The Student Room Group

Manchester Dentistry Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by polozolo123
When was ur interview futuredentist? Mine was on 05 dec and still havent heard :frown:

Yeah mine was back then to!! :frown:
They started giving offers to people who had their interviews Feb-March time.. But now people who had there's in Dec are hearing back!
Hopefully we'll know soon!
Reply 561
Original post by #FutureDentist
Hey, congrats on the offer :smile: When did you hear from them?
I wonder if they've given all the offers out, and are now just giving the rejections :frown:

Edit: Just saw your post on the other thread haha never mind!
WELL DONE :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Haha thankyou! Yeah I'm a weird one I had to reschedule from Dec to Feb. Hopefully it's good news for you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 562
Original post by heens
Thank you! And you in Manchester! :smile: haha I was like that when I got my Sheffield offer, I cried! :colondollar: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww haha my reaction was different for Liverpool. It was more ehh wth is this??! hahaha they gave me a deferred offer which was totally unexpected but I was still happy with it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by haleeema
Haha thankyou! Yeah I'm a weird one I had to reschedule from Dec to Feb. Hopefully it's good news for you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhhh, so they are still doing Feb ones then! That's a sigh of relief sort of haha
Offer from Manc!!! Got an email just now :biggrin:
Reply 565
Offer from Manc!!! Got an email just now :biggrin:

Congrats!!! :biggrin: Are you firming?
Congrats!!! :biggrin: Are you firming?

Thanks! :biggrin: Waiting for track to update now. I'm not sure yet... You?
Reply 567
Thanks! :biggrin: Waiting for track to update now. I'm not sure yet... You?

Yeah I will be, it's always been my first choice :biggrin: you got any other offers?
Yeah I will be, it's always been my first choice :biggrin: you got any other offers?

Got an offer from Leeds and Sheffield. So I have to pick which one now!
I always loved Manc though :smile:
Reply 569
Got an offer from Leeds and Sheffield. So I have to pick which one now!
I always loved Manc though :smile:

Aww well done! I have an offer from Liverpool but it's always been Manchester for me. They're all quite close to each other, where are you from?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 570
Manchester people, how many have sorted out the accommodation? If so where?
Reply 571
Had anyone else still not heard? I'm getting worried :/
Reply 572
Original post by DHV
Had anyone else still not heard? I'm getting worried :/

Nope! I haven't either. Surely we should hear back now!
Original post by ankito1

They're dragging their heels letting some of you know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 574
Original post by ankito1

Hopefully it's good news x

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi,
has anyone who has got an offer from Manchester had anything else sent to them ie health questionnaires, information on vaccinations.
I received my offer in December but heard nothing else from them, just wondered if this was the same for everyone
Reply 576
Original post by dentalapp
hi,
has anyone who has got an offer from Manchester had anything else sent to them ie health questionnaires, information on vaccinations.
I received my offer in December but heard nothing else from them, just wondered if this was the same for everyone

Hi,

I'm exactly the same, still haven't received anything from them. I emailed them not long after I received my offer and they explained that we should be getting health questionnaires early May. So I guess it's just a waiting game for now.

Have you had your Hep B vaccination? Because my local GP said that only uni would be able to give me this...
Original post by mobrien
Hi,

I'm exactly the same, still haven't received anything from them. I emailed them not long after I received my offer and they explained that we should be getting health questionnaires early May. So I guess it's just a waiting game for now.

Have you had your Hep B vaccination? Because my local GP said that only uni would be able to give me this...

Ok that's good, it's put me at ease that I'm not the only one. Yeah I got the vaccination 2 weeks ago. I just made an appointment with the nurses told them I needed it for uni and she just gave me it so I'd suggest just ringing up and booking an appointment with a nurse and say you need hep b
I want to apply to dentistry and I was just wondering the stats of those who have been offered a place
Reply 579
Original post by Dentist214
I want to apply to dentistry and I was just wondering the stats of those who have been offered a place

I got: A2 3 A's plus B at AS. GCSE 8A*'s 2A's. UKCAT 683.

Plus I had about 4weeks plus work experience.

I think that the main thing though is you. It's just a given that everyone applying with have 3A's at A2. Just make sure that you put across personality in interviews and your personal statement. Don't be just another boring PS which they have to read.

I received 3 offers so it shows you don't have to have highest grades possible.

If you have any other questions just let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest