The Student Room Group

UCL postgrad applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by sukriti193
Hi,
I have received a conditional offer for MSc Econ which I will most probably accept! :biggrin: I am an international student too (from India).
Anybody else who has an offer for the same course?

Congratulations! When did you apply and when did you get your offer? I've been waiting for over 2.5 months now for a reply...
Original post by oli92
Congratulations! When did you apply and when did you get your offer? I've been waiting for over 2.5 months now for a reply...

Thanks! I applied in jan end and got my offer a week back. :smile: I think you will hear from them soon.
All the best! (Y)
What course have you applied for?
Reply 422
Original post by sukriti193
Thanks! I applied in jan end and got my offer a week back. :smile: I think you will hear from them soon.
All the best! (Y)
What course have you applied for?

Hopefully that's the case. I have applied for MSc Economics as well.
got a conditional offer for M.Sc Drug Delivery :smile:
Reply 424
Hey, I have been stalking this thread/website a while and am now chiming in. I am student from USA (California) with an offer for Public Policy. I see many in this thread are studying IPP, but are any in public policy?
Guys, I also do believe that you might find this thread interesting: :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2645159&p=47079835#post47079835
And you are welcomed to express your opinions.
Reply 426
Original post by Spairos
Guys, I also do believe that you might find this thread interesting: :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2645159&p=47079835#post47079835
And you are welcomed to express your opinions.

:toofunny:

And why not in the LSE or imperial threads? Worried that your pet is falling behind in the oh-so-important TSR poll? :laugh:
Reply 427
Original post by sj27

And why not in the LSE or imperial threads? Worried that your pet is falling behind in the oh-so-important TSR poll? :laugh:

That's rich. I think everyone knows that all three are highly-ranked and prestigious universities.
Reply 428
Original post by annikam
That's rich. I think everyone knows that all three are highly-ranked and prestigious universities.

Everyone except Spairos apparently :rolleyes:
Original post by sj27

Ehh, just because I had posted in this thread before, I considered it easier to post the link here.
If you have found LSE and Imperial thread then you could post a link there too. These people here, also, might have applied to all these 3.
I anyways don't expect everyone to be lacking of critical ability and blindly vote for their own uni. If I had a poll "is Cambridge or university of East Welsh-Anglia-Ireland-Scotland Kirgizstanstuarshire the most prestigious one?" I woudln't expect every student of the latter to vote against Cambridge. (although this poll would have nothing to do about their satisfaction for courses, thier job prospects, which uni is the best, etc)

Original post by sj27
Everyone except Spairos apparently :rolleyes:

Lol, did I ever said that are not all of them highkly ranked and prestigious? I think you have even missed some of my posts when I said "true I agree". Man, all I did was creating a simple poll out of curiostity because I like to create polls and implement results. If you don't like then please stop being off topic and you don't have to stay in this thread anymore. Some of these people might have even be accepted to all these 3 unis (like me for example), and they can form their opinion on "if you are forced to select only one, based on their prestige, which one would you choose?". It's a simple question that might be of interest for some people, if you don't like it don't follow the link and don't be so obsessed about it, it's not good for health :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 430
Original post by Spairos

Lol, did I ever said that are not all of them highkly ranked and prestigious? I think you have even missed some of my posts when I said "true I agree". Man, all I did was creating a simple poll out of curiostity because I like to create polls and implement results. If you don't like then please stop being off topic and you don't have to stay in this thread anymore. Some of these people might have even be accepted to all these 3 unis (like me for example), and they can form their opinion on "if you are forced to select only one, based on their prestige, which one would you choose?". It's a simple question that might be of interest for some people, if you don't like it don't follow the link and don't be so obsessed about it, it's not good for health :smile:

And that, my dear friend, is precisely what I was afraid of - for you. Please, please do not tell me you are actually basing a decision like this on what a bunch of anonymous posters on a TSR poll are telling you... Especially when you haven't mentioned what subject (at least in the posts I've seen), which could make it a very obvious choice of one of those over the others.

Also... I seem to recall you had a whole bunch of offers for your masters and didn't go to the more prestigious ones? (Or am I recalling wrong?)
Hey everyone,

I started a new thread for MSc IPP students, I know a few of you on here are going to be IPP with me so I figured I'd start a separate thread. You can find it here.... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2646169&p=47086979#post47086979
Original post by sj27
And that, my dear friend, is precisely what I was afraid of - for you. Please, please do not tell me you are actually basing a decision like this on what a bunch of anonymous posters on a TSR poll are telling you... Especially when you haven't mentioned what subject (at least in the posts I've seen), which could make it a very obvious choice of one of those over the others.

Also... I seem to recall you had a whole bunch of offers for your masters and didn't go to the more prestigious ones? (Or am I recalling wrong?)

Well I am not basing my decision on what others tell me of the prestige. In fact that specific poll is not for advicing me for which uni to choose, I think I have already mentioned it a several number of times that it's just a poll. I think it's aimless to repeat myself over and over.
Yes and this year I have also been selected by other "more prestigious" ones, so my current (and previous years) actions showing that I am not selecting one based on their prestige. That link is just a survey, but it might be too difficult for you to understand it, my dear friend. Perhaps you haven't seen other polls before, or maybe you can't think what it is like for someone who likes to create polls to explore some data.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mooseb
Hey, I have been stalking this thread/website a while and am now chiming in. I am student from USA (California) with an offer for Public Policy. I see many in this thread are studying IPP, but are any in public policy?

Hey!

I have accepted an offer to study Public Policy at UCL as well (I'm also *technically* American, although I have lived most of my life outside the U.S.)!

We'll be sharing at least three classes with IPP peeps for sure (the qualitative and quantitative research methods classes and Public Policy Economics and Analysis), and I think IPP and PP graduates can end up having taken almost identical modules.

Point being, we're different by name, but in essence we're all the same. Hmm, that was an accident, but that has a catchy slogan tune to it.

Anyway, extremely eager to begin postgrad in London in a few months!
Reply 434
Original post by Spairos
Well I am not basing my decision on what others tell me of the prestige. In fact that specific poll is not for advicing me for which uni to choose, I think I have already mentioned it a several number of times that it's just a poll. I think it's aimless to repeat myself over and over.
Yes and this year I have also been selected by other "more prestigious" ones, so my current (and previous years) actions showing that I am not selecting one based on their prestige. That link is just a survey, but it might be too difficult for you to understand it, my dear friend. Perhaps you haven't seen other polls before, or maybe you can't think what it is like for someone who likes to create polls to explore some data.

I'm sorry "my dear friend" but I do not follow every post you make so no I do not know all your thinking. Clearly I do not understand the meaning behind people starting threads/polls on subjects that they then claim "it's just a poll" implying it to be meaningless and irrelevant (and yet still want to "explore some data")... Lol.... You've been very amusing, actually, but having established that even you don't care about what you post, I'll leave you to get one with...whatever it is you seem to want to achieve here.
Stop hijacking this thread with meaningless twaddle!
Original post by sj27
I'm sorry "my dear friend" but I do not follow every post you make so no I do not know all your thinking. Clearly I do not understand the meaning behind people starting threads/polls on subjects that they then claim "it's just a poll" implying it to be meaningless and irrelevant (and yet still want to "explore some data")... Lol.... You've been very amusing, actually, but having established that even you don't care about what you post, I'll leave you to get one with...whatever it is you seem to want to achieve here.

It's about the post that I had quoted you, so I am not talking about "every post of mine". I think you are the one, "my dear friend", who imagines things that I want to achieve something.... whilst actually you are the one who obviously try to achieve something.. (or you think that you have to achieve something)
In fact, you are amusing me but maybe it's impossible for you to understand me (so maybe you don't do it on purpose) and by this point I have nothing more to add. By now, you either have understood, or you can never understand. So anyways I will also let you to get on with yourselff. Cheers.
Original post by nunugab
Stop hijacking this thread with meaningless twaddle!

+1.

(and I hope he will stop hijacking my other thread too)
Original post by Spairos
It's about the post that I had quoted you, so I am not talking about "every post of mine". I think you are the one, "my dear friend", who imagines things that I want to achieve something.... whilst actually you are the one who obviously try to achieve something.. (or you think that you have to achieve something)
In fact, you are amusing me but maybe it's impossible for you to understand me (so maybe you don't do it on purpose) and by this point I have nothing more to add. By now, you either have understood, or you can never understand. So anyways I will also let you to get on with yourselff. Cheers.

Could you guys pm each other your bickering please?
Original post by redferry
Could you guys pm each other your bickering please?

I am sorry, he came out of nowhere to hijack my posts (here and elsewhere too). I said to him what I had to. I don't have more things to say to him.
If he posts off-topic again (since he has already received a warning by the posters of this thread) I will consider it as breaking the forum rules, but anyways I won't reply him back.
Cheers
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest