OCR Biology A Level Watch

mrchemistry
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi. I'm doing OCR AS Biology, and am completely struggling with making notes. I've been told that to get an A I need to use about 5 books which I've bought. However they all contradict each other and trying to include everything is really stressing me out. I desperately need this A in Biology as I believe I can get an A in Chemistry, Maths and Business, but in Biology I'm really really struggling notes wise. I was wondering if there's anyone here who got an A in their AS Biology (OCR) and would most kindly send me the exact notes they used. You don't understand how much you will help me! Please guys, I really need help!
Chloeheart
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think 5 books are necessary.
All you need is the OCR textbook and A2 CGP revision guide and you should do great!
Also, it would help if you watched youtube videos explaining concepts further, especially if your a visual learner, as it helps bring Biology to life, and helps you with recall.
I would suggest exam papers after revising and during revision too, and check through mark
schemes
In terms of notes, what would be brilliant, is mindmaps with only short sentances/keywords to really test your recall and understanding of concepts, and help you see the entire module laid out before you.
This again would be great as it would allow you to see how topics are linked, as well as using colour and pictures to enable recall and understanding.

Hope I've helped.
Don;t get so stressed, that's detrimental to your success. Just get on it, and relax!
mrchemistry
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Chloeheart)
I don't think 5 books are necessary.
All you need is the OCR textbook and A2 CGP revision guide and you should do great!
Also, it would help if you watched youtube videos explaining concepts further, especially if your a visual learner, as it helps bring Biology to life, and helps you with recall.
I would suggest exam papers after revising and during revision too, and check through mark
schemes
In terms of notes, what would be brilliant, is mindmaps with only short sentances/keywords to really test your recall and understanding of concepts, and help you see the entire module laid out before you.
This again would be great as it would allow you to see how topics are linked, as well as using colour and pictures to enable recall and understanding.

Hope I've helped.
Don;t get so stressed, that's detrimental to your success. Just get on it, and relax!
Seems like good advice! But doing mindmaps and all that now seems really late Also, I've been searching on youtube for videos people have used to get an A but have come across non so far. What did you get in Biology AS OCR?
Chloeheart
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mrchemistry)
Seems like good advice! But doing mindmaps and all that now seems really late Also, I've been searching on youtube for videos people have used to get an A but have come across non so far. What did you get in Biology AS OCR?
I got a B,
an A and a B in each respective module

There are tonns of videos'!
Here are some I am using for A2 biology for example.. Just type in the area you are studying and you will for sure find stuff.
Also subscribe to the people and follow their other video's

This guy is pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/user/bozemanbiology
Once you watch one of his video's you'l find tonns more!
Goodluck, and no way, it's not to late to make mindmaps, I'm starting that right now for A2 exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.58%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (378)
56.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.35%

Watched Threads