The Student Room Group

Life changing books.

Scroll to see replies

The Very Hungry Caterpillar-made me think about every caterpillar differently.
Reply 21
'Pulse' by Julian Barnes and 'Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?' by Jeanette Winterson.

If I had to choose something more 'cliche', though, I'd go with The Catcher in the Rye.
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time
Original post by StrangestThings
The Book Thief.

I was an emotional wreck after I had read it. I cry quite easily at books but I had the most profound cry I have ever had once I'd finished this book.

Oooh this! The book I've cried most at. :colondollar:
Reply 24
Original post by majmuh24
Lolz, I'm still not done, but I've been reading it and watching the MIT course and it's just so interesting! I don't think I could have just read the book, most of the stuff would have gone straight over my head :lol:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is a rather large book :lol: I might go through it with the MIT course this summer after exams if it's that interesting :smile:
Wonder by R.J. Palacio.

Really made me think about how I treat others. It's about a boy with a condition that affects his face pretty severely attending school for the time & is written from the perspectives of various people in his life.
I strongly recommend the Quran.
Original post by majmuh24
Gödel, Escher, Bach.
A Clockwork Orange

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by MohammedPBUH

Original post by TroyAndAbed
Wonder by R.J. Palacio.

Really made me think about how I treat others. It's about a boy with a condition that affects his face pretty severely attending school for the time & is written from the perspectives of various people in his life.

Original post by alow
It is a rather large book :lol: I might go through it with the MIT course this summer after exams if it's that interesting

are you aware that I am considering making another account (srs). This **** is getting to me, I mean, my reputation as a contributing poster on this forum/section has taken a hit. Has nothing to do with the rep power, but, I honestly try to help when people are (srs) and when it's a lulzy thread, I join in, but now when I comment, and have any input in any thread... there are a few miscers calling me this and that. It's pretty nasty stuff, I have manners in real life, and I control myself online, but others... shame brahs, you cuss every other person out like he isn't a person. (inb4 u mad, puzzy, etc)
Original post by keepinitsolid
are you aware that I am considering making another account (srs). This **** is getting to me, I mean, my reputation as a contributing poster on this forum/section has taken a hit. Has nothing to do with the rep power, but, I honestly try to help when people are (srs) and when it's a lulzy thread, I join in, but now when I comment, and have any input in any thread... there are a few miscers calling me this and that. It's pretty nasty stuff, I have manners in real life, and I control myself online, but others... shame brahs, you cuss every other person out like he isn't a person. (inb4 u mad, puzzy, etc)

What the heck are you on about???
Original post by TroyAndAbed
What the heck are you on about???

srs
Reply 30
The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists
Reply 31
Speak really got me off thinking being an emo cutter was cool. Kristen Stewart was in a 2005 film adaptation, not very faithful to the caliber of the novel but anyway.

Self-help books lol (titled featuring whichever help you might need; we all need help).

Coldest Winter Ever. It might not seem to be great because the narration uses 1st-person, and the perspective is from a wild, urban, libidinous daughter of a drug dealer. :colondollar: But it's a candid tale of veering your life into a better direction, despite demanding circumstances and breaking generation cycles of adding to crime and poverty. :yes:

I wish I could tell you more non-fiction novels but I'm stuck on Uni textbooks.
Reply 32

The Bible's really good too.
Original post by ApeMob
The Bible's really good too.

I will have to check it out! :biggrin:
Reply 34
I will have to check it out! :biggrin:

Please do.
Reply 35
Original post by keepinitsolid

Who exactly are you? I've never seen, or spoken to you before :lol:
Tuesdays with Morrie

Please say someone's read this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Beware of Pity by S. Zweig.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pavzky
To Kill a Mockingbird

Whilst it is great at what it does it didn't actually change how I thought and I knew how that kind of stuff goes on in the world.
Reply 39
Enders game.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending