other uni's have been given offers now and us unconditionals are still waiting for ours from Liverpool haha!
Reply 1031
Original post by JustNatalieee
I too am an unconditional for Psychology :smile: I remember last year unconditionals didn't get room offers til early August and me being a conditional then, got a room offer a few hours after my place was confirmed on results day (I deferred in the end) It's a little annoying when people with conditionals from other uni's have been given offers now and us unconditionals are still waiting for ours from Liverpool haha!

Hi Nat - whoo, fellow psych student :smile: August sounds depressing, distant and rather more realistic. I have my own doubts about that April timeline given to me, I don't believe it (though hope lives on). I check liverpool life site daily, but no update yet :frown:. I am not looking forward towards that 150 pound deposit leaving my natwest account though. But, I like things done well before time - I like being prepared, and I am quite Impatient. Which accommodation did you apply for? Honestly I felt a bit better when you said you deferred- it makes me feel slightly younger in a sense lol, I'll be 23 by the time I start.
youve got plenty of time to send it off yet ...
did you do ewt nice on your gap year or were you just working ?
yeah i put down crown place single crown place double and then vine court what about you?

Oh that's good. I did to begin with till jan, I went to Ireland and saw loads of a really good cases with a large animal vet and went to dairy farms etc whilst working part time over Christmas, since then i haven't done as much though, in trying to get a job but I have to do resits as well in the summer :frown: I can't afford to go on those huge gap year trips some people can go on so it's not the dream gap year haha.
Yeah I chose exactly the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by csmith95
It's nothing to worry about! Student finance just send you the same letter every few weeks until you reply! :-)

reply to what theres nothing to reply to tho ive sent everything off ... a well just leave em to it i guess
Oh that's good. I did to begin with till jan, I went to Ireland and saw loads of a really good cases with a large animal vet and went to dairy farms etc whilst working part time over Christmas, since then i haven't done as much though, in trying to get a job but I have to do resits as well in the summer :frown: I can't afford to go on those huge gap year trips some people can go on so it's not the dream gap year haha.
Yeah I chose exactly the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ooo good luck with your resits hopefully ill see you in september :P
Can you only start applying for accomodation when you have decided on your firm & insurance?
Original post by RHCPfan
Can you only start applying for accomodation when you have decided on your firm & insurance?

I think so yes as when i firmed I received an email shortly afterwards
ooo good luck with your resits hopefully ill see you in september :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neal95
I think so yes as when i firmed I received an email shortly afterwards

Okey dokey. Thanks for the reply :smile:
Original post by csmith95
Student finance just keep sending you letters until you reply, it's their annoying way of getting things sorted quickly!

Haha finally! Someone else has gone through this, I got the letter 3 times despite sending it off -_- damn you student finance, getting me worried

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending