The Student Room Group

If you had £20,000 to spend on a everyday car, what would you buy?

Fuel prices irrelevant - just imagine you lived in the Middle East or something. £7 to fill up a Range Rover btw lol.

Yeah anyway, you've been given a £20,000 to spend solely on one car to keep as your everyday car. And for all you people that bang on about insurance, let's exclude that too.

Oh and to save traintracks1995 commenting, yes I know you'd buy some sort of Passat R or some tuned version.

To kick start, I'd probably buy this, or an E class with the same engine.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201311189994792

Lovely naturally aspirated V8, which sounds immense.

Scroll to see replies

Mk 1 Golf, Old school Toyota corolla, or vw campervan
Mclaren F1
Probably the new mustang coming out
Probably either an Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1750 or a Volvo V40 T5
Original post by MrWhosane
Fuel prices irrelevant - just imagine you lived in the Middle East or something. £7 to fill up a Range Rover btw lol.

Yeah anyway, you've been given a £20,000 to spend solely on one car to keep as your everyday car. And for all you people that bang on about insurance, let's exclude that too.

Oh and to save traintracks1995 commenting, yes I know you'd buy some sort of Passat R or some tuned version.

To kick start, I'd probably buy this, or an E class with the same engine.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201311189994792

Lovely naturally aspirated V8, which sounds immense.

Id have a peugeot 208 gti (a black one)
new or old?
obviously, BMW 3er

I love my baby
I can't drive and probably never will, but I've always wanted an Audi TT just because they look beautiful.
Chevy Suburban.
Toyota Prius
Original post by redferry
Toyota Prius

The car that is so quite it causes accidents :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by jusdorange
new or old?

Whatever you want, as long as £20,000 or less. For that price I would go used all the way lol.
Whatever you want, as long as £20,000 or less. For that price I would go used all the way lol.

For me;

I'd buy a new VW up and spec it up
Reply 13
Buy a c63 but £20k wouldn't be enough, so I'd buy an M3 or an evo 10 fq330 sst and map it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
VW Golf R 2014
The previous version of the V12 BMW M5. Big back for the dogs, all the comforts you could ever need, looks understated, sounds amazing and goes like anything proverbially coming off a shovel.
Reply 16
Fiat 500, I love it, such a nice little car
Reply 17
Original post by bad8oy
Buy a c63 but £20k wouldn't be enough, so I'd buy an M3 or an evo 10 fq330 sst and map it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what you mean, if the budget was say 25-30k, it'd be a c63 all day. you might get a battered one for 20k, or a cat d or whatever. but i wouldn't take it.
Original post by DotDotCurve
The car that is so quite it causes accidents :wink:

I just want a hybrid :frown:
Reply 19
I know what you mean, if the budget was say 25-30k, it'd be a c63 all day. you might get a battered one for 20k, or a cat d or whatever. but i wouldn't take it.

Yeah but for 20k you could only get a decent manual M3 not an auto :tongue:
But then if you think about a 30k c63 you'd rather save up an extra couple grand and buy a GTR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest