The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Diety
Hi guys, just wanted to ask for some prayers as my dog is being put down today :frown: very sad, but he's 13 now so had a long life and it's the best thing to do because he is really suffering in old age (blind, deaf, and with no control of the back half of his body), but I don't remember a time without him so it's going to be really hard. Plus I'm meeting friends for a school reunion just a couple of hours after so have to try and put on a smile.

Thanks so much

That's so sad! :frown: I'm really, really sorry to hear that, hope you're doing alright :hugs: I'll pray for both of you in my agnostic way if that's OK, hope your school reunion goes fine :smile: x
Original post by Tillsy
Been through quite a stressful period of A levels and university decisions, but God has shown me that hopefully this is the path for me, as all my exams went really well and I got 4 university offers for dentistry. :smile:

In the darkest times, let the light of God shine on :biggrin: lots of love x

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way! Congratulations :smile: I applied for dentistry too this year :smile: 2 offers for bristol and sheffield- Its by the Grace of God! where have you chosen to go?
Original post by Diety
Hi guys, just wanted to ask for some prayers as my dog is being put down today :frown: very sad, but he's 13 now so had a long life and it's the best thing to do because he is really suffering in old age (blind, deaf, and with no control of the back half of his body), but I don't remember a time without him so it's going to be really hard. Plus I'm meeting friends for a school reunion just a couple of hours after so have to try and put on a smile.

Thanks so much

I pray that God gives you peace during this difficult time. We may not understand the reasons behind what he allows, but I know he is watching over you and wants the absolute best for you. :console:
Can someone please pm me 3 passages daily because i am 17 and want to draw closer to God. I dont want to conform to the earthly desires such as drinking, smoking and ONS. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Can someone please pm me 3 passages daily because i am 17 and want to draw closer to God. I dont want to conform to the earthly desires such as drinking, smoking and ONS. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can try, time allowing:smile:, but might slip up here and there, how long were you thinking you would need this encouragement for?
Original post by Grace by Yahweh
I can try, time allowing:smile:, but might slip up here and there, how long were you thinking you would need this encouragement for?

I think up to july.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I think up to july.

I'll send some across as and when I'm able to do so and I'll pray for you too:smile:, and I'm sure others will too, God Bless, you're gonna do great!
Who wants a double portion of blessing in their lives today:smile:.

What giants are you facing in your life today?

We serve a mighty God who is more than able to trample on those giants or strongholds in our lives:smile:.

Take a stand today to trample on that thing that wants to hold you down, say out loud:-

2 Corinthians 10:3-5

'For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ'...

I am going to get up and not give up :tongue:

Psalm 103:2-4
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen

Look at what God has already brought you through and be happy for the days to come, God is going to bring you through.

God Bless
The words we speak have a bearing on our lives

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW9dBJ3JVAM
Original post by Grace by Yahweh
Who wants a double portion of blessing in their lives today:smile:.

What giants are you facing in your life today?

We serve a mighty God who is more than able to trample on those giants or strongholds in our lives:smile:.

Take a stand today to trample on that thing that wants to hold you down, say out loud:-

2 Corinthians 10:3-5

'For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ'...

I am going to get up and not give up :tongue:

Psalm 103:2-4
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen

Look at what God has already brought you through and be happy for the days to come, God is going to bring you through.

God Bless

I believe this with all my heart. Amen :biggrin:
Original post by Tillsy
Been through quite a stressful period of A levels and university decisions, but God has shown me that hopefully this is the path for me, as all my exams went really well and I got 4 university offers for dentistry. :smile:

In the darkest times, let the light of God shine on :biggrin: lots of love x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done. 4 offers. That's amazing. I'm so happy for you. Trust me i know how stressful these things can be. God has brought u this far so i'm sure he'll make u get those grades too. All the best with ur exams :biggrin:
Greetings from Israel! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Greetings from Israel! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ahee: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3013
Original post by IBpupil
No way! Congratulations :smile: I applied for dentistry too this year :smile: 2 offers for bristol and sheffield- Its by the Grace of God! where have you chosen to go?

Thanks!!! Glad to meet another christian future dentist. :wink:

I've chosen leeds as my firm and Sheffield as my insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3014
Original post by Joannywhite
Well done. 4 offers. That's amazing. I'm so happy for you. Trust me i know how stressful these things can be. God has brought u this far so i'm sure he'll make u get those grades too. All the best with ur exams :biggrin:

Thank you!!! I couldn't have done it without my faith that's for sure :biggrin:

Hopefully, what is meant to be will be. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:ninja:
Original post by Tillsy
Thanks!!! Glad to meet another christian future dentist. :wink:

I've chosen leeds as my firm and Sheffield as my insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nahhh wayy! (Y) we may be at the same uni! As that is my firm. All the best for your future, I'll be praying for you also. :smile:
Reply 3018
Original post by IBpupil
Nahhh wayy! (Y) we may be at the same uni! As that is my firm. All the best for your future, I'll be praying for you also. :smile:

Haha!!! You too and like wise :biggrin: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haven't been home for good Friday in few years and this year I would be. just wondering what do you guys do for good Friday? I remember my gran praying the rosary around 3pm but can't remember much. help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending